• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

ocd and christians - ftm confusion

Alex-John

hi  ... sorry av  not been around of late ...i have been going on a christian forum and its messed me up 

i think i am a feminine gay trans man  but because of the forum i was on  they told me i was being brainwashed  and for me to dress as female

but i dont think  am being brainwashed  was told id go to hell ...i scared about that i have OCD religious ocd  i fear of doing the wrong thing 

but i want to be a man but i feel so confused   what  kind of man likes unicorns and teddies   

You know youre trans when youre not comfortable in a woman's body, see yourself in a man's body, and are comfortable with male names and pronouns. Interests don't change your identity like that. Stay away from that forum because it's very toxic. Do your best to take their voices out of your head because they don't know what they're talking about.

My messages are always open!!

Stay safe and stay alive,

Aiden

• Admin

I agree with Aiden, stay FAR FAR away from that website since it is doing this to you.  I am a Christian myself and I belong to a denomination that truly welcomes me and where I am almost a little too active.  You are some level of Trans and nothing to fear as far as your afterlife.  People on those sites say those things because they are even more afraid of living.  There are Loving groups of Transgender Christians who know that God as they worship God does not damn us, only humans do that, and it is not their power, only a fantasy to keep them from harming themselves which they do by holding those ideas. 

• Forum Moderator

Hey Alexx, sorry to hear of the stress in your life,  We're here and will never tell you who you are, or aren't.   That you are a man is correct if you feel that way.  No questions asked.   You aren't going to hell, and if you are there will be lots of company.  You can be transgender or gender non conforming and still believe in a god and salvation.   The only brainwashing is going on at that other site.  Please stay away.

Hugs, Jani

Hi Alexx,

I have some pretty conservative evangelical members in my family and have also heard that the rhetoric about my soul going to hell, being an abomination in the eyes of God etc. etc.  I'm told God makes no mistakes and hence I must be male and live in a male body.  The question that I have posed to these Christians was this.  Imagine you and your spouse are expecting your first child.  The baby is born and soon after you learn that the baby has a heart defect and will die within its first year of life without medical intervention.  However, you are told that the doctors are able to repair the childs heart and the child can have a normal happy healthy life expectancy.  You have just told me, however, that God makes no mistakes.  So is it his will that your newborn child is destined to die within the  next year because of course you do not allow the surgery to proceed.  After all it is the will of God that your child was born with a defective heart and God makes no mistakes.  Or do you agree to the surgery because it will allow your child to grow up healthy normal and happy?  The typical response I've gotten from this question has been a befuddled bewildered look and a lot of "Well Well Well  aaaaaaahmmm....".  

If you ask me God is not that mean and cruel as to condemn us to hell for living our lives in the gender that we know ourselves to have been born in.  I totally agree with the other responses suggesting you stay away from that Christian forum.  It teaches anything but what Christ would have you learn.  

• Forum Moderator

Alexx, there are certainly a lot of people out there with different ideas about religion and being Christian. Many of then are very intolerant of anyone that doesn’t conform to their idea of what is right and wrong.  

The thing is is many of the mainstream Protestant denominations have come to accept LGBTQ members.  The allow non traditional  marriage and even accept people into the ministry that would not have been allowed not that many years ago.  Jani is right, you aren’t going to be condemned to eternity in hell.  John 3:16 among other passages assures you of that, without any preconditions.  Keep your faith and don’t listen to the haters.

hugs

Willow

• Admin
13 minutes ago, SaraOlivia said:

So is it his will that your newborn child is destined to die within the  next year because of course you do not allow the surgery to proceed.  After all it is the will of God that your child was born with a defective heart and God makes no mistakes. 

In the Book of the Wisdom of Sirach which is in the section of the Bible  between the OT and NT called the Apocrypha it says:  "Honor physicians for their services for their gift of healing comes from the Most High and they are rewarded by the King. The skill of physicians makes them distinguished and in the presence of the great they are admired. The Lord created medicines out of the earth and the sensible will not despise them. -----and the Lord gave skill to human beings that He might be glorified in His marvelous works. -----God's works will never be finished --------  He who sins against his Maker will be defiant to his Physician."  (Sirach 38.)

We Trans honor our physicians!!!

thank you all for replying to my post i want a male body its feels wrong for me to have breasts and other female stuff 

my body feels so wrong as it is  

my pastor has been unwell of late he is ftm  himself  but he back to work again we have a group today  

am hoping i'll be able to get an appointment with him for one to one 

i am staying away from that forum