• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Direct financial benefit to transitioning - life insurance

Cyndee

• Forum Moderator

Ok, this topic is probably not of interest to the younger folks here, but for us in the more established end of the spectrum this extra benefit was  noticeable. 

Life insurance is an important part of estate planning most will tell you. Insurance companies have huge analytical capabilities in which to calculate risk. They have long concluded it's less risky to insure a female over a male of comparable age. Knowing this fact set my mind into motion a bit, what factors do being female enhance my chances of living a longer life ? First of all I have less stress, I care for my body and well being far more now. Many things from that previous life seemed to be destructive and risky. However one can consider being female carries it's own sets of risks, such as sexual predators , or creeps thinking they can take advantage of the poor woman. The overall benefit is undeniable however.

So what's the financial perk to being female ? My life insurance premiums at my age happen to be about 30% less just because I am female (non smoker) :)

Thoughts ?

C -

• Forum Moderator

Its the same with auto insurance.  Being female has its other advantages aside from piece of mind!

Jani

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Jani said:

Its the same with auto insurance.  Being female has its other advantages aside from piece of mind!

Jani

I did not think about car insurance this morning, thanks for pointing that out Jani.

Cyndee -

• 4 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Interestingly I realized today I had not contacted my auto insurance company when I thought I had.  Duh!  I called USAA and after the agent did a little research she just changed the gender marker.  I logged in to the website a few minutes later and hocus pocus, it was correct!  Yeah.  I'm hoping my rates will change a little.  

Jani

Yes it is , and depends on the state .  In general its life insurance is a big savings , but short term disability may go up . In MA as far as I know no difference on auto insurance . 

wow that's totally mind blowing. I will contact my A.I 2mor. I can't offer L.I.. but ty u all

• Forum Moderator

I remember being angry that young women had lower car insurance than i did when i got my first car.  I don't know if that discrepancy still exists.  I guess when i got older the risks became equal.

Hugs,

Charlize

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 81 Guests (See full list)

• Maddee
    • KathyLauren
    • Abby Gen
    • MaryEllen
    • MaeBe
    • April Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

FinnyFinsterHH
    Newest Member
    FinnyFinsterHH

1. Amyjay
      Amyjay
      (58 years old)
    2. bettyjean
      bettyjean
    3. Breanna
      Breanna
      (52 years old)
    4. Emily Ayla
      Emily Ayla
    5. JET182
      JET182
    • Astrid
      Welcome, Abby Gen! I'm 74 and non-binary, which has a widely different way of expressing itself among folks, and is often not understood very well by others.     You're not alone. The repeating cycle is certainly something that I experienced for many years in secret, until the pressure and anger became not just uncomfortable but dominated my personality. I am a gentle and kind person by nature, and I intensely disliked what denial did to me.  Women's clothing is now an important part of my expression, and second nature to wear.  Since I've also been on HRT patches (estradiol) for 4+ uears, men's clothing often doesn't fit me well anymore, and I find it has little appeal as well.     Yep.   Everyone's journey follows a somewhat unique path, and I wish you well as you ponder what to do going forward.   Your love and care for your spouse are admirable, supportive, and important.  As my spouse witnessed first-hand that most things in our relationship did not change with my non-binaryness, it greatly releaved stress.   Kind regards,   Astrid
    • Ashley0616
      I don’t see any offense taken. My thing is don’t force beliefs on people. Talking about it is fine. 
    • Ivy
      I don't see how.   I know my own spiritual practices are pretty minority.  I don't have a problem with other folk's as long as they're not attacking me.
    • VickySGV
      Best Buy has not been on my "highly preferred" list for some time now because of in-store service in my area.  One security guard, one manager always on break for 8 hours, 5 sales "advisors" in regard to several million $$ in merchandise that I may want to buy a small amount of, but cannot find what I want, and then told to order it online and I can pick it up in 5 hours when I need it NOW.  At least they have not pegged me as Trans for a long time, but you get that they have one unhappy Trans person who has been there.  On the bright side I don't have to worry about financing their donations to anti-trans causes this way because I am not buying anything there.
    • Ivy
      “we understand that it’s unrealistic for Best Buy to leave HRC in the near future because of their political clout.”   Just go after the defenseless.   Or perhaps the Lavender Scare.
    • Davie
      Yeah. Maybe they're getting tired of being laughed at? Or their Trans Panic is wearing off? "All Anti-LGBTQ+ Bills Defeated In Georgia. Every anti-LGBTQ+ bill was defeated in Georgia as the legislature adjourned Sine Die after midnight Thursday. Is the anti-trans panic losing steam, or is it pausing until after the election?" https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/all-anti-lgbtq-bills-defeated-in?publication_id=994764&post_id=143079115&isFreemail=true&r=rebf4&triedRedirect=true
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://spectrumlocalnews.com/hi/hawaii/news/2024/03/27/honolulu-hale-pink-transgender     Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/entertainment/2024/03/28/transgender-day-of-visibility-events-and-celebrations-in-des-moines-2024/73093751007/     Carolyn Marie
    • Ashley0616
      I'm sorry. Good thing have that. I don't have any friends due to abandoning I get ghosted all the time.  Don't know when to stop communicating
    • VickySGV
      Actually a good start there for us in this group.  You fit into a pattern of which each of us is one piece, but the whole pattern is wide a beautiful.
    • VickySGV
      Welcome to the Forums, as @KathyLaurensaid, we are here to listen to you and help you live your life as you best can.
    • Willow
      I certainly hope I did not offend anyone.  I am well aware that not everyone celebrates the same religious beliefs or holy days.  My ancestors changed from Catholic to Church of Scotland at some point and eventually became Presbyterian.  My father did not believe at all, although he would accompany his grandfather to the church the family went to when his grandfather went to fix something.  My mother found it funny when I became a deacon and I’m certain she is dumbfounded that I am an elder and trying to become a commissioned pastor.   The class I am taking now is about the Old Testament taken from the Jewish perspective but also touches on Islam and leads into Christianity.  The text book talks about all the different ancient religions in the Fertile Crescent and the wars fought between them and some thought as to why.  Generally, food and access to areas that were suitable for growing a variety of things.  Not unlike the discussion we’ve been having.   i lived in Thailand which was principally Buddhist, and I learned a bit about them as well.   Willow 
    • KatieSC
      Instead of a news section, I wonder if we do not need a section titled: You Can't Make This Stuff Up.   I just read this link, https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/best-buy-offers-screen-lgbtq-nonprofit-donations-conservative-pressure-rcna145603   Apparently, a conservative think tank is getting Best Buy to audit what their employees are donating to, in order to route out LGBTQ support. Is this the 1930s in a European country with designs of having a thousand year empire? What I do not get is Best Buy pandering to this conservative PAC, but then again, we saw how the anti-LGBTQ, and especially the anti-trans forces attacked Budweiser, and Target. 
    • Markianor
      I'm not sure how to start, so I'll just dive right in.   I've been trying (passively until recently) for years to pinpoint my sexuality and my gender. I grew up in a VERY rural, mostly conservative area. When I was a kid in the early-mid 2000's, there was only straight, bi or gay. When people asked if I was bi, I would say "I guess so", or "close enough" because I never focused on or thought about gender when I found myself attracted to someone. "Trans" was a rare term and often misrepresented among teens and young adults. "Pansexual" and "demisexual" did not exist in my area, nor did any terms for gender identity except male, female, or some vague androgyny. I was always very open about my orientation growing up, and my mom and siblings were, for the most part, accepting of who I identified as orientation-wise.   I moved to a major city at 21 and had wonderful, freeing, horizon-broadening experiences that helped me nurture not only my orientation but also opened my eyes to different gender identities. I was very feminine in my early twenties, and frankly, quite underweight. I leaned into that identity (wearing bodycon dresses, fishnets, etc.) although I felt better being seen as "strong" or more athletic than the women around me. As I got older, I started dressing more masculine, and I felt a small rush of gratitude when someone said "sir" and not "ma'am." Dudes would always "correct" themselves when they saw my face. It always bummed me out.   In the past year, I have left the major city and returned home to my smaller town to focus on my mom and siblings, and my relationship to them. I think with the distance from the 'hustle and bustle', I have had a lot of time to consider where I want to be in life, and also who I want to be moving forward. For several years now, I've worn masculine clothes, bound my chest, focused on deepening my voice, even "walking like a man." My mannerisms have completely changed, and I view myself very differently than I did a few years ago.   After a long period of consideration and deep introspection, I have decided to search for a therapist that can help with hormone replacement therapy. I'll be 28 this year but am hoping to process this change healthily and view it as an experience that not only transforms me for the better but also makes me a more empathetic and emotionally aware man.   I do have a few questions as I commit to this change in myself:   What did you say to come out to your family, friends and loved ones? What, today, would you say differently (if anything)? Are there initial steps in the FtM hormone/physical process that you would recommend for taking care of oneself? How did you/how have you navigated hormonal changes in yourself? What is the biggest change you have seen that you did NOT expect? How has transitioning altered your relationships with family (immediate and distant), friends, and potential partners? Is there something in particular you want/wanted to hear or know from your loved ones? Did you hear it? Did it impact you positively or negatively to hear or not hear it? What specific boundaries did you/have you set with your loved ones regarding your transition? Are there boundaries you wish you would have set? Why? Have you found the support you needed to help you through transition? Have you experienced any "[informed] expectation vs reality" clashes? If so, how have you navigated those conflicts?   Thank you so much for any insight. Thank you for taking the time to read, and especially the time and thought to respond. I'm so happy to be here, I'm trying to be concise, but my mind is being pulled in 8 different directions these days.    
    • Ashley0616
      Somewhat. There were times were time felt like it was standing still. I tried to look towards each week. I would count down to the days that I was going to replace estrogen patches and then I would look forward to my next ozempic injection. Plus spending a lot of time on here helped but it was always the end of the day where it seemed slowest. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.