• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Surgery dates all stacked up, The countdown gets closer

jae bear

• Forum Moderator

As it stands I am less than three months from top surgery, I had it scheduled for May 8th but someone needed reconstruction and the surgeons assistant asked me if it was OK to move it to the 28th so I thought that was a good idea and had no real time schedule of my own, so we moved the date to the 28th. I had an appointment  for the preop arrangements and to finalize the implant decisions set for April 4th but I noticed this morning that the appointment was missing from my KP.org calendar so I called and found out that the surgeon had canceled it without checking with me, nice going surgery assistant, it would be nice if somebody would check with me and let me know that it needs to be rescheduled. I called and rescheduled it but now it is 30 days away from the actual surgery date and that seems a touch close to me but I will do my best and try not to be over anxious about the whole thing ...

I have opted for the under the muscle silicon gel implants as they are supposed to be much more reliable long-term and rarely need to be replaced as I am told, the recovery will be a bit tougher but there is so much less chance of capsular contracture that it seems worth it to me as well as the idea that it appears much more natural and doesn’t really have that 10 year time window as long as they’re in good condition they seem to be good for a lifetime, so the surgeon says.

I will keep you updated as things move along...

hugs to all !

Jackie 

That’s awesome Jackie! I wish I was that close. But I guess for now it’s just electrolysis for this girl. Hopefully there will be no more rescheduling for you. 

• Forum Moderator

Great news Jackie.  Sorry about the mix up on schedules.  I think you'll be happy with the under muscle implants from what I've read.  You're on the way!

Jani

• 2 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Well, just a few days now away from surgery, early next week I will arrive in my pajamas to have top surgery, felt like it took forever to get here but now that it’s here it’s happened so quickly I feel like I can’t get ready fast enough .  After everything was said and done and I spent some time with the surgeon we chose 450 mL, under the muscle silicon gel procedure. In an effort to simply blend in I was hoping to stay in the C range, but it is possible with the size that was chosen I may end up a D.  Trying the smaller implants did not look right on me, my 40 inch chest just doesn’t look correct with smaller implants, as soon as the 450 mL implants were used as the model I felt and looked correct, it actually felt more correct than anything else, and I didn’t bother trying anything larger, to be honest 450 mL felt  pretty big to me but The surgeon  and I both agree they look correct and will help me blend in the best. Thankfully I fully pass these days so augmentation will simply enhance that ability. 

Hugs, 

Jackie

So excited for you hun!! Congrats on reaching this huge milestone!! Hope it all goes well!!  I’ll be thinking about you. ❤️

• Forum Moderator

Wonderful news to read Jackie!  I know all will go well for you. 

Hugs, Jani

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Hey everybody, so it’s day four after surgery and I’m recovering quite well, to be honest I never had any pain just a lot of soreness. I never felt any real anxiety although I thought maybe I would at some point leading up to the surgery, but I guess I was just too excited and went all the way to the surgery suite with a smile on my face and forgot to be anxious. I remember thinking things were taking a long time  and asked someone how long it would take so they let me know that the surgery was already done, I chuckled to myself and decided to sleep off the  anesthesia . As soon as my double vision had gone away, which did take a while, I felt good enough to start sitting up and decided to mess with the nurses at my first opportunity. I had planned this in advance just because I’m a goofball, so of course I asked several nurses how my breast reduction had gone, and will my chest be flat now like it should be? I didn’t get very good responses but  A few people thought it was funny. Some of them didn’t even know what surgery I had and went to go check to see if my reduction have gone well, all I could do was roll my eyes and apologize once they returned with a concerned look on their face. I never had any real pain that I can remember but I did get a note from the anesthesiologist saying they had used a nerve block so that might explain the lack of pain. One thing I didn’t realize  was that the implants were going to be up fairly high initially and need to be worked down as the pectoral muscle relaxed. Since my implants were placed sub muscular the pectoral muscle gets really angry after surgery and tightens up forcing the implants near my clavicle, I guess it is pretty normal and you have to wear a compression bandage over the top of them to continually put pressure in a downward fashion, and after a month or so they finally start moving down as the pectoral muscle starts loosening up and allowing them to be down in the bottom of the cavity created by the surgeon. They’ve already moved down a little bit, but I must admit it’s a little odd since the implants feel so hard and tight at the moment and are clearly not where they belong, initially they were no where near my nipples and I was a bit concerned until a friend of mine and I looked at the details and realized it was fairly common procedure, nobody told us about it but it was pretty normal. I’m finding that  The hardest part is limiting my physical activity as I feel like I can do whatever I want but I am told not to lift things or extend my arms in certain ways or basically use my pectoral muscles as I’m supposed to just let them be so the implants can move their way down, I’m doing my absolute best to obey that and pretending that I am a T-Rex all the time but it’s really difficult to not just use the abilities you’ve had all your life simply because somebody told you not to, I honestly thought pain would keep me from doing silly things but since I’m not hurting I feel like I can do whatever I want, truly not a good combination of ways to be, I don’t exactly want to have pain but  I also want to follow the doctor‘s orders 

• Forum Moderator

Wonderful news Jackie!  Heal well.

Congrats Jackie!  I'm glad it went well!  I hope it heals for you well!

• Forum Moderator

well it’s been a while since the surgery, not quite two weeks, but I’m feeling great, mostly just trying to remember not to lift things or raise my hands above my head since it is completely easy to do so I have no pain whatsoever. The implants are moving down slowly with the assistance of a device that I call my seatbelt, it’s an elastic adjustable strap that pulls down on them so they continue to slide under the muscle as the pectoral muscle relaxes over the next month or so. Results are starting to look good to me ,  and as I was hoping it appears I’m fitting very nicely in a C cup, although once everything relaxes I may need a little more room but hopefully it will just stay that way ?

• Forum Moderator

Wonderful Jackie.  Keep going and this will be behind you soon. 

Jani

• Forum Moderator

I’ll certainly be glad when I don’t have to wear the elastic strap around my chest all the time, maybe another month or so. Although I’m very pleased with the results so far and I do believe I will be able to stay in a C cup, or at least until bottom surgery as I have heard there is often a growth spurt following SRS...

I’m about 3 1/2 months away from FFS at this point, so I’m certainly hoping my top end is all golden by the time I’m rolling into surgery on my face. All in all I was very pleased with the way my last surgery went, I honestly don’t believe it could’ve been better in any way!

Hugs

Jackie

D6E532F9-6572-4027-ACDB-E0184309FD6E.jpeg

Holy moly dear!! You are not the same girl as a year ago! Like WOW!! So happy for you. ❤️❤️

I really like the hair! I’ve always loved red. 

• Forum Moderator

Wow! Stunning changes, @jae bear.  You are a completely new you!  I love it!  I'm sure you do too!

PS: cancel that FFS!!

• 2 weeks later...

Jackie,

Thanks so much for sharing this aspect of your jouney. You look amazing in your photo. I have to agree with @Susan R, you might seriously reconsider FFS. 

Jane Shannon 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 119 Guests (See full list)

• Davie
    • Ivy
    • KathyLauren
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Jamey-Heather
    • SamC
    • VickySGV
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Quillian
    Newest Member
    Quillian

1. Bowie Ellis
      Bowie Ellis
      (19 years old)
    2. Damien Mcknight
      Damien Mcknight
      (18 years old)
    3. JJ
      JJ
      (77 years old)
    4. KathyLauren
      KathyLauren
      (70 years old)
    5. memyselfandwe
      memyselfandwe
      (44 years old)
    • MaeBe
      So…I didn’t know your Facebook avatar was public. So, on my birthday, a couple people used a group avatar message to wish me a happy birthday…and now my Facebook friends can see a short video of my female avatar dancing with an old friend’s and another with my uncle’s avatars. So am I “Facebook out” now? 😬
    • Davie
      No, they are not. Truth wins in the end and this report is full of lies that poison the whole thing: see this: "Dr. Cass Backpedals From Review: HRT, Blockers Should Be Made Available it's said. Dr. Cass's latest statements are likely to cast more doubt on the validity of the study, which has come under fire for disregarding substantial evidence on trans care." https://www.erininthemorning.com/p/dr-cass-backpedals-from-review-hrt?publication_id=994764&post_id=143743897&isFreemail=true&r=rebf4&triedRedirect=true I hope Dr. Cass wins The Mengele Award for it.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Boyfriend and I went to a support group for spouses dating or married to a transgender person on Tuesday night for the first time.It was amazing meeting other couples like us.One was a genetic woman whom has been dating a transgender male for the first time and she is supporting his transition.Us,they were amazed by us agreeing on something we said,love and acceptance have brought us together
    • Abigail Genevieve
      By which I mean there is a cultural stereotype of what a man is, and one of what a woman is.  Even worse, of what a transgender person is.   You be you.   I read of a boy who thought he was a girl because he did not adhere to some (rather toxic) conceptions of what it means to be a man, so he decided he was a girl.  He was told he didn't have to conform to stereotype and got happy. "You mean I don't have to transition?" He didn't want to, and was relieved.   Once upon a time if you were transgender they told you either you transition or die.   Incorporate the best of what it means to be a man and the best of what it means to be a woman as much as you possibly can, and let the rest go.  Be fully human. Be alive. Don't conform to some cultural crud.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      On the way back to her desk she was interrupted by six short, urgent conversations that had to be attended to. Then she slipped into the women's room and locked the stall door.  She took a deep breath, then another, and allowed herself to shake for five minutes,  Then deep breathing, ten in and ten out, stretch up, touch the floor, neck rolls and she was fine. She used the toilet and a woman knocked and said, "Taylor, are you okay?"   "Ready to conquer the world!"  on her way out she found her makeup was fine.  Three stalls, two sinks.  If she ever designed a women's room with three stalls, there would be four sinks, with plenty of space to plunk your stuff down between them.   She met a deferential Karen.  "Here is the branding I came up with," she said.  And she went back to working as hard as Brenda and Mary, who looked up worriedly and then went back to the proposal.   Shortly before 5:00 she received an email with the title Consolidation and Compensation.  In it she learned that the position of office manager was eliminated, and the current office manager was to become the chief executive officer. The former CEO, along with the CFO, the chief legal officer, and sundry staff, had been terminated, per the Board of Directors.  Effective immediately everyone would receive a base salary of $20,000 with a commission to be set by the individual's supervisor.  Each supervisor would be given a certain percentage to distribute.  Most functions they had been handled would be outsourced as needed.   "The question of what profit was made last year is frequent enough to be answered.  The company lost over 500,000 in fiscal 2023.  At this point further cuts are not anticipated.  We will be strategically adding positions that will enhance our profits. Hard work is expected of everyone."   Her two web guys had been complaining because their games had been remotely uninstalled.  After the memo came out they were absolutely silent.  That gave her an idea, and after an exchange of emails they were reassigned to maintenance out at the plant, effective tomorrow morning.  There were lots of weeds that needed pulling, if nothing else. That email went out after they left early, for the day.  The maintenance foreman was a no-nonsense type who did not tolerate slacking, and they would learn a thing or two.  This also freed up two spaces for her to put new people.
    • Davie
      Except for this thung thwister: Theophilus Thistle, the successful thistle sifter, in sifting a sieve full of unsifted thistles, thrust three-thousand thistles through the thick of his thumb. Now if, Theophilus Thistle, the successful thistle sifter, in sifting a sieve full of of unsifted thistles, thrust three-thousand thistles through the thick of his thumb, how many thistles can'st thou thrust through the thick of thy thumb . . . in sifting a sieve-full of unsifted thistles? Success to the successful thistle sifter!
    • VickySGV
      You have given you and us a big clue right there.  I hope you have shared this observation with your Endocrinologist and are willing to take their advice about changing that behavior.    Non prescribed herbal or animal supplements can have a negative effect on your body's use of your available hormones.  Also, your genetics are going to be controlling what your body is going to do with your hormones, and again, that is for you to consult with your Endocrinologists.  On this site none of us are licensed medical personnel and we cannot give you advice on your health more than what your doctor can.  We have rules that we enforce against our members advising about "Folk Remedies" because we have had members who have gone that route and badly damaged their health and quality of life.  Only thing I can go anywhere on, is that maybe if you change your expectations of what should happen, you will at least not be in danger of harming yourself from anxiety.
    • Timi
      Hi @violet r!    Thank you so much for sharing. I'm so glad you found this place. I hope you find as much comfort and support here as I have.    -Timi    
    • marysssia
      Hi lovely people,   I'm a 25 yo MtF woman, and I've been suffering from low estrogen issues since October 2023. I completely lost my feminine libido, my breast completely stopped growing, my estrogen levels dropped by a lot (despite NOT decreasing my E dosage) and thus my dysphoria drastically increased. I think it is worth mentioning that, for my health issues, I had been taking ----- Lamotrigine for months & had been on ketogenic diet, and these things seem to be a culprit of my current issue. I weaned off Lamotrigine some time ago and gave up on keto diet, but it still doesn't seem to help. My estrogen is still low (44 ng/ml) and my libido hasn't come back yet. In general, I struggle with my dysphoria so much because of that and, to be honest, I don't know what to do. I've tried so many dietary supplements, yet I didn't get any effects from them. My endocrinologist didn't know how to help me. She only suggested to increase my daily estrogen dose (to 3x per day ------sublingual estrogen tablets and 3x per day ------ estrogen gel applied to armpits or thighs), which I did, without any effect.   Please, help me. Prior to keto diet & Lamotrigine treatment, I'd never had experience like that. I'm basically helpless and have no clue what to do. Having to deal with low estrogen is a horrible experience to me and it affects my life severely.   BTW, my T levels are always within female range.   Do you have any clue what exactly I should do?
    • April Marie
      I love wearing a jeans skirt!! That looks like airport carpet. Safe travels if you're flying!!
    • Maddee
      Flight faraway forthcoming Fabulous forum friends 😊😊🎸🦂
    • Maddee
    • KathyLauren
      One of our cats is polydactyl.  He has 7 toes on each front paw and 5 on each back paw, for 24 toes total.   Another one, an ex-feral who, at the time, was free to roam, climbed 50 feet up a tree without having any thought about how he was going to get down.  His pal climed down backwards, but he couldn't.  He ended up coming down by leaping from branch to branch.  Which nearly gave us heart attacks, because he only has one eye and therefore has no depth perception.   The other ex-feral (both are now indoor cats) obviously does not have those soft pads on his feet.  At night, when we are in bed, we can hear him stomping around the house.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      The two o'clock Onshoring meeting was going well.  Taylor was leading, inviting other people up to speak on their specialties. Aerial photogrammetry and surveying, including the exact boundary, were out for contract signature  Gibson had handled that - Manufacturing was supposed to, but somehow hadn't happened.  Legal issues from Legal. Accounting reported on current costs, including all upkeep, guard salaries, etc.  Manufacturing was supposed to give those numbers, but they hadn't.   The downside was the VP of Manufacturing.  He had arrived at the meeting red-faced, his tie askew, clutching a bottle. It smelled strongly of vodka. He had never done anything in his twenty years of being VP of Manufacturing, and he did not like being asked now.   "Mr. ----, do you have the inventory we asked for?" Taylor asked politely.  VP Gibson had asked him to have his people go through the plant and not only inventory but assess the operational status of every piece of equipment.  They needed to know what they had. "I'm not going to take any f---- orders from a g-d- tra---," he snarled. "God knows what kind of perverts it has dragged into our fair city and bangs every night." "That is completely out of line." That was Gibson.  Taylor controlled herself.  That was a shot at Bob, not just at Taylor.  She was glad Bob was not there to do something stupid.  Had Mrs. McCarthy been talking? What had she said?  Was she given to embellishment?  Taylor took a deep breath. "I'm not sorry.  You f--- can take this stupid onshoring --- and shove it up your -" "That is quite enough."  This was the head of HR. "You can take your sissy ways and sashay -" "You are fired." "You can't fire me." "Oh, yes I can," said the office manager.  The VP took another swig from his bottle. "Try it."  He looked uncertain. "I will have you removed.  Are you going to leave on your own?  I am calling the police to help you leave." And he dialed the number. He stomped out cursing. They heard him noisily go down the hall.  This was the front conference room.  He actually went through security and out the door, throwing his badge on the ground on his way.  The guard picked it up. They could see this through the glass wall. "Can you fire a VP?" "The Board told me that if anyone gives me problems they should be shown the door. Even a VP.  I can fire everyone here. I won't, of course. Those were problems." "Are you alright, Taylor?" She nodded.  "I've heard worse.  Shall we continue?" And they did.   The last item was that certain business people in China had been arrested, and the corporation that had been supporting them all these years had been dissolved.  They were on their own, and the Board was dead serious on straightening things out.  After this meeting, Taylor believed it.  She did not attend the meeting to discuss how to distribute the few duties the VP of Manufacturing had done.  That was ultimately up to the Board.    
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Lunch was at Cabaret, still free.  The place was quiet: it was the sort of place you took a business client to impress them, and the few other people were in business suits.  Most of the legal profession was there.   She told him of the morning's frustrations, breaking her own rule about confidentiality.  She asked Karen how the branding was going, and Karen had snapped back that she had not started on it yet - they had all these proposals.  Taylor had explained that it was important, for the two o'clock meeting, and Karen told her to do it herself.  Karen pointed out that Taylor could not touch her - her uncle was on the Board and her brother was VP of Manufacturing.  Nor would the two computer guys go out to the plant - they were playing some kind of MMORPG and simply not available. If she wanted the pictures, she should go.  Mary prayed an Ave Maria, but both she and Brenda were racing to get the proposal out. The client wanted it Friday for review.   She didn't bring up what Mrs. McCarthy had told her.  She wasn't sure how to approach it.  She thought of telling her of a 'something more comfortable' she had bought in case he ever DID show up at her door. It was in the bottom drawer of her dresser, ready to go.  Instead she talked about moving to a place with a garage.  Several of the abandoned houses had one, and they had been maintained well with China cash.   Bob had finally realized that when he was introduced as Bob, Taylor's boyfriend, that was just how things were done here. Other people had introduced each other in terms of family relationships, which were strong.  Long before you found out anything else about someone, you knew how they were related.  Family kept people from leaving Millville.    "What is the real name of this town, anyway?"   She laughed.  "I am trying to find that out.  It's 'Welcome to Millvale' when you come into town from the north, and 'Welcome to Millville' on the south.  I have counted two other variants."   "What a town. Roosevelt is like that, with the families, but there is only one spelling."  
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.