• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Surgery dates all stacked up, The countdown gets closer

jae bear

• Forum Moderator

As it stands I am less than three months from top surgery, I had it scheduled for May 8th but someone needed reconstruction and the surgeons assistant asked me if it was OK to move it to the 28th so I thought that was a good idea and had no real time schedule of my own, so we moved the date to the 28th. I had an appointment  for the preop arrangements and to finalize the implant decisions set for April 4th but I noticed this morning that the appointment was missing from my KP.org calendar so I called and found out that the surgeon had canceled it without checking with me, nice going surgery assistant, it would be nice if somebody would check with me and let me know that it needs to be rescheduled. I called and rescheduled it but now it is 30 days away from the actual surgery date and that seems a touch close to me but I will do my best and try not to be over anxious about the whole thing ...

I have opted for the under the muscle silicon gel implants as they are supposed to be much more reliable long-term and rarely need to be replaced as I am told, the recovery will be a bit tougher but there is so much less chance of capsular contracture that it seems worth it to me as well as the idea that it appears much more natural and doesn’t really have that 10 year time window as long as they’re in good condition they seem to be good for a lifetime, so the surgeon says.

I will keep you updated as things move along...

hugs to all !

Jackie 

That’s awesome Jackie! I wish I was that close. But I guess for now it’s just electrolysis for this girl. Hopefully there will be no more rescheduling for you. 

• Forum Moderator

Great news Jackie.  Sorry about the mix up on schedules.  I think you'll be happy with the under muscle implants from what I've read.  You're on the way!

Jani

• 2 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

Well, just a few days now away from surgery, early next week I will arrive in my pajamas to have top surgery, felt like it took forever to get here but now that it’s here it’s happened so quickly I feel like I can’t get ready fast enough .  After everything was said and done and I spent some time with the surgeon we chose 450 mL, under the muscle silicon gel procedure. In an effort to simply blend in I was hoping to stay in the C range, but it is possible with the size that was chosen I may end up a D.  Trying the smaller implants did not look right on me, my 40 inch chest just doesn’t look correct with smaller implants, as soon as the 450 mL implants were used as the model I felt and looked correct, it actually felt more correct than anything else, and I didn’t bother trying anything larger, to be honest 450 mL felt  pretty big to me but The surgeon  and I both agree they look correct and will help me blend in the best. Thankfully I fully pass these days so augmentation will simply enhance that ability. 

Hugs, 

Jackie

So excited for you hun!! Congrats on reaching this huge milestone!! Hope it all goes well!!  I’ll be thinking about you. ❤️

• Forum Moderator

Wonderful news to read Jackie!  I know all will go well for you. 

Hugs, Jani

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Hey everybody, so it’s day four after surgery and I’m recovering quite well, to be honest I never had any pain just a lot of soreness. I never felt any real anxiety although I thought maybe I would at some point leading up to the surgery, but I guess I was just too excited and went all the way to the surgery suite with a smile on my face and forgot to be anxious. I remember thinking things were taking a long time  and asked someone how long it would take so they let me know that the surgery was already done, I chuckled to myself and decided to sleep off the  anesthesia . As soon as my double vision had gone away, which did take a while, I felt good enough to start sitting up and decided to mess with the nurses at my first opportunity. I had planned this in advance just because I’m a goofball, so of course I asked several nurses how my breast reduction had gone, and will my chest be flat now like it should be? I didn’t get very good responses but  A few people thought it was funny. Some of them didn’t even know what surgery I had and went to go check to see if my reduction have gone well, all I could do was roll my eyes and apologize once they returned with a concerned look on their face. I never had any real pain that I can remember but I did get a note from the anesthesiologist saying they had used a nerve block so that might explain the lack of pain. One thing I didn’t realize  was that the implants were going to be up fairly high initially and need to be worked down as the pectoral muscle relaxed. Since my implants were placed sub muscular the pectoral muscle gets really angry after surgery and tightens up forcing the implants near my clavicle, I guess it is pretty normal and you have to wear a compression bandage over the top of them to continually put pressure in a downward fashion, and after a month or so they finally start moving down as the pectoral muscle starts loosening up and allowing them to be down in the bottom of the cavity created by the surgeon. They’ve already moved down a little bit, but I must admit it’s a little odd since the implants feel so hard and tight at the moment and are clearly not where they belong, initially they were no where near my nipples and I was a bit concerned until a friend of mine and I looked at the details and realized it was fairly common procedure, nobody told us about it but it was pretty normal. I’m finding that  The hardest part is limiting my physical activity as I feel like I can do whatever I want but I am told not to lift things or extend my arms in certain ways or basically use my pectoral muscles as I’m supposed to just let them be so the implants can move their way down, I’m doing my absolute best to obey that and pretending that I am a T-Rex all the time but it’s really difficult to not just use the abilities you’ve had all your life simply because somebody told you not to, I honestly thought pain would keep me from doing silly things but since I’m not hurting I feel like I can do whatever I want, truly not a good combination of ways to be, I don’t exactly want to have pain but  I also want to follow the doctor‘s orders 

• Forum Moderator

Wonderful news Jackie!  Heal well.

Congrats Jackie!  I'm glad it went well!  I hope it heals for you well!

• Forum Moderator

well it’s been a while since the surgery, not quite two weeks, but I’m feeling great, mostly just trying to remember not to lift things or raise my hands above my head since it is completely easy to do so I have no pain whatsoever. The implants are moving down slowly with the assistance of a device that I call my seatbelt, it’s an elastic adjustable strap that pulls down on them so they continue to slide under the muscle as the pectoral muscle relaxes over the next month or so. Results are starting to look good to me ,  and as I was hoping it appears I’m fitting very nicely in a C cup, although once everything relaxes I may need a little more room but hopefully it will just stay that way ?

• Forum Moderator

Wonderful Jackie.  Keep going and this will be behind you soon. 

Jani

• Forum Moderator

I’ll certainly be glad when I don’t have to wear the elastic strap around my chest all the time, maybe another month or so. Although I’m very pleased with the results so far and I do believe I will be able to stay in a C cup, or at least until bottom surgery as I have heard there is often a growth spurt following SRS...

I’m about 3 1/2 months away from FFS at this point, so I’m certainly hoping my top end is all golden by the time I’m rolling into surgery on my face. All in all I was very pleased with the way my last surgery went, I honestly don’t believe it could’ve been better in any way!

Hugs

Jackie

D6E532F9-6572-4027-ACDB-E0184309FD6E.jpeg

Holy moly dear!! You are not the same girl as a year ago! Like WOW!! So happy for you. ❤️❤️

I really like the hair! I’ve always loved red. 

• Forum Moderator

Wow! Stunning changes, @jae bear.  You are a completely new you!  I love it!  I'm sure you do too!

PS: cancel that FFS!!

• 2 weeks later...

Jackie,

Thanks so much for sharing this aspect of your jouney. You look amazing in your photo. I have to agree with @Susan R, you might seriously reconsider FFS. 

Jane Shannon