• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Guitar

Susan

Hey all. Not sure if this is the right place but I wanted to share something I got today. I bought a brand new guitar. I got a really great price to. Comments? Thanks and hugs all!!!!

Screenshot_20190315-090043_Chrome.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Cool.  I like the all black look.  Humbuckers and a whammy bar, Neat.   Interestingly I had just pulled my electric out when I fell and hurt my wrist.  I stopped plinking about when I broke my wrist a few years ago, doh!   A few weeks ago I had figured it would be good to help with flexibly, plus I really enjoy it.  So it was a bit later but I've tuned it up and plugged in.   Make sure they set it up good for you as it will make for easier playing.    Rock on! 

I did. The guitar tech checked and adjusted it for free. It plays super great!!

• Forum Moderator

That looks good! It reminds me a bit of the black Les Paul copy I had in my teens, at least in the colouring. I am constantly tempted to get my old guitar out recently, but never find the time. Enjoy yourself Susan!

Tracy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Very nice @Susan, bet that's a lot of fun....

Here is pic of one of my basses I like to use, a custom made Carvin 5 string (lefty), it uses nylon strings and has a nice "light" action

carvin_5_string_accustic.JPG

• Forum Moderator

That looks different! What kind of pickup(s) does it have @Cyndee?

Tracy

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, tracy_j said:

That looks different! What kind of pickup(s) does it have @Cyndee?

Tracy

Hi Tracy, it's a transducer placed inside the body, according to Carvin they call it " LR Baggs ribbon transducer pickup"

It does has a lot of gain, there is a small pre amp, and active electronics (9v) inside as well, very nice tonal range that combines the resonance of the hollow body.

Cheers

C -

• Forum Moderator

I guess all i can say about my musical ability is that perhaps i'm qualified to be a geriatric groupie.

As a woodworker i do appreciate beautiful grain and workmanship.  I made a few dulcimers in the seventies for musical relatives.  My bending jigs are still in Maine.

Hugs,

Charlize  

• Forum Moderator

That is a beautiful Bass Cyndee.  I saw the knobs and wondered where the pick ups were but the sound hole indicated it was acoustic, amplified.  I love the natural wood finish. Cool!

Here is my Yamaha acoustic.  

20190416_215252.jpg.1abbeddc15500a93f348ef0a6d22e0d4.jpg

• Forum Moderator

Very nice @Jani, Yamaha does make nice guitars ! yours looks dazzling, and I bet it sparkles the ears :)

Cheers !

C -

That's what I have. My pickups are EMI active pickups with a 9 volt battery. Th ety are really cool and expensive. I also found out that my guitar is no longer available in the us. I looked all over only found 1 left on Amazon for about 600 bucks so I am thinking mine will become more valuable as time goes on. Tc all

• Forum Moderator

Thank @Cyndee. A few years ago now lol, but as well as playing a bit, being technically minded I did modify quite a few things. I still have my first guitar which was an Eastern European model (somewhat like a Fender copy). It was a bit cheap although reasonably made so I replaced the machine heads with Schaller and put a couple of DiMarzio Super II pickups on which transformed it (along with a bit of work on the frets to improve the action). I found it easier as it is something like 3/4 scale so a lot easier for reach when starting and good for fast rock things.

I also have an acoustic similar in look to your Yamaha @Jani. It is a Lorenzo I think so a cheaper model, but sounded nice. Back in the day I was very enthusiastic so got quite a bit of equipment. I seldom get rid of anything so still have amps, fuzz box, wah wah pedal and even a Mu-Tron III. All I need maybe is the band lol.

Tracy

• Forum Moderator
On 4/18/2019 at 1:37 AM, tracy_j said:

and even a Mu-Tron III.

@Tracy I love the Mu-Tron's effects, they are just so cool, I have a vintage effects peddle here from the 70's. It's a Morley Pro Flanger, big chrome thing, that uses light to control the effect....

Morley_Flanger.JPG

• Forum Moderator

I have not seen one of those although I remember the rise of such things. It's bringing back a lot of memories!

Tracy

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)

• Belle
    • Denisenj
    • Aidan5
    • Cyndee
    • VickySGV
    • Visitor
    • Jani
    • MaryEllen
    • MetaLicious
    • ElizabethStar
    • RunValRun
    • Jackie C.
    • DonkeySocks
    • Confused1
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Dollzy
    Newest Member
    Dollzy

1. Briezy
      Briezy
      (47 years old)
    • ElizabethStar
      Good luck Berni. 
    • Jani
      Best of luck.  I know you will like the results!    BTW, you are so feminine looking!  Yes! 
    • Jackie C.
      Luck! May it give you the results you're hoping for!   Hugs!
    • Dinaki
      Madame Butterfly is a true story!   Butterfly,” the 1988 Pulitzer-winning drama based on the true story of the disgraced French diplomat and convicted spy — Bernard Boursicot — who, to the world's astonishment, learned at his trial that the Chinese woman who had been his secret lover for nearly 20 years was a man.
    • Dinaki
      You also must watch the film, Madame Butterfly  
    • Timber Wolf
      Good day everyone,🐀   Happy birthday Briezy!🎂 Hope you have a great day!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Berni
      Tracheal shave in 3 hours. This is my third attempt. Previous two were cancelled due to covid.   Wish me luck!   Heres my last picture ... fresh from the shower.
    • QuestioningAmber
      Rowan   I would do a search for Transgender Clinics in Oregon and look for non-profit ones. You may be able to find a specialized clinic in your neck of the woods. I know here in Central Ohio for example has a specialty LGBTQ+ Clinic that has a sliding scale. In doing a quick search, a few came up out of Portland at least (you could even call them if that isn't close for you).
    • DonkeySocks
      If he's on T for a while yet this might be relevant: "When undergoing cervical cancer screening, be sure to share that you're on testosterone therapy and make sure that the gender designation on your sample is disregarded. This kind of therapy can cause your cervical tissues to thin (cervical atrophy), which might mimic a condition in which abnormal cells are found on the surface of the cervix (cervical dysplasia)."--Mayo Clinic website   This is about making sure that a doctor performing the screening doesn't get a false positive for problem cells. However, note that T may cause cervical atrophy, so if your boyfriend is concerned about that, it might be in his best interest to stop T sooner rather than later, depending on what his doctor says about the effects so far and what's expected for his body if he stays on T.
    •  Kylie
      That is good news @Susan R. Hope she continues to recover. CoVID has been doing some long term damage to those that have been surviving from the severe illness.    Well wishes. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      Excellent, Rhonda!  Congrats on a good interview.  Very interesting article, too.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • DonkeySocks
      He should ask his doctor before making any decision, but here's what I was able to find:   Here's a link to a pdf about the hormone process for ftm. On the left is a table of contents; click on "Are these changes permanent?" https://d31kydh6n6r5j5.cloudfront.net/uploads/sites/161/2019/08/hormones_FTM.pdf   Also I found the following list on the ftm hormone page on Wikipedia: Reversible changes     Increased libido     Redistribution of body fat     Cessation of ovulation and menstruation     Increased musculature     Increased sweat and changes in body odor     Prominence of veins and coarser skin     Acne (especially in the first few years of therapy)     Alterations in blood lipids (cholesterol and triglycerides)     Increased red blood cell count Irreversible changes     Deepening of the voice     Growth of facial and body hair     Male-pattern baldness (in some individuals)     Enlargement of the clitoris     Growth spurt and closure of growth plates if given before the end of puberty     Breast atrophy – possible shrinking and/or softening of breasts   Hope that helps!
    • Cyndee
      That's really good news to read Susan, and may the improvements continue with your sister Lisa, enjoy the rest of your trip and safe travels home   It's pouring rain here today (so welcomed), think i'll grab another cuppa,   Hugs   Cyndi
    • Susan R
      Thought I’d pop in to say hi to you all. I miss being on here much this week. I’m still down in Boise visiting my sister Lisa who had severe lung damage earlier this year from that dreaded Covid. She just got a call from her doctor yesterday and got her test results back. They said she is actually improving and her oxygen levels are increasing so much she can now be removed from oxygen when she is not walking. Her breathing also sounds so improved from when I last talked to her on the phone a month or so ago.   My wife and I are enjoying our visit with them very much..it feels like old times. Even though I’ve been sleeping well here, I’ll be home next week and the thought of sleeping in my own bed sounds so nice!   Take care all, Susan R🌷
    • RhondaS
      Used so many tissues today reading Love Lives Here today. Brought the whole box out onto the porch. 
  • Upcoming Events