• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Beginning my transition journey

Harrietta

Hi everyone,

I'm having a really difficult time with my decision to transition (MTF). It's the social implications of being different, and the fear of losing friends, and some family members care and support. So far I have only told my aunty. I know my dad won't approve, and my mum is going to take it pretty badly, I imagine. I'm seeking counselling atm, and imagine I'll be in stage 2 in due time. 

I have gay friends, but haven't found much support from many of them on this issue I'm facing. I feel like I'm a bit lost, and need to connect with others who are transgender. I'm hoping to connect with members here who're able to relate to my situation. 

• Forum Moderator

Hi Harrietta,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

It is scary. You not alone anymore now. We are here! Join in the conversation.

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf ??

Hi Timber Wolf,

Thankyou, I'm happy I've made it this far - as I was doubting myself and my decision to go through the transition process. 

I'm so glad to have found some support! 

Sending my love, and hugging you back,

? Harrietta

• Forum Moderator

Hello Harrietta,  Welcome.  The social implications are difficult at first, its no lie.  But once you get comfortable in your own "skin" it gets easier.  You will find friends that support and care for you.  Hopefully you should be able to find others in Melbourne.  Unfortunately there are gay people that don't understand as this is a foreign concept to them too, as it is for cis people.  Parents are a totally different issue as we have a unique relationship and attachment to them.  But you have to live your life and if need be keep them at arm's length in order to protect yourself.  

Please join in the talk.  

Jani

Hi Jani,

Thank you for your welcoming. I visited the doctor today, and have another appointment tomorrow. It's for the counseling process(es). There may be more than two counselors involved because of my mental health issues. On the way to the doctors I came out to a female friend of mine who I thought wouldn't care to learn about my struggle. I was wrong. She offered her love and support as though nothing had changed. I am relieved to know she's there for me, and was delighted when she told me she would help me makeup, and my appearance options, although we live a long way from one another, so this isn't possible at the moment. My parents can be narcissistic in some extreme ways, and I'm prepared to distance myself from them, as I have done in the past, however I'd rather have them in my life in a meaningful way - at least my mother.

See you in the forums, Jani

Harrietta.  

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Harrietta.  I hope things work out for  you as far as far as finding a therapist.   Please feel free to ask any questions.  We'll be glad to help.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Hi Carolyn Marie,

Thanks for the welcoming, HUGS back at ya! I've been using google for simple questions but I'll ask in the forums for sure on issues etc. 

Harrietta.

Hi everyone, 

I've come to a sort of realisation that I'm not genderqueer at all. I had some time with a friend of mine who heard me out on my issues with becoming a woman, and discovered through my own reasoning, that I only wish I were born female, and that becoming one at this time in my life isn't for me.

Although this issue is disheartening it also gives me some confidence in being myself. I don't dislike being male which I feel some level of dysphoria over when I think of what being a woman would have to offer, and all the while I'm most attracted to women - in fact my sexual activities with my male counterparts are usually driven by my desire to make them happy. TMI, lol.

I know I'm bi-romantic but this doesn't include sexual attraction, although in a way, I think it is to some extent. All these issues can be really confusing, and difficult to navigate for anyone who isn't able to label them (ie, doesn't have the vocabulary to put them into context), and so I'm more than happy to stick around and be a part of the community as an ally, if that's suitable. 

All the best to one and all,

Harrietta

Hi Harrietta,

Just find what makes you happy and do that at all costs. Authenticity starts with a period of questioning and self discovery. Wherever this leads for you, at the end of the day, have no regrets.

Best wishes,

Beverly 

Thanks Beverly,

I'm not feeling disconnected with my authentic self (great advice, btw) I'm more feeling as though I'm unable to be completely myself. I feel sad that I'm not a woman, but also feel I couldn't really become one either, at least not to the extent I'd want to be. I need counselling, but can't get in to see them for another month. 

Feeling stiffled,

Harrietta

• Forum Moderator
On 3/28/2019 at 10:21 PM, Harrietta said:

I need counselling, but can't get in to see them for another month. 

I know it seems like a long time but it will pass quickly.  Use the time to read and consider your future and what possibilities you might entertain going forward.  

Hugs, Jani

Hi Jani, 

I managed to get in to see a private counselor yesterday, and I'm seeing him again next week. He's pretty good, and comes recommended by family who I'm living with. He wants me to weigh the pros and cons up during our week in leiu. I know he wants me to come to this sort of conclusion about whether transitioning is right for me, however I'm not sure whether a pros and cons list is really the sort of summary that's going to be useful, especially where emotions are involved, I'm not sure whether they're all similarly quantifiable in such an assessment. Thanks for your encouragement Jani,

Harrietta

• Forum Moderator

Harrietta you might not come to a determination in a week.  The idea of talking to a therapist (IMO) is to engage in a conversation where questions are asked and through thoughtful discussion you arrive at a conclusion.  If you are someone who is questioning your gender, you will need to decide how "far you need to go" to satisfy the dysphoria.  For some it mean complete transition, and for others its dressing and maybe changing some mannerisms.  Once you get over the fear of change you will find this to be an easier decision.  Fear is a powerful motivator (or anti-motivator).  

I don't believe there is a "list" that you could access to review and check off items to arrive at a conclusion.  As you note when emotions are involved there are not any quantifiable data points.  This is a highly personal choice about your life. You just need to be honest and consider what you need to be happy.  But remember every path will have stones to trip over.  

Hugs, Jani

Thanks Jani,

Yes, I have some dysphoria and don't know how to deal with them. Also, I haven't made much progress with my pros and cons. Last night I got dressed up and tried out some nail polish with my then bf  -  we had a bit of a dispute this morning so we're 'taking a break,' something I wanted because of the way he spoke to me. It was a bit of a relief tbh, because I was finding that I was dysphoria about being with him. Lol. 

Thanks for confirming with me on the emotional side of this issue, and I'll keep you all posted on any progress I make. ie, at the moment, I'm thinking transitioning isn't right for me, as I'm not into guys as much as girls. A con I came to recognize is the way I might struggle to find other gay women, or basically not being passable enough to be with the good-looking girls I come across in my daily adventures.

I think things would be different, after the transition. Any thoughts?

Hugs, Harrietta

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Harrietta said:

as I'm not into guys as much as girls.

Just remember transitioning is about gender, not sexuality.  That is who you identify as, rather than who you love.  These are two differing concepts. 

If you are looking at building a future only with "good looking girls" you are not being honest about life.  We are all beautiful in our own ways.  Beauty is much more than skin deep so you need to try to be the best you can, and focus on finding a compatible mate (a complete person).  Now is not the time to worry about not being passable.  Changes happen that may surprise you.  

Jani 

Thank you Jani,

I'm also afraid of how my mother will take the news. I don't want to disappoint her either.

Best wishes,

Harrietta

• Forum Moderator

Unfortunately this may happen as I am sure she has her notions of who you are and what you represent to her.   But if she loves you she will come to understand.  My mother was accepting of me yet nervous about my safety.  In the interim she's seen I do all right.  My dad struggles but thats to be understood at his age.  I go with the flow with him while maintaining my personality and persona.  All seems to be well.  You can do well too.

Peace, Jani 

I kinda like you, somewhere in the middle.

Welcome.  Glad to have you here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Harrietta, welcome glad to see your fro. Melbourne, too. I am struggling with ups and downs like yourself. 

Happy to chat and share if that would help. 

Makayla. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 154 Guests (See full list)

• AllieJ
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Vidanjali
    • MaeBe
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Quillian
    Newest Member
    Quillian

1. l.demiurge
      l.demiurge
    • VickySGV
      You have given you and us a big clue right there.  I hope you have shared this observation with your Endocrinologist and are willing to take their advice about changing that behavior.    Non prescribed herbal or animal supplements can have a negative effect on your body's use of your available hormones.  Also, your genetics are going to be controlling what your body is going to do with your hormones, and again, that is for you to consult with your Endocrinologists.  On this site none of us are licensed medical personnel and we cannot give you advice on your health more than what your doctor can.  We have rules that we enforce against our members advising about "Folk Remedies" because we have had members who have gone that route and badly damaged their health and quality of life.  Only thing I can go anywhere on, is that maybe if you change your expectations of what should happen, you will at least not be in danger of harming yourself from anxiety.
    • Timi
      Hi @violet r!    Thank you so much for sharing. I'm so glad you found this place. I hope you find as much comfort and support here as I have.    -Timi    
    • marysssia
      Hi lovely people,   I'm a 25 yo MtF woman, and I've been suffering from low estrogen issues since October 2023. I completely lost my feminine libido, my breast completely stopped growing, my estrogen levels dropped by a lot (despite NOT decreasing my E dosage) and thus my dysphoria drastically increased. I think it is worth mentioning that, for my health issues, I had been taking ----- Lamotrigine for months & had been on ketogenic diet, and these things seem to be a culprit of my current issue. I weaned off Lamotrigine some time ago and gave up on keto diet, but it still doesn't seem to help. My estrogen is still low (44 ng/ml) and my libido hasn't come back yet. In general, I struggle with my dysphoria so much because of that and, to be honest, I don't know what to do. I've tried so many dietary supplements, yet I didn't get any effects from them. My endocrinologist didn't know how to help me. She only suggested to increase my daily estrogen dose (to 3x per day ------sublingual estrogen tablets and 3x per day ------ estrogen gel applied to armpits or thighs), which I did, without any effect.   Please, help me. Prior to keto diet & Lamotrigine treatment, I'd never had experience like that. I'm basically helpless and have no clue what to do. Having to deal with low estrogen is a horrible experience to me and it affects my life severely.   BTW, my T levels are always within female range.   Do you have any clue what exactly I should do?
    • April Marie
      I love wearing a jeans skirt!! That looks like airport carpet. Safe travels if you're flying!!
    • Maddee
      Flight faraway forthcoming Fabulous forum friends 😊😊🎸🦂
    • Maddee
    • KathyLauren
      One of our cats is polydactyl.  He has 7 toes on each front paw and 5 on each back paw, for 24 toes total.   Another one, an ex-feral who, at the time, was free to roam, climbed 50 feet up a tree without having any thought about how he was going to get down.  His pal climed down backwards, but he couldn't.  He ended up coming down by leaping from branch to branch.  Which nearly gave us heart attacks, because he only has one eye and therefore has no depth perception.   The other ex-feral (both are now indoor cats) obviously does not have those soft pads on his feet.  At night, when we are in bed, we can hear him stomping around the house.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      The two o'clock Onshoring meeting was going well.  Taylor was leading, inviting other people up to speak on their specialties. Aerial photogrammetry and surveying, including the exact boundary, were out for contract signature  Gibson had handled that - Manufacturing was supposed to, but somehow hadn't happened.  Legal issues from Legal. Accounting reported on current costs, including all upkeep, guard salaries, etc.  Manufacturing was supposed to give those numbers, but they hadn't.   The downside was the VP of Manufacturing.  He had arrived at the meeting red-faced, his tie askew, clutching a bottle. It smelled strongly of vodka. He had never done anything in his twenty years of being VP of Manufacturing, and he did not like being asked now.   "Mr. ----, do you have the inventory we asked for?" Taylor asked politely.  VP Gibson had asked him to have his people go through the plant and not only inventory but assess the operational status of every piece of equipment.  They needed to know what they had. "I'm not going to take any f---- orders from a g-d- tra---," he snarled. "God knows what kind of perverts it has dragged into our fair city and bangs every night." "That is completely out of line." That was Gibson.  Taylor controlled herself.  That was a shot at Bob, not just at Taylor.  She was glad Bob was not there to do something stupid.  Had Mrs. McCarthy been talking? What had she said?  Was she given to embellishment?  Taylor took a deep breath. "I'm not sorry.  You f--- can take this stupid onshoring --- and shove it up your -" "That is quite enough."  This was the head of HR. "You can take your sissy ways and sashay -" "You are fired." "You can't fire me." "Oh, yes I can," said the office manager.  The VP took another swig from his bottle. "Try it."  He looked uncertain. "I will have you removed.  Are you going to leave on your own?  I am calling the police to help you leave." And he dialed the number. He stomped out cursing. They heard him noisily go down the hall.  This was the front conference room.  He actually went through security and out the door, throwing his badge on the ground on his way.  The guard picked it up. They could see this through the glass wall. "Can you fire a VP?" "The Board told me that if anyone gives me problems they should be shown the door. Even a VP.  I can fire everyone here. I won't, of course. Those were problems." "Are you alright, Taylor?" She nodded.  "I've heard worse.  Shall we continue?" And they did.   The last item was that certain business people in China had been arrested, and the corporation that had been supporting them all these years had been dissolved.  They were on their own, and the Board was dead serious on straightening things out.  After this meeting, Taylor believed it.  She did not attend the meeting to discuss how to distribute the few duties the VP of Manufacturing had done.  That was ultimately up to the Board.    
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Lunch was at Cabaret, still free.  The place was quiet: it was the sort of place you took a business client to impress them, and the few other people were in business suits.  Most of the legal profession was there.   She told him of the morning's frustrations, breaking her own rule about confidentiality.  She asked Karen how the branding was going, and Karen had snapped back that she had not started on it yet - they had all these proposals.  Taylor had explained that it was important, for the two o'clock meeting, and Karen told her to do it herself.  Karen pointed out that Taylor could not touch her - her uncle was on the Board and her brother was VP of Manufacturing.  Nor would the two computer guys go out to the plant - they were playing some kind of MMORPG and simply not available. If she wanted the pictures, she should go.  Mary prayed an Ave Maria, but both she and Brenda were racing to get the proposal out. The client wanted it Friday for review.   She didn't bring up what Mrs. McCarthy had told her.  She wasn't sure how to approach it.  She thought of telling her of a 'something more comfortable' she had bought in case he ever DID show up at her door. It was in the bottom drawer of her dresser, ready to go.  Instead she talked about moving to a place with a garage.  Several of the abandoned houses had one, and they had been maintained well with China cash.   Bob had finally realized that when he was introduced as Bob, Taylor's boyfriend, that was just how things were done here. Other people had introduced each other in terms of family relationships, which were strong.  Long before you found out anything else about someone, you knew how they were related.  Family kept people from leaving Millville.    "What is the real name of this town, anyway?"   She laughed.  "I am trying to find that out.  It's 'Welcome to Millvale' when you come into town from the north, and 'Welcome to Millville' on the south.  I have counted two other variants."   "What a town. Roosevelt is like that, with the families, but there is only one spelling."  
    • Ashley0616
      Nothing wrong with that. I'm glad that you found what makes you happy! Just curious what does your wife think? If it's too personal I understand.
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      – According to a recent survey, the most popular name for a dog is Max. Other popular names include Molly, Sam, Zach, and Maggie.
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      Either new environment/ not potty trained
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Bob was on his way home from the dojo and he "just happened" to driver by her place. It was 10:30.  Her light was still on.  He knew exactly where she was sitting.  He saw her in his mind.   A fierce wave of desire that took his breath away suddenly showed up. All he had to do was stop, get out of the car, walk to the door and knock.  She would answer, glad to see him.  She would know why he was there and what he wanted. She would invite him in, maybe get him something to drink, disappear for a moment and return in "something more comfortable."  She would lead him back. Oh, joy.   And never, ever speak to him again afterwards.  Or she would not let him in but be angry about it.  In no way, emotionally, physically, mentally or spiritually, was she ready for this, and he knew it, if he was honest with himself, and she knew he knew it.  She would look upon it as another assault and their relationship would be irretrievably broken.  He would have to leave town. It would devastate her. It would devastate him.    He fought himself.  He was frozen to his seat as his reason and his body fought. He was twenty four years old, a full-blooded male with normal desires; he had just worked out and he was ready.  All he had to do now was open the car door. No one would know. He held his hands, one in the other, to keep one from moving, against his reason and will, to open that door.  He did not want to be a slave of his desires.   He looked across the street.  Mrs. McCarthy, sister of his landlord, was peeking though her window.  She knew his car.  Everyone in town would know by noon the next day if he got out of the car.  Taylor did not need that, either, and she would know, if he came to the door now, what a selfish thing it would be: in his own eyes, in the eyes of Taylor, in the eyes of the town, and worst of all, in the eyes of God.   He sat there a moment longer.  He was, as he reflected, entering into her sufferings in a small way that she would be made whole, healthy and happy: what he wanted more than anything.  But this hurt.  Why had all this come on her?  He asked God again, but there was only silence. He drove home in that silence. He chided himself for even going on her street and for driving on it other nights.  He would stop that, he told himself.   ------------------------------------------   The next morning Taylor went out to her car to go to work.  Mrs. McCarthy met her before she got to it. "I thought you were going to get lucky last night, dearie," she said. Taylor was puzzled. "Why, what do you mean?" "That young fellow - you know, Bob - he's been driving around here, going up and down the street some nights, not stopping.  Well, last night he parked and sat in his car for a while.   I think he was staring at your window.  I think he was trying to get up the courage to knock on the door. I was rooting for him.   But then he drove away.  Faint heart never won fair lady, as they say. What a shame. You two are a lovely couple.  Well, have a good day!" "Thank you, Mrs. McCarthy."  Taylor knew Bob extremely well and knew what had been going through his mind.  She was more than grateful he had not gotten out of the car. Better for him, better for her, better for everybody.  Surgery "down there" sooner than later.  This was driving the poor boy crazy. It was driving her crazy, too.  But she had a lot to work through. Surgery "up here" she said, pointing to her head.  She woke up her therapist on the way to work.  They were still talking when she pulled into her designated parking spot.  That was a perk that had happened yesterday.  She took a deep breath and headed into work. It would be another wild day.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.