• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How does it work?

JadeSummers24

JadeSummers24

Hey everyone. I'm just wondering how the weight changes when you go from Male to female ? I'm in the process of therapy before I start the HRT tablets and I wanted to get peoples views on how the tablets affected them and their weight.

Thanks everyone ^.^

there's 2 phenomena at play here. First your metabolism slow down so it's easier to take weight, especially if you don't adjust the quantity you eat. The second one is that muscle mass will reduce. If you alimentation is top notch and you are active you can lose weight. I you live a sedentary lifestyle you can gain weight easily. It's a critical time for our health IMO (the first 3 ou 4 years depending).

Yeah that’s definitely the case. Men eat more than women in general. So if you don’t adjust your eating habits, you’re eating way too much more than likely. I eat a lot less now and exercise every day just to maintain my weight. Your body is gonna try as hard as it can to gain weight. If you’re starting out overweight and don’t want to be I’d think about losing it before you start hrt. Cause that T makes it so much easier to lose the pounds.  Not that you can’t lose (I am down 20 since January but I’m working my buns off to do it) but it’ll be easier as a guy. 

I have to agree that once you start HRT.  It is tough to lose weight. I have changed my eating to where I eat less and I eat healthier as well.  I exercise as well every day and even started Ballet and my weight is hard to come off.  Women do tend to have more fat on them than muscle cause of breast, hips, butt.  That's part of why women have a harder time losing weight.  If you want to lose weight, start now before the hormones.

7 hours ago, MaryMary said:

there's 2 phenomena at play here. First your metabolism slow down so it's easier to take weight, especially if you don't adjust the quantity you eat. The second one is that muscle mass will reduce. If you alimentation is top notch and you are active you can lose weight. I you live a sedentary lifestyle you can gain weight easily. It's a critical time for our health IMO (the first 3 ou 4 years depending).

great to know..Its also yr age. I am 55 just 4months in scared that will gain a bunch of weight. I try to hit the gym every day, how long did it take you to start noticing the gain if any

Hello Alex.  Everyone is different, but I can say for myself that I noticed at the 6 month  mark is when I started to put weight on and that is when I was told as well that people can see my fat also redistribute

4 hours ago, Amy LeBlanc said:

Hello Alex.  Everyone is different, but I can say for myself that I noticed at the 6 month  mark is when I started to put weight on and that is when I was told as well that people can see my fat also redistribute

Oh K I will need to start a low carb diet..Thank you...so much..Be beautiful, Be proud and stay strong

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 82 Guests (See full list)

• Confused1
    • Anastas
    • Shay
    • ElizabethStar
    • Charlize
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

invision
    Newest Member
    invision

1. David.S.C
      David.S.C
    2. Natasa
      Natasa
    3. RosieKohn
      RosieKohn
      (58 years old)
    • Charlize
      For years i hid and could only be myself out of town.  I was driven by a fear and shame which i am sure many feel. Coming out to my family as well as a surprisingly rural town in NJ where i have lived much of my life seemed impossible.  I used the excuse that i would hurt others and lied instead.  After finding this site, going to a gender therapist and saying a lot of foxhole prayers i took the step.  Each day, seemingly forever, i saw another person whose mouth dropped but who amazingly accepted me.  With family there were tears but time has certainly healed any hurt they (and i) felt.  I no longer lie.  For the first time in my life i have nothing to hide.  That alone has made the effort worth doing but i have the added benefit of seeing myself in the mirror, loving that person and finally finding peace.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Shay
      @Willow sounds like the most effective way to handle the scenario you were in and let it flow organically.
    • Shay
      @ElizabethStar I think you had a marvelous and rewarding week. I am glad for you... You deserve it.
    • ElizabethStar
      Morning @Willow,   Missed you while you gone. I'm happy to hear things went good. Sometimes reasonably well is the best we can hope for.   I stared using my preferred name at work last week. It's nice to finally see, hear and use it.  I also outed myself and changed my name on facebook. So far it's been well received.    
    • ElizabethStar
      I've always been into the darker things in life. The "goth" lifestyle if you will. Always wearing black, and mean everything: clothes, shoes, jewelry, nail polish, even my underclothes were black. I used it to my advantage; started mixing in an occasional piece of woman's clothing here and there. Honestly I don't think anyone noticed. All they saw was a solid black outfit. I mis-directed their attention.   I did try to always have an out if things were looking questionable. When I first started buying clothes I tried to find things that were more androgynous. That way if something was said I cloud still say I bought it in the men's department. Although I did make an effort to find the most femme men's clothing I could.  I grew my hair out and would have it in a high pony tail. When someone said something I would go into an explanation about how having a low ponytail was really uncomfortable when driving.   I played this game for about 2 years before I got tired of it and started living full time. I knew there would be comments and people would stare but I was starting to see the light. I was happy with myself and started to not care what others thought.    
    • Willow
      Hi ladies,   i have stayed away for about three weeks.  I don’t plan on going back to read all your wonderful posts.  I’ll just restart here.   My wife and I  went to our daughters house for a few days.  While there my son and his wife came to visit too.  That made it even more special.  Since we were all going our separate ways on Friday, the kids decided to talk to me about my being transgender.  Since my relationship with my wife is rather precarious I don’t force things on her like they did.  I didn’t  mind talking to them but to do so at the expense of their mother was difficult at best.  Our daughter in law wound up leading the questions. It went reasonably well.    Willow
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi Victoria, Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!   Lots of love and a big welcome hug, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Jackie C.
      You're not wrong. Peers that know what you're going through are very helpful. I can't help feeling that your sons are in good hands though.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Luck! May it be everything you dreamed of!   Once the bandages come off anyway, the first week is a little rough. 😘   Hugs!
    • Victoria94
      Im trying to take one day at a time. But like I said, I have a lot of connections all around up here north because work takes me to other places and our law given breaks usally ends up on a truck stop along side of each others. So the big scare is changing the reality when so many have gotten in touch with who I am at this point. I try to tell myself that my personality and morale is still the same no mather how I look on the outside and that it these thing people like about me. Still uncertain roads to take are always scary.   Thanks everyone for such warm welcome Victoria❤
    • Berni
      Thankyou again everyone for your kind words. I am very happy with how it looks so far ... though I can't wait to see what it looks like with the stitches and tape removed.   It's a bit scarey ... despite having been on HRT for the past 5 months ... I feel like I've really nailed my colors to the mast now.   Im trans ... and I'm taking no prisoners!
    • Berni
      Every time I read something like this I just imagine how unhappy she must be. I can see no other reason for the persecution she is undertaking. It's not like she needs the money, or the fame ... it's just pure hate.   And hate usually comes from a deep unhappiness iinside one's self.    So, my plan is to just be happy. I am a transissioning transgender woman and I am happier than that spiteful petty woman.   She can keep her money. It obviously hasn't brought her happiness.
    • RhondaS
      Yes, FaceApp was pretty much what set me over the edge from 'thought CDing would be the answer til the end' to 'must transition NOW'.    Seeing 'myself' 'outside' did it. And seeing 'myself' in everyday mode as opposed to a made up for cocktail hour mode.   I use it now with the eraser function to see how the hair I'm growing out looks if my face was more feminine, do the gender swap and erase the hair it adds. 
    • Robin.C
      Oh wow, that looks awesome Berni ❤️   Hugs Robin    
    • Berni
      Thanks @DeeDee. That's exactly the advice my wife has been giving me ... its nobody's business. Pretty sure I'll wear a scarf ... the stitches and tape are pretty ugly.
  • Upcoming Events