• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Leonardo

Trauma, surgery and dysphoria

Leonardo

Hi guys, I'm 17 yo and have been living confortably with my identity since I came out to my friends and mother (even though she rejects me), but I'm finally planning on living with my older brother (who I'm still not prepared to come out yet, but has showed signals that he already knows and supports me) and start working as a comic artist next year. Which means I'm starting to think about taking part in contests, winning the most I can and saving money for my chest surgery (which is the most urgent, since it has grown quite a bit these past years and have been a real problem for me to pass normally), at least until I can try a japanese government scholarship. 

I really want to do it before going to college, since I don't know how things will be for me as a trans person in a scholarship of a kinda strict country such as Japan. But, now that I realized how close it is, I'm starting to feel scared.

My father used to abuse physically of my mother when I was really tiny, and I watched everything, until he stopped (even though I don't remember a thing). I think that's the reason why I was always hugely scared of getting hurt, violence, fights, arguements, etc. I really hate pain and fights. I'm starting to get over it, letting myself feel pain more frequently without thinking of it as death, but it's still really hard for me. 

Anyways, I realized that I think the most about how it'll hurt. I wanted to ask to my therapist about it, but he doesn't listen to me properly and will probably say non sense stuff, as always. And I really don't want to argue with him again. 

I'm also really worried that I might regret it later. My mother is always saying about how I will regret everything. And I'm not a really secure person, I rarely trust my own judgement. So, it's not rare to fear that I'll regret a decision. I'm also trying to imagine how it'll be once I get the chest surgery, if I could feel comfortable even during sex, but it's been difficult even to imagine it. I had lots of awful experiences as a transgender and I think it might influence that. Plus, I already tried imagining myself as a girl, being treated as a "she", but it really freaks me out. I really hate it.

I think I might just not be prepared, but I don't know, as I said, I don't trust my own judgement. I'm scared in the end my mother was right and I'm not really trans. Or that I will regret everything. Idk. Thanks for reading.

VickySGV

Welcome to the Forums Leonardo,  I hope you will not regret joining here in the long run

Jani

Hello Leonardo.  Thank you for sharing your story with us.  Best of luck with your family.  Please join in the talk here. 

Jani

Leonardo

Thank you, but... I still need help

EliAtkins

Unfortunately, no one can tell you how you should or shouldn't identify yourself.  It's the same with whether or not you will regret things.  You're going to regret decisions you made, things you did and things you didn't do.  It's just part of life.  Sometimes, it can help to look at the decision by considering which option you'll regret less, if you do at all.  Regrets are funny things and there really isn't a way to predict things.  One day you'll look back and either regret something or not.

Although, you say you need help, but you didn't really ask for anything specific in your initial post.  You seem to have a plan for what you're going to do over next several months or years.  Could you be more specific about what sort of guidance you're searching for?

reyindium

Well you don't sound like you like you're therapist very much. If he says "nonsense" and you feel as though he doesn't listen to you, maybe start with changing him. Transfer to someone else you connect with better. Your childhood stuff needs worked through as well as your gender identity. I'm sorry you and your mother experienced that abuse. As for the regrets @EliAtkins

made excellent points about how life is always going to have those in some way...and you can't always predict them.

You say you're uncomfortable being treated as a girl. Have you experimented with how it be to be treated as a guy? Speaking like "Boku wa Leonardo desu" or asking friends to address you by a different honorific like Leonardo_kun...? Perhaps you're too old for the verbage I'm suggesting. I don't speak Japanese so I'm throwing out ideas from what I believe have masculine connotations?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • Jackie C.
    • Willa
    • MaryMary
    • KathyLauren
    • ShawnaLeigh
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Calvin 😝
    Newest Member
    Calvin 😝

No users celebrating today
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi Piper, Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!   We are a friendly bunch. We won't bite, I promise.🥰   Lots of love and a big welcome hug, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I fully agree.  To a point.  I say this from what Vicky had pointed out that “passing” is mostly a mental aspect and if your physical self does not match the mental image then your always going to be trying.  Another wise thing I have read previously from Vicky as well is we are always going to be our own worst critics.  Couple those two mental components it’s a very small margin we give ourselves to “pass” in.   However I am a goal oriented person and always live life on a check list.  While this helps me organize and complete things I have had to learn I can not view my transition as a check list.  I’m not a patient person either so my struggles to say it takes time does not make me feel any better. I had to change that.   In other words I set far lower expectations of my appearance.  Yes I struggle with this.  I have my demons and dysphoric times where I do not “see it” but that takes time too.   At first I doubted I’d ever look feminine enough at all and now I feel like a beautiful women in my person my heart and on the outside too.    That is all a mental process.   I have always had a “not cared what others think” type of personality so this transfers nicely for me on what others may see.   Again to quote Vicky.  Most people will not even see you no less judge your gender.  Face to face interaction included.   It boils down to confidence.   And great hair and make up.  Lol  
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Well I have a T check this Monday so we will see.  Though I do not think I’m physically incapable but it’s more a mental component of I don’t care about it and it’s not a priority in my daily thinking.  Certainly not as it was when I was living fully male.   Which again makes me very happy.  My issue also is I’m not in a relationship where sex can even happen nor does anyone want me in the regard.  That plays a big roll too.  
    • TammyAnne
      Amanda I'm sorry to read of your disappointment and sorry that youve had to be rescheduled. Perhaps it's just as well if that hospital isn't going to be welcoming, you certainly wouldn't want to spend any time there. Or perhaps it's a technical issue, who knows? At any rate, you'll get there! 《《《 hug 》》》 TA
    • TammyAnne
      Hello and welcome Piper! You needn't feel shy. I lurked for more than a month just reading before signing in at the encouragement of my gender therapist! Lots of good information and friendly folks here. TA
    • Belle
      You probably want to make sure your T is high enough. T blockers may not even be necessary, and can apparently even be harmful and prevent future breast growth if your levels get too low. This is according to a few sources including my doctor.   From what I understand the "O" just takes practice. I'm sure you will learn if you try. They are not the same as before. I have had different types even before discovering who I was.   Belle ❤
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I’m not trying overly hard to speak differently as my voice therapist has my baseline voice at gender neutral.  I do feel I emit a more feminine voice and somewhat softer then before. I was told by my VT that I sound somewhat shy with being extremely confident in action.   But I do have lots of work still in that.  
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I appreciate the nice comments. I do feel confident in my female look now since I have finally seen that women from the inside come forth and I even show pride in myself.  I’ve always have been an overly confident person though so this is not new to me.  Lol  
    • Belle
      🤣 At least you will always remember it!   You've started the ball rolling now. Have fun being yourself in public. You know there's no going back now right?! 😋 It feels too wonderful.   And it is totally awesome that you are passing in public already! Are you using your female voice?   One thing I love about going out as myself is that even though I know I don't pass, most people treat me well, especially women. That affirmation is euphoric all on its own.   Belle ❤
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I ve always known that on some level but never thought I’d have to relay on my brain so much for this.  Lol My lady meds have shut down the works down there.  I’m both happy and sad.   I don’t know if I will ever have an “O” again. 
    • Belle
      That's super frustrating! I'm so sorry you're having to go through that I hope that is not a trend for hospitals!   I hope your trip to Houston was still fun in some ways.   Belle ❤
    • Belle
      Interesting... LOL I never thought of it in the past tense. For those who aren't following, here is the difference (I think this is what Alex means):   Present Tense - to pass a test. This occurs every time someone looks at you or interacts wirh you. Past Tense - to pass a threshold, such as a finish line. This happens once.   Is that how you were thinking of it Alex?
    • Robin68
      I certainly believe it does for me and of course, what's right for me may not work for you. I might be reaching for something you don't want, at least not as a total transformation.   I am feeling my way along this path so I am not ready for GRS yet, and I may never be. But I think I am interested and ready for HRT and am looking into BBL right now also. This is my journey and it may not match yours exactly. 😊
    • J.Ryan
      Smell good. Look good. Feel good.  Just finished working out, and got cleaned up. Here's hoping I can stick to a routine. 
    • Susan R
      Very interesting.  Have you by chance seen a physician to ask what might be causing this?  Unexpected bleeding like this could be serious medical condition.  If you haven’t done so already, I would highly encourage you to have it checked out.   My Best, Susan R🌷
  • Upcoming Events