• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Is anyone else peening a lot on HRT

I started HRT and Meds 4month and now I am peening like 10 times a day..is that normal. I ask my doc and he seen shock...I done soon research and its mention it as a side effect, but I find me self running to ladies or bathroom like once every hr... 

• Admin

If you are on Spironolactone (Spiro /Aldactone) the answer is yes, this is a direct effect since Spiro is a diuretic that is used to treat high blood pressure by removing water from the body and blood stream.  HRT effects of it are side effects that can be a problem for non trans people. If you are not on Spiro, then go see the doctor to find out if you have a urinary tract infection or kidney infection.  I am puzzled that you say the doctor seemed highly surprised if you are on the drug, but also worried that they did not tell you to come in for tests if they were surprised.  Either way, get in touch again and clear the issue up.   

ty Vicky for the explain it to. I am on Spiro. But like I said, I am literally the first trans patient he has every had. But he is cover bye Medicare and I have to co payment...have a good night

i am completely the same but i sem to pee more during the night rather than the day time lol

I am the same way.  But I am also drinking like 20 bottles of water daily to help keep my one kidney hydrated since spiro is a diruetic.  I am super happy that since my T is low, that we have lowered my Spiro and my doctor is trying to wing me off of spiro with the fact that I have one kidney and making sure to keep that healthy 

• Forum Moderator

You must drink water to keep your body happy, but soon enough you'll become use to the amount and your schedule will get back to more normal.  

I'm peeing like once every 2.5 to 3 hours 24/7.

Spiro and finasteride both are diuretic. I just did my blood work today. First since December. Going to be interesting... Hopefully I'm leveling off...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Spiro hasn’t caused me to pee any more than usual. I guess I’m lucky? I am on a “low dosage,” so that might play into it. I hope that I am scheduled sooner than later for my orchiectomy, so I can get off of spiro. Best of luck!