• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
Lorry

Been practicing with make up to cover stubble/feminize my face

Lorry

My wife has been helping me with my make up for the past couple weeks and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I still feel like my jaw looks really pronounced but I can deal with that. I am wearing a terrible wig in the photo. My wife thinks Im not passable yet (but she also says she is still adjusting to this stuff). I think I'm close to passing. But I would like outside opinions and tips if anyone feels like sharing. 

FaceApp_1554195106835~2.jpg

tracy_j

I think that people we know will see through makeup and see our underlying features so it may take time for your wife to see you as anything different, even when being objective. My opinion is that, taken in isolation, you do have androgyne features so could be taken as either male or female. Really it is other clues which assist or work against things. If you were smiling you would probably look more feminine. The clothes you wear and you mannerisms would have a large effect. I like the wig. You remind me of a girl I knew at school. She had similar hair. It's good your wife is helping.

Tracy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)

• Jackie C.
    • J.Ryan
    • SaraAW
    • ShawnaLeigh
    • KathyLauren
    • MetaLicious
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Calvin 😝
    Newest Member
    Calvin 😝

No users celebrating today
    • SaraAW
      Great way to look at it Kathy! I too passed moderately as a man. 
    • SaraAW
      I’m only a little more than a month on meds, but wow has it helped me mentally. Similar to Jackie, I’d been a mess mentally for awhile, even having attended therapy for months. Within a week of starting, it was like a godly of self loathing and despair lifted. I’m also noticing some more range in emotions, subtle so far, but I’m loving it. Any doubts I had regarding whether hrt was for me are completely gone now. I can’t wait to see how things progress mentally and physically, although I know it’s a slow road, so I’ll have to. Thanks for sharing. Hugs!
    • KathyLauren
      I dislike the word "passing" because, to me, it implies role-playing, or pretending to be something one is not.    However, @Belle, I agree totally with your reasons:   Those are the same reason that I try to have a good female presentation.  And yet, despite #2, it doesn't matter to me if someone guesses or knows that I am trans, as long as they treat me as a woman, they don't voice any cognitive dissonance, and I like what I see in the mirror.   I passed moderately well when I was presenting as a man.  I don't need to pass as a woman, because I am one.   Regards, Kathy
    • SaraAW
      Shawna, so exciting!  Sounds like a great time out, with that one awkward experience. So happy for you. Hugs!
    • SaraAW
      I’m wondering, could this be a placebo/nocebo effect?  The mind is pretty powerful and can actually cause physical manifestations of symptoms in all sorts of ways. Not sure I’ve read any literature around bleeding, but I haven’t done a lot of research in this area.    In would definitely recommend to keep an eye on it, maybe keep a diary, recording the dates, times, activities and other things occurring around the bleeding episodes. It may help you and your doc to figure out what is causing it.    Hugs!
    • Jani
      By now you should be healed enough to be able to apply a lotion (like A&D Ointment) to the area where the pad chafes.  It doesn't take much to make a difference.  
    • SaraAW
      Not really sure where I stand on this at the moment. I’m still closeted, so not trying at all to present any way other than cis male normative.   What I really just want is to be able to just be and be treated as a human with respect and dignity, regardless of how I look or present. Then maybe I’d feel safe and comfortable enough to present how I want to in the moment.    Hugs!
    • SaraAW
      Congratulations!
    • Jani
      Hello Piper!   A Charlize wrote, this is a journey, and a long one with time to make adjustments along the way.  Focus on the future and enjoy the ride.  Its amazing and time changes everything.   Please join in the conversation.   Jani
    • Charlize
      Welcome Piper. This thing called transition is a journey.  It takes time but i'm glad to be on this road. Being here has helped me immensely. Remember to breath deep and enjoy yourself.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Cyndee
      Catholic affiliated hospital by chance ?
    • Suzanne1
      Did the physician state why the hospital no longer allows that sort of surgery to be performed?  Just curious---I can think of a few possible, "reasonable-reasons" for discontinuing such procedures.
    • Charlize
      I'm a past smoker and grateful it's "past".  Somehow smoking doesn't appeal anymore.  I do know that i'm just a few drags away from a pack + every day so i continue to be wary.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Jani
      Time flies Charlize!  Congratulations on this occasion.   Hugs, Jani
    • Cyndee
      Congrats on 6 years as Charlize  Indeed it's a special time as the old name is removed from documents and replaced with one of our choosing.    Best   Cynthia  
  • Upcoming Events