• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
Lorry

Been practicing with make up to cover stubble/feminize my face

Lorry

My wife has been helping me with my make up for the past couple weeks and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I still feel like my jaw looks really pronounced but I can deal with that. I am wearing a terrible wig in the photo. My wife thinks Im not passable yet (but she also says she is still adjusting to this stuff). I think I'm close to passing. But I would like outside opinions and tips if anyone feels like sharing. 

FaceApp_1554195106835~2.jpg

tracy_j

I think that people we know will see through makeup and see our underlying features so it may take time for your wife to see you as anything different, even when being objective. My opinion is that, taken in isolation, you do have androgyne features so could be taken as either male or female. Really it is other clues which assist or work against things. If you were smiling you would probably look more feminine. The clothes you wear and you mannerisms would have a large effect. I like the wig. You remind me of a girl I knew at school. She had similar hair. It's good your wife is helping.

Tracy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 85 Guests (See full list)

• Donnie_1961
    • J.Ryan
    • MaryMary
    • Jackie C.
    • KathyLauren
    • A. Dillon
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Donnie_1961
    Newest Member
    Donnie_1961

1. ~FerretB!te~
      ~FerretB!te~
      (14 years old)
    2. Christie
      Christie
      (51 years old)
    3. rays
      rays
      (31 years old)
    4. unsung-sovereign
      unsung-sovereign
      (24 years old)
    • Debra Michelle
      Did get a surprise at church this morning,seen a teacher I had in high school.She was surprised I changed big time at first and was glad I live a happy life now as a post op MTF.Did call me Debra too after Telling her I go by Debra now.She was my biggest inspiration in my life in high school and did thank her as well.Did see I did struggle in life before I transitioned knowing I was born the wrong gender.
    • Donnie_1961
      I really didn't used to think about eating much. Sometimes I'd totally forget. I'm 6' 1'' tall. Currently I tip the scales at 179 lbs.So I guess I'm doing better than I used to. It's OK to be a little fluffy. My lowest weight was 129 lbs but that was during my cross country bicycling days.  I only ate high energy bars and drank a lot of water back then.  I'd faint from the lack of calories. Regaining consciousness laying on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere is certainly a wake up call that I should take better care of myself. My advice to you is remember to eat. Your body needs the energy for what you are going through. Stay healthy, Kiddo. Stay Safe. Be smart.
    • Carolyn Marie
      Totally agree with the others, and I also can identify and empathize with your desire to leave all the explaining to others.  I, too, want to just get on with living my life.  I did the advocacy thing for several years, and loved it.  It brought a lot of meaning and purpose to my life, and I did a lot of good.  But I'm taking some steps back from all that.  Time to just be me.  So yes, I get you.  Do whatever feels most comfortable, Bunny.  Explain when you must, be otherwise, just enjoy life.   Carolyn Marie
    • ShawnaLeigh
      There is nothing wrong with holding on to the finest bit of hope.  You never know until it’s a done deal and even then.   If my wife had a change of heart I’m not sure I could go back to what we had.  Things would have to change.  
    • VickySGV
      The "ordinary" is what we really are aiming for in transition.  When we first begin our transitioned lives, there is novelty to it for ourselves and others around us.  Only 16% of people down south in the U.S. have knowingly met a Trans person so there is some healthy and actually caring curiosity about it.  If it is a person you have known a long time, as tired as you may be, it may be worth the time to tell them, but you have no obligation to do that as said above.    I am a bit on the other side, since I do actually give training classes on dealing with Trans people to groups who need the information. Doing deliberate and out training is different from having to justify yourself daily.  You do not have to justify yourself, you just do not!  Put that feeling aside!  In fact BURY that feeling which I have actually done.  You look fine and acceptable as a female in that picture which may be better than l look, but I am a bit older too.
    • Jani
      It looks like several models are under way.  You certainly have an eclectic living area.  Good for you!
    • Jani
      Bunny if you are tired of all that explaining (and who wouldn't) then stop!  There is no need to explain yourself to anyone. You look fine.   Jani
    • ToniTone
      Hi Reuben and welcome!    ~Toni
    • TammyAnne
      Dreary rainy day here as I finish my coffee. Days like this tend to depress most people. For myself, it pushes my "art" buttons. So something creative will happen today. Although I've often wondered if the dreary grey days trigger art production in me because when I do creative work, it's usually to the tune of 1500+ plus watts of intensely focused light. In other words "light therapy"?? At any rate, heres to you all, make some lemonade if you've got lemons, or sunshine if you've got dreary! 《《《 great big hug 》》》 TA
    • michelle_kitten
      I know that hole your in oh  so well.  It may seem like things will never get better.  I've been there so many times.  It sucks.   A lot of good advice has been given before me, but I am going to add to it.  What made a difference in my life is an attitude of gratitude.  I know that might seem silly where you're at, but please, read what I have to say.\   I grew up the child of a mother with narcissistic personality disorder.  She constantly played people against each other, and often treated me as defective.  She bad-mouthed my dad to me behind his back (not without cause), in order to feed her sense of superior self-worth.  She could sit in a busy shopping mall and name other people's character flaws as they walked by, and was probably correct.  It is fun being on the inside, but when that kind of mind is turned against  you, it can be a personal hell.  I hated parent teacher conferences.  I would start every school year optimistic and dedicated, until the first time my parents met with my teachers and told them what a screw up I was.  After that, I was treated very differently by my teachers.  She'd do it with my friends, drawing them into conversations, where she'd tell them all my flaws and every embarrassing thing I'd done since age 4.  Nothing was good enough, and my self-esteem got battered to nothing over the years.  I was ill prepared for life when she threw me out of the  house at age 18.   My father was little better.  He was abusive.  He's in prison right now for abusing a child he adopted after I was grown.  I can't tell you the times he came at me with his fists.  I remember clearly a hot summer day when we were working in the yard, and the heat was getting to me.  He picked up fist sized rocks and was throwing them at me, hard.  Fortunately, he didn't hit me, though nearly.   When I finally married in my 30's, after years of trying to get my head together, I married a woman with borderline personality disorder.  Feelings were her reality, even if they were based on nothing.  She would gas light me.  She was never affectionate with our children, and often turned on them as well.  She sabotaged us financially, and kept us living paycheck to paycheck.  I lived in a world where everything I did was wrong.  She'd ask my opinion only to be told her opinion on a  matter was the right one, and she'd go ahead and do whatever she wanted anyway.  When I finally confronted her with the abuse, she said, "Yeah, I abused you, but..." and went on to justify it with everything I ever did wrong as an excuse.  To this day, there is no contrition on her part, and was ultimately why I filed for divorce.   All of this time I suffered with Major Depressive Disorder.  I learned to keep it together.  My parent punished weakness, and I was married to a person who made suicide attempts 5 times while we were married, and once since.  Some one had to keep it together for the kids.  I can smile and go to work and pretend nothing is wrong and be absolutely dying inside.  The more I do that, the more mentally impaired I become.  I become clumsy, distracted, and unable to process.  I lose my short-term memory.  Life just gets stressful.   I finally broke about three years ago and ended up in the hospital.  What I felt was the absolute end of my life was actually the beginning.  I stopped being focused on all the bad things that happened and all the regrets I have (and there are many), I started focusing on what I do have.   After my break I spent 3 months in a homeless shelter and another 9 months in transitional housing.   Three years later, I have a job I never expected to get at a wage I never expected to earn starting out in the industry I am in now.  I am getting ready to see what else is out there for me.  I have a roof over my head.  It isn't perfect, but it is sufficient.  I have clothing.  Like most girls I'd like a lot more, but I have clothes to wear.  I have food to eat.  Maybe too much food.  I have a few friends.  I have finally come to terms with my gender dysphoria and am in transition.  It is far from perfect, but I have a lot of good things, and despite the 50 or so years of misery I am happy.   So, I go to bed every night being thankful.  When people ask me how I am, I say I am blessed.  It keeps me focused on what I have, and not what I don't have, or what I missed out on.  It puts the regrets and the painful past behind me and it dims the memory of the traumatic events and painful days and hours of where I've been.  It has become hard for me to believe I was the depressed mess I once was.   For me medication and an attitude of gratitude has been amazing.  Will there be an end to the pain before you reach your limit to manage it?  I think there will be.  I don't know the specifics of your situation, but I do know you can, one little step at a time, dig yourself out of the hole you're in.  You'd be surprised how focusing on the good will cheer you up a bit, which will change how you interact with people and how they interact with you.  You will find energy to get up from the computer and interact more with the world.  It may take time, but it will get better and better.   Keep us posted on how you're doing.
    • TammyAnne
      Jackie is so right about communication being a key in this. We all communicate on many levels, verbal and nonverbal. Cis people find trans people (my opinion) confusing because of the complex messaging we send: looking one way, acting another, saying/feeling different than we appear, etc. I probably just restated the obvious. TA
    • TammyAnne
      That should have said "Reuben" but my autocorrect already is thinking "famous artists" so what the heck! TA
    • SaraAW
      Welcome to the forums Reuben. This is an incredible community with so many wonderful people. Hugs!
    • TammyAnne
      Hello Reubens and welcome to the forums! There are several artists here, myself among them. This is a great place. I'm very glad you're here! TA
    • DianaB
      I dream of being passable once I reach my goal (and hopefully earlier too). I do not want people's first reaction to be "Oh, a man in a dress," or something similar, being forced to accept me as a woman because of society standards. Instead I want to simply present so female that there is no doubt in their mind, unless I tell them.   I'd want this for me (because I am a woman, so of course I should be accepted as a woman instantly, not have people forcing themselves to adjust their perception), but also because I believe it would give me a greater chance of having an ordinary life and keep an ordinary work. Because while society might move towards a greater degree of acceptance, I still think there is way to go.
  • Upcoming Events