• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Cassie

I was molested as a child, then raped as a teen.

Cassie

Hi. I don't really have a question, just thought it might be therapeutic to write about what happened to me and some consequences I just recently figured out. Maybe get your thoughts on it. Sorry if it's long. 

I was born in a male body. I was sexually molested and emotionally and physically (at times violently) abused for several years by a neighbor. It started when I was five. She was paid by my parents to babysit me. Back then I had a nanny who took care of me at her house during the day (raised me more than my parents did), so I only had to see the sitter when my parents went out at night, which was a lot. Then my nanny's family moved her away and I became a latch-key kid. The sitter (I don't say her name, it's still painful) then was tasked with "watching me" after school. That's when things got rough. I'll spare the specifics but one time her father had to stitch up my head where she had "accidentally" bashed it on my parents brick hearth. She told him I was clumsy, and I went along with it because I loved her. She was much older than me, but my only friend. Then she started bringing her friend over to share the fun. I did attempt a few times to tell my parents, but they weren't very receptive and didn't want to be bothered. Anyway, it eventually stopped when they moved away. 

Fast forward to high school, where I'm really screwed up. I'm cutting classes, cutting myself, drinking, etc. My grades were mediocre. I always got 99th percentiles on national tests, so they put me in the honors program, but I got B's and C's. I aced their exams and papers but never did any homework, because I hated that house (still do). Anyway my parents reaction was to put me in therapy to fix my grades (not any of the other stuff). I went to a series of psychiatrists, but I only remember the last one because he molested? raped? me. Pretty sure it was more than once. I thought I deserved it. (I have the most negative inner voice on the planet). Since then, whenever I've felt depressed (often) I would seek out men for anonymous sex. It was never satisfying, and I always felt horrible, defiled and used after. I was really confused about it because I'm not attracted to men at all. I knew I was different, and I knew I wasn't straight, but didn't seem to be gay either. But when I closed my eyes during the encounters, or remembered them later, I was a girl being used for pleasure. I just never gave that part any deep thought. Maybe I didn't want to know. 

Anyway, it took me years to finally figure out that on the inside, I *am* a girl, and that as a girl I'm attracted to strong lesbians. The worst part is that I think that if the rape and molestation and abuse didn't happen, then I might have figured this out years ago, maybe when I was young enough to do something about it. I don't think the abuse made me this way, I think my broken psyche's reaction to it all muddied the waters. I really really hate that after all these years it's still screwing me up. 

EliAtkins

Cassie, my heart goes out to you for what you've been through.  No one deserves that!

Still, I'm glad you're able to look past what happened and see yourself for who you are!

Cassie
1 hour ago, EliAtkins said:

Cassie, my heart goes out to you for what you've been through.  No one deserves that!

Still, I'm glad you're able to look past what happened and see yourself for who you are!

Thanks. :)

VickySGV

We are learning today, that what you endured as a child did not make you Trans, but probably masked your being Trans from you and others.  Not to be grim, but the masking could well have saved you from even more abuse than you did have.  Trans people are some of, if not the most, resilient people in the world and you story shows you are one of us for that trait to be sure.  For now, take a break from any sexuality focus and work on getting to know your True Gender and how it can help you deal with the past as far as losing the fear and shame that hit us all too often.  The sexuality can be dealt with soon enough, but it is not the first thing to deal with, since without an idea of yourself, relating to others is nearly impossible..

Cassie
18 minutes ago, VickySGV said:

We are learning today, that what you endured as a child did not make you Trans, but probably masked your being Trans from you and others.  Not to be grim, but the masking could well have saved you from even more abuse than you did have.  Trans people are some of, if not the most, resilient people in the world and you story shows you are one of us for that trait to be sure.  For now, take a break from any sexuality focus and work on getting to know your True Gender and how it can help you deal with the past as far as losing the fear and shame that hit us all too often.  The sexuality can be dealt with soon enough, but it is not the first thing to deal with, since without an idea of yourself, relating to others is nearly impossible..

That's really good advice and my therapist agrees. I'm just trying to process all of this stuff from the past and get comfortable with the new revelations. I know I'm not coming out until my kids are off to college in a few years, so I've got some time. Thanks for the kind words. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 185 Guests (See full list)

• AsTheCrow
    • DeeDee
    • Kirsten
    • Michelle F
    • DevilDog
    • sara albert
  • Who Was Online

113 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • AsTheCrow
    • DeeDee
    • Michelle F
    • Kirsten
    • DevilDog
    • sara albert
    • Timber Wolf
    • MaryMary
    • Charlize
    • Dev
    • reyindium
    • Jani
    • Clara84
    • MaryEllen
    • Sandra's journey
    • gracey01
    • Cyndee
    • ToniTone
    • Wrightful
    • gaypricot
    • VickySGV
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Leo
    • MsLindaV
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • KymmieL
    • Mybuttlost
    • SaraAW
    • Zoey
    • Dani1
    • Stuckinchina
    • Ashlee
    • Susan
    • Ellora
    • killjoyaiden
    • Josie Beth
    • Kole Rickard
    • Topher
    • Jennaroxie
    • Elyssia
    • Spyke01
    • Janeshannon
    • lauraincolumbia
    • CaraMC
    • Rachael
    • Jackson Max
    • figuringitout
    • tracy_j
    • Yamel
    • Jocelyn
    • Petra Jane
    • Alex C
    • galayogeda
    • Kate Parlee
    • Hello
    • Lorry
    • Sasha
    • Nichole Spencer
    • Taja
    • Willa
    • Astrid
    • Ronin82
    • Tessa
    • Mackenzie Holiday
    • JJ
    • Joel Allen
    • Terry
    • ChristinaDryadstar
    • ScooterKatie
    • Snow Princess Sophie
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • MelissaAndProudOfIt
    • Bobbyd
    • Julie pg
    • Lexa83
    • Ned
    • Arjen
    • Sandra6sandy9sand
    • LittleRed
    • LotsOQs026
    • EvanC
    • My name isn’t Megan
    • Kylie
    • MarciMay
    • JessicaVioletta
    • G Singh
    • BowlofPetunias
    • michelle_kitten
    • Stillhaunted
    • Mediator
    • Dranor
    • Cheyenne skye
    • Victoria X Dayne
    • pandorasbra
    • Laura Beth
    • trans1964
    • Sharon Aml
    • Piper
    • mom1972
    • a random individual
    • Dakota16
    • thatguy04
    • NotSamuel
    • Pidge
    • Cindy Truheart
    • Amber Marie
    • jo_g
    • Willow
    • Wise
    • Motormouth95
    • KeiraC
    • MomofSprinter
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Yamel
    Newest Member
    Yamel

1. Clara_D
      Clara_D
      (48 years old)
    2. Deborah121
      Deborah121
      (59 years old)
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi everyone,   Well, I'm up to my old shenanigans again. My landlord is here working. He's going to do some painting in my place, so I had to try to hide my cat, Gizmo. Gizmo had been my cat for 11 years almost, and is the most precious thing in my life. Unfortunately, I'm not supposed to have a cat. My landlord is currently working very close to where I've got Gizmo hidden. So far, when I've been near there she's been really quiet. I'm very nervously hoping he doesn't find her. He hasn't said anything, but he often doesn't say anything right away. Hopefully when he  leave this evening I'll be able to start breathing again.   I've lost everything else I love in my life, my home in the National Forest, my Siberian Husky Lupi, my Black Lab Chemuhk. Gizmo's the last one. She keeps me from being all alone. She's helped me get through some really tough times in my life. Without her, I'm not sure what would have happened. Didn't sleep well last night, too scared. Guess this is what happens when you do things on the sly, like bring a cat into where it's not allowed. She's the last of my family though, family I live with that is.   I just wish I could get an apartment that allows cats and end this danger Gizmo and I live with. My credit rating is still too bad to get into a corporate apartment complex though.😔 It's a little better than it was due to my checking account and the fact that there have been no new defaults I guess, but it's still bad. One serious health issue puts my credit right back in the toilet again. Can't afford health insurance. Actually, with tax issues for no health insurance, my credit may already be right back in the toilet.   Just venting, under a strain here today.   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Kirsten
      You will be the last to know that you pass. I know when I look in the mirror I see the same person that I’ve seen my whole life. Some subtle differences, but I don’t see someone who passes as female.  But when I went on my trip last week I was gendered female 100% of the time. I didn’t think much of it cause I get gendered that way at home too and just assumed it was people being nice because of where I live. But after talking to my therapist she says going to a place like the Carolinas you truly learn how well you pass. Apparently it’s not a very accepting area and if they don’t fully believe you to be female, then they call you sir. A ma’am is a hard thing to get in that area. Idk if I fully believe that but I sure want to. Lol. Either way it made me feel better about how I look. And if it’s true, I really am the last to know that I pass. 🤣   also i guess trans people are required to use their birth restrooms in North Carolina by law and I was helped to the women’s room two times that I asked where the restroom were. So 🤷🏻‍♀️ Maybe just maybe right.    My point being these awesome things will happen more and more. And they really are awesome. Relish in them! ❤️❤️ And before you know it you’ll pass too. 
    • Jani
      I had been gendered female in person from when I was a teen through my 50's.  Sometimes I saw it but other times...   I think you are showing more feminine attributes than you think Josie.     Jani 
    • Jani
      Going back to your initial question, for me it was day 1.  Inside I know I was transgender and transitioning but my image to the world was as the woman I saw myself as.   This is what its all about in my opinion.    Jani
    • Jani
      Great for you!  This kind of validation is wonderful as it comes across as being honest.     Jani
    • VickySGV
      Over on FB, I just report all of them as SPAM.  I do have one picture of a can of Vienna Sausages that I have been known to send back in PM's (DM"?) before I block them.  I also have one picture that I put on my site from time to time when I have been cloned that warns my real friends to look out for my doppelgangers and report the fakes.  It is a deliberately ugly evil picture of how I can look!!  
    • VickySGV
      Now why didn't I suggest that up above??  An excellent way to go. You are a special type of parent!!
    • ToniTone
      Fun! Y'all look like you had a happy, relaxing time. Love going to the ocean!
    • KymmieL
      Kymmie , has finally gotten her own Facebook page. luckily I only have state trans and Lgbt pages liked. I haven't had any creeps yet. If I don't know them I don't even respond I just ignore the ask.   Kymmie
    • ToniTone
      And I seem to be taking to it alright. I think my fat distribution has changed subtly too. Not enough to show yet, but it is inspiring some confidence. 
    • ToniTone
      Thank you Carolyn Marie, Josie and Vickie!  Like I said I'm going to be very patient with alot of things, notably the orchi. I'm still pretty early in transition and kinda torn. It is one of those big step, one-way decisions that I should really discuss with a therapist. I guess I'm not too hung up about that aspect of my anatomy, just the rest of it, lol!    I am concerned about the impact of hrt though, the risk to benefit ratio. So far I'm in good health 
    • Amy LeBlanc
      Welcome and enjoy
    • Amy LeBlanc
      I get a mix of them.  Some I know they are bots cause when I check their profile, There is no information and they only have one picture.  So that there to me is a bot.  Then I do get the real guys where on their profile they are married and have kids and yet they are requesting to be friends with me and sending me cheesy pickup lines and wanting to hook up.  So I get a mix of real and bots.  
    • Ellora
      Welcome! Enjoy!
    • Ellora
      I was wondering the same, i hope things are working out, or at least that this brings you peace and comfort.
  • Upcoming Events