• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ned

Just wondered if anyone ever shops at a good will store or other place where clothing is donated.  I had some great dresses and I have dropped some off at my local good will.  Its usually inexpensive there and I can see some of you have put a lot of money into some nice things.

• Forum Moderator

I used to do much more shopping at our local Good Will stores than i've done recently.  Hoping there was amongst other things a great place to see what sizes  and styles fit me best  as i was finding my "own style".  Today it's so much easier......a few favorite skirts and tops and a nice outfit or two for special occasions.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I'm at the point where I am just replacing items now more than adding to my wardrobe.  I do shop at goodwill but am very fussy, as if its not what I am looking for or isn't in perfect shape I pass on things.  I will say I frequently find new items with tags still on them.   Good buys abound! 

When I went full time last year I didn’t have any clothes, so that was my first stop. I ended up getting something like 20 pieces of clothing for less than 50 dollars. Without that I wouldn’t have been able to be full time. Since then I get a lot at target and old navy. And I still check in on all the consignment shops too. But a year in I feel like I have a good start to a useable wardrobe. 

• Forum Moderator

It's not often I shop in those type of shops for clothing but often look for other things that may take my fancy. I did buy a nice fleece in one recently though. It was just the colour I was looking for and in new condition.

Tracy

Sandra6sandy9sand

Hi Ned, I have shopped at Good Will many times and have found some great skirts, dresses, jeans, tops and shorts. You have to look things over carefully.  I usually hold items up to me to make sure I’m close on size.  I buy my panties and bras in Kohl’s or the Hanes Bali discount store.  I don’t buy men’s clothing any more.

Good luck shopping.

Sandra

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 72 Guests (See full list)

• Jani
    • Cyndee
    • RunValRun
    • MaryMary
    • Bobbi Jo
    • A. Dillon
    • SaraAW
    • Emily michelle
    • Dana Michelle
    • Jandi
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Mishmash
    Newest Member
    Mishmash

1. Piper
      Piper
      (42 years old)
    2. terriann
      terriann
      (69 years old)
    • Jani
      I'm still standing (Yeah, yeah, yeah)   (thanks Elton & Bernie)
    • SaraAW
      @Victoria_ Very cute!   @KymmieL Very happy to hear you're coming out work went well.    @KendraML Congrats on the new car! It's always exciting to learn how a new vehicle responds to you.   @Emily michelle Congrats on your 6 months!!! Those moments when you can really see yourself are so wonderful.
    • JustineM
      Not where it needs to be but a step in the right direction.        https://nypost.com/2020/10/21/pope-francis-calls-for-civil-union-laws-for-same-sex-couples/
    • Shay
      @Victoria_ I agree - really cute photo   @QuestioningAmber the reduction of anxiety and calmness has been my favorite part of HRT so far - hoping the body starts doing its thing but I'm happy with anxiety and depression reduction - that along has reduced the gender dysphoria.
    • Timber Wolf
      Hope all goes well, Jayna.   Lots of love, Timber Wolf🐾
    • MaryMary
      My 2 cents, it's just my opinion : No we can't. But, I suspect people are mixing periods symptoms with hormonal imbalance. Because the human body control hormones in a very complex way taking a pill can never replicate this delicate balance. So maybe sometimes the hormones you take doesn't match what the body need or phenomenons like that. If you are like me and forget to take them then maybe you will feel the consequences. I'm very skeptic about that, even when it's me feeling such things because I know just how much my brain react when it comes to dysphoria. I'm not trying to argue here, but for me when I feel things like that I'm just telling myself : "hey there brain, wishfull thinking" But hey, maybe I'm just wrong and I do have cramps and not just something like irritable bowel syndrome
    • Shay
      ok - another WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Under appreciated bas player.................    
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning everyone,✈   Happy birthday Piper!🎂 Happy birthday terriann!🎂   Hope you have a fantastic day!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf🐾
    • QuestioningAmber
      @Victoria_ I love the wig and the whole look in the picture, it is very cute.   Just finished my first cup of coffee. Took the day off since I need to burn vacation time and I have two appointments today, psychiatry and therapy. I have a span between the two, so I am going to go for a walk in the park I think. My psychiatrist was very pleased to hear that I have a less anxiety since starting Estrogen, which has been a happy surprise.
    • Cyndee
      smooth, polished........
    • Shay
      listen to the bass    
    • Shay
    • Shay
      @Kaltia_Atlas I want you to know you are brave and I am proud of you. I have similar background and with the love and advice from the ladies here you and I will make it.
    • Shay
      @Jayna I am proud of you. This is such an incredibly hard thing to do and I want to hug you for your bravery. Take it slow be honest and open and the ladies here are so filled with wisdom I could not have come as far without them.
    • KymmieL
      As Sara said. Go to a professional piercer One who has been trained. Yes, there are trainers for body piercing. Make sure that all the equipment used has been autoclave sterile.  You also may check into the health regulations in your state. If the state references South Dakota's tattoo and body piercing regulations. That is one of the best if not the best in the country.   The South Dakota tattoo/ body piercing health regulations were co-written by a couple friends of mine, a professional tattooist and his wife, a professional body piercer. She took her profession very seriously  even taking anatomy classes.   But ultimately your choice, have a semi sharp stud pushed through your ear with an instrument not able to be hospital sterile or a sterile ultra sharp needle making a hole. Plus the after care instruction. and a place where you can contact the person who did the work about ANY problems.   Kymmie 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.