• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Doctors visit to discuss an orchiectomy

Ellora

Hi! I’m very excited for this upcoming Doctors appointment to talk about an Orchiectomy!! My Primary is totally down for this procedure, and they can do it at the same Doctors office. The visit is a formality, and if she is still ok with m having one, I’m going to try and schedule the Orchiectomy ASAP. Other than frozen peas and soft cushions, I would appreciate any words of advice and encouragement once I have the Orchiectomy. 

Thank you! ?

• Forum Moderator

You will be limited in what you are allowed to lift.  I remember being a bit upset as a gallon of milk was too heavy!  This being said it's good to get shopping done ahead of time.  You will do fine.  I can't say i wasn't uncomfortable after surgery but it was only for a relative short period.  As an addict i used only a very small amount of pain killer and was able to quickly handle the discomfort.  Just don't expect to run any marathons too soon.

I'm sure i did some posting shortly afterwards as have others here at Trans Pulse.  Perhaps you might want to check back in our old posts for more posts.

Hugs,

Charlize

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:!!! I just scheduled my Orchiectomy surgery for JUNE 6th!!!!! OMG IM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! Its kinda surreal. When I got the voicemail , I had to play it again cause I thought they might take a a week or so to do the paperwork and such. Weeeeeeee!! FINALLY!!!

Yay!! I'm happy for you. I had mine back in February. Like Charlie, I had a bit of pain the first couple of days. And had to be careful when moving about for a few more. I also couldn't lift anything with any kind of weight to it. Things have healed up nicely since then and I'm much more comfortable with my body these days, without that mass of crap in my panties. Life now is pretty good. I hope the time passes quickly for you. And your healing is just as fast.

12 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Yay!! I'm happy for you. I had mine back in February. Like Charlie, I had a bit of pain the first couple of days. And had to be careful when moving about for a few more. I also couldn't lift anything with any kind of weight to it. Things have healed up nicely since then and I'm much more comfortable with my body these days, without that mass of crap in my panties. Life now is pretty good. I hope the time passes quickly for you. And your healing is just as fast.

Hi! Thank you! And congratulations to you! I’m glad it went well for you. When did the pain stop, and when did you feel comfortable to walk around? I can’t wait until I can get those yucky things off of me. I have a drawer full of panties, and an Amazon list full waiting for me, ? 

I was able to walk the same day. It was a same day, in and out, kind of surgery. They tell you no heavy lifting. They don't tell you about all muscle weight puppies, pulling on a leash. I set my healing back by trying to walk my puppy. I didn't do that again. Just make sure you follow the after surgery care instructions and you should heal up within a few days. There would still be some soreness, but the major pain should be gone.

And I was wrong about having mine in Feb. That was an abscess removal, in the same area. My Orchie was in November. And yes, panties fit MUCH better now.

3 hours ago, Mickey said:

I was able to walk the same day. It was a same day, in and out, kind of surgery. They tell you no heavy lifting. They don't tell you about all muscle weight puppies, pulling on a leash. I set my healing back by trying to walk my puppy. I didn't do that again. Just make sure you follow the after surgery care instructions and you should heal up within a few days. There would still be some soreness, but the major pain should be gone.

And I was wrong about having mine in Feb. That was an abscess removal, in the same area. My Orchie was in November. And yes, panties fit MUCH better now.

Hi! Ouchies, Im glad you are doing better! Thank you for the advice! And words of encouragement ! ooooo I cant wait until I can try on new panties! I have some on standby and some on my amazon list !!