• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hay im new here

Hi. I have recently realised i am non-binary, i dont feel like a man or a woman but something inbetween. I have told my nurse and my fiance. Who have been totally supportive. But i do feel very alone. There is very little support for those who are LGBTQ + and the only other person who is NB is a 16 year old in my Choir. (Im 25). I dont have a clue how i am going to tell my mum and my oldest brother(24, Autistic,makes jokes about identifing as a toaster). I want to cut my long hair to feel more like me but at the same time i don't, its so confusing! I also have been 'blessed' with a large chest and im not shore what i should use to try and minimise them. On the other hand i bought a mens polo shirt, because womens polo shirts are way too expensive. I was so scared buying it.

So yeh im rambling abd im new here, if you can help me that would be great!

Many thanks in advance!

• Forum Moderator

Welcome to Trans Pulse.  I don't know how to help directly but i found that posting here and reading the posts of others helped me find a path to finding and then accepting myself.

Give it time and try to enjoy the journey.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Welcome!

Read around here. You should soon find out a few ideas and people are very friendly. Confidence will steadily grow as you go.

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

Welcome InnocentWiskers  to Trans Pulse forums, and thanks for your intro post.

Have a look around, and do post away as the mood strikes ya

Cyndee -

• Forum Moderator

Hello and welcome!  Don't worry about rambling!  You're just writing from the heart.   As an NB, why wouldn't you try to mix up your gender presentation a bit with shorter hair and some unique clothing choices, and not worry about the size of your chest.  A sports type bra would help with providing for a minimized look.   As you feel like something "in between" this in between look would seem to satisfy all concerns.   Just a though...

Take some time and look around.  I think you'll find lots of good information here.

Jani

Hi, Innocentwhiskers!

As a NB person myself, I can identify with your concerns!   I can tell you that I, too, was soooo scared the first few times I purchased clothing.  But I soon found that there really wasn't anything bad that was going to happen;  cashiers simply rang up my purchases and didn't give me any suspicious looks.  Within a few weeks I was eagerly augmenting my wardrobe (and trying on tons of stuff to see what fit and what worked for me), and I have never looked back since.  I agree with Jani, too -- mixing up my outfits in unique ways with both masculine and feminine touches is fun.  And both thrift stores (with used clothing) and stores such as Primark can be easy on the budget when you want to try something different.

Regarding how to come out to your mum and oldest brother, one approach you might consider is writing down what you want to say in a letter (it could be a different letter for each of them). Take your time doing it, and do several drafts of it until you've got it the way you want.  This is what I did when coming out as NB to my daughter. It gave me a chance to express to her what I was feeling inside about my gender, and I didn't have to worry about forgetting to say something, which might have been the case if I had simply sat down and talked, trying to remember all the things I wanted to include.  And even if you ultimately don't use the letter(s), it can be a useful way to articulate for yourself your own thoughts about your gender identity.

Oh, and have fun in your choir ... I love singing, too! ?

All the best!

Astrid

• 5 months later...

welcome

Being on this site with loads of information is great way to start , since i am fairly new and still fresh it is a scary issue. This place is a great support of all LGBTQ and really good advice .

• 4 months later...

Hi Innocentwiskers, I kind of understand your quandary since people have wondered what a non-binary is supposed to transition to...

Somewhere in the middle I suppose, for me.

Welcome to a great place to ask questions and find answers.

TA

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 115 Guests (See full list)

• Davie
    • VickySGV
    • Ashley0616
    • Charlize
    • Maddee
    • April Marie
    • MaryEllen
    • Betty K
    • EasyE
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Chaidoesart
    Newest Member
    Chaidoesart

1. **Angela Charlotte **
      **Angela Charlotte **
    2. Carlie
      Carlie
      (63 years old)
    3. Cbxshawn
      Cbxshawn
      (49 years old)
    4. HannahO
      HannahO
      (31 years old)
    5. JustKatie
      JustKatie
      (40 years old)
    • Ivy
      It's kinda weird how these people are so worked up over making these laws.  They would have no effect on cis people either way.  Yet they are the ones with the obsession.  They ought to just stay out of trans people's business.
    • Maddee
      ❤️   He deserved truth.    I told him.     🌈🌈    
    • Ivy
      Bean burritos are still popular in my family.   Black eyed peas are the one legume I'm not fond of.  I need to add lots of onions. And of course always cook your pintoes with fat-meat.  And for y'all yankees, navy beans with a big ol' ham bone are hard to beat.
    • Betty K
      Seek out community, not just online but in person if possible. Making trans friends is a pretty quick and easy way to gauge if you have much in common with them.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Glad to be home and did go out for a walk this morning.Good thing is that went good.Still taking it easy
    • Charlize
      It certainly could be classed as dark humor.  Unfortunately the sentiments alone must hurt young trans folks.  Decency and reality doesn't seem to be in the GOP's vocabulary.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Mmindy
      Good morning all,    It’s a frosty morning here the lawn looks silvery, and the uncovered spring flowers have icy edges on their leaves. The only flower bed I covered was my tulips. As nice as it is here during the day, our clear wind free nights allow the temperatures to drop into the mid twenties. Here in our growing zone it’s recommended that you not plant delicate plants until Mother’s Day. Central Indiana can have snow as late as the third week of May. The birds are active at the feeders, I’ve had my cup of yoghurt and morning meds. So I’ll sit here, drink coffee and watch the as the sunrise chases the frost from the yard.    @awkward-yet-sweet I could eat black eyed peas as a side for every meal. Boil them plain or with fatback. Served as a leftover, just add in a little Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies.  Make the best of your day,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋    
    • Mirrabooka
      I hope y'all look at this one. A catchy tune released at the end of Covid lockdown. Scarlett is so cute!!!     
    • Heather Shay
    • Mirrabooka
    • Mirrabooka
      Had a weird dream last night.
    • Mirrabooka
      Morning, y'all. Evening here; we had the regulation three mugs full today. Now it's time to drink something else.     No big plans here either, eldest daughter and granddaughter will be arriving on Saturday, and we will have our granddaughter to ourselves for a week after that. We still have plans though. Tuesday we'll go to the swim center, Wednesday we'll take a road trip to visit my mom, Thursday we'll get some mulch delivered to top up the gardens.   I still make other small plans on a daily basis though. The things I do plan nowadays, which is a bit new for me, is that after pinching a nerve and ending up in a bit of pain and getting some treatment from the physio, I am more motivated than ever to exercise more regularly. Tuesday for example, I went for a short (15 minute) early morning walk, went to the pool for some hydrotherapy, and mowed the lawns. Yesterday I did my exercise reps and spent some time on the exercise bike. Today, I went for a 45-minute walk, tomorrow I will do my reps again and go for a long bike ride. As long as I do at least one thing every day, right? The pleasing thing is that I'm losing weight! I blew out to above 95kg early in the year and I'm just under 91kg now. Yay me!
    • Heather Shay
      What one piece of advice would you give to beginning transitioners or considering transition?
    • Heather Shay
      Positive side of the mixed bag.
    • Heather Shay
      Boredom is an emotional state that comes when a person has nothing to do, and is not interested in anything. To stop boredom, most people do something to occupy or amuse themselves. The first known use of the word boredom is in the novel Bleak House by Charles Dickens, written in 1852, but the saying to be a bore had been used to mean "to be tiresome or dull" since 1768. When referring to the mind, boredom is a bad state in which the person feels a deep lack of interest in what is going on around them, and where it is hard to focus.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.