• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Orchiectomy

Rachael

?? I had my surgery today (orchiectomy). So far? Things went well. I have been so nervous about saying anything for fear something would happen and I not get it. But I did so am happy and relieved. As an added bonus we stopped at a gas station for rest room stop the clerk said are you looking for the restroom I said yes he said second door on the right, this was the women’s I would not have passed me but it sure made my day.?

• Admin

Congratulations on reaching a milestone.  Do follow the post surgery instructions and it will be great.

congrats.  As someone who has had half a orchiectomy, I know what you are going through and the recovery time is at least short.  Well for me anyways my recovery was only 2 weeks.  But let me explain why I said that I have had half orchiectomy, I am a 11 year cancer survivor and I have had testicular cancer so I have only had 1 of the 2 removed.  This was mandatory for me since I was fighting cancer to get rid of the 1 infected one.  So as I tell people, I only have had half a orchiectomy

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Rachael.  Having had the same surgery i know that feeling of relief when it was finally in the past.  Due to heart problems i was always afraid it wouldn't be allowed. The healing was early quick.   Getting off of blockers has been great and the "look" of things down there has certainly improved.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Wonderful news Rachael!  Rest and heal well.

Jani 

• Admin

Congratulations, Rachael!  It's a great feeling, once you get the feeling back.  ?

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Rachael

Tracy

Still a little sore but doing well. 

Charlize, I was worried they would not let me get the orchectomy as I have had blood clots and 3 stints put in. So far so good and being able to drop the spiro was a top priority. 

Thanks everyone?

Congrats!  How is the recovery going?  It's been a few days since your last post.