• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

human growth and development

Mybuttlost

It's spring and you know what that means, populations are repopulating rabbits are going wild, and so are human apparently cuz next unit in science we are starting the worst unit of them all (probably not just my opinion) HUMAN GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT... 'oh it's the most dysphoric time ooof theeee yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' [sung to the tune of have a holly jolly christmas] does anyone else have this coming up? cuz i really don't know what to do everyone is going to learn about everything boys and girls learning about boys and girls and i don't really wanna be in the boy's side too much... if only...

i sound like a thirty-year-old man (im only fourteen come on...) most days and it really sucks i have gotten in the habit of raising my voice a bit so i don't sound so low and i feel so bleh from such a low sounding voice... but it is good when i scare my friends and yell something like "hey what are you doing" when were are doing really freaking stupid stuff!!! ???

• Admin

Have you read ahead in the textbook, or are you imagining this based on rumors and legends of what goes on in the class?

If this is science, that part of human development is actually pretty fascinating, although I agree that some parts of genetics can be a challenge, but mostly getting the terminology down is the hurdle.  If they are showing pictures of the actual changes as people go from childhood to puberty and then adulthood, accept the fact your development is what it is, but you can privately learn what will be needed for your life.  In other words, learn it with your brain and not your guts.

If the class is a "Sex Education" class then it can get a little sticky since your textbooks on that will not be addressing LGBT conditions and I can see where you will feel lost.  You can survive it though if you slow down and just take in the information as it is given even though it does not apply to your life.  You are going to be living with folks who do not have Gender Dysphoria the rest of your life, and learning about their lives will help you be able to tell your story about it in a few years.  

I know it can be lonely and sometimes you feel dishonest about things, but for now, let it slide.  In college they will teach you the stuff again, but give you the real hard and accurate science.  You are the same age as my oldest grandchild and I have had to reassure them that you and the teachers get smarter over the years and life is more interesting.

We don't have any textbooks and it's not sex-ed yet, I don't think... also we are learning about puberty and what to expect and general **** like that... I love genetics the science is so fascinating and i really want to learn more the only thing is that Mrs. Sciencelady might be separating us into groups boys and girls and there is just that feeling of 'yeah I don't belong here' even just thinking about it... Idk the principal knows im trans so I might just talk to him and see if there is anything extra that I dont need to do, i heard that we are gonna have to take notes and stuff uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh... 

omg, that post is all over the place lmao!!!

• Admin

At the time I was your age, I do remember the boys getting pretty giggly and raunchy about the subject.  I did not have the language to know about Trans 55 years ago, but the "other boys" really got on my nerves.  Mostly because I wanted to learn the stuff and they were probably really feeling scared and embarrassed about the subject but were acting like a bunch of empty box heads. 

I remember these feelings too. Whenever the girls went into the other room I watched them go thinking about how I wanted to go with them. You might to use this as an opportunity to expand your knowledge for furture use. If you are able to talk to your folks, the information gained here could be very useful to support a puberty blocker discussion. Since you have XY genes, knowing what to expect over the next few years might be helpful in dealing with it.  I am a teacher, and I am always reluctant to let students out of gain important knowledge, but I am always supportive of students gaining additional knowledge. Do you think your teacher would let you sit in on both discussion groups? Being trans, we are in the middle, maybe hearing both sides will help you figure out where you are crossing to.

You're smarter and stronger than you think! All of us who grew up in a time when expressing any transgender thoughts was unthinkable are here cheering for you.  Remember being brave isn't being unafraid...it's being scared and still moving forward. 

I remember this class when I was in school.  I also remember when they separated the boys from the girls and I was forced to sit in on the boys when I really wanted to go with the girls.  But then I also remember when they started to play the movie and the teacher turned off the lights, I sunk out of class and went over to where the girls had there class and when the lights came on, I ended up getting in trouble and getting detention.  That was very interesting when I was 11 and had to explain to my parents why I was sitting in on the girls class and not being in the boys class.

• Admin

Today, old grandma here thinks it is pretty stupid to separate boys and girls and make a mystery of something that is natural and as a whole beautiful and both understanding about the other and what they will go through gives a foundation for compassion and co-operation that is otherwise missed.  Picking up a box of feminine sanitary supplies for a sister or GF should not embarrass a boy, and likewise getting a can of jock itch spray for a brother or BF should not bother a girl.  You younger folks have got to get busy and fix that.

[new info] the entire class is gonna be in one room and she isn't talking about separating the class anymore (she meant something like left side boys right side girls) and now i feel a bit better... i will research puberty blockers and stuff like that but it may be too late for my 30-year-old man's voice lol... in 5th grade they gave us the beginning to the puberty talk and we were separated at that time i didn't realize i was trans so i just went with it but i didn't want to be there, talking about my male anatomy really grosses me out...

• 2 weeks later...

I am so happy my health teacher also runs the QSA. Gotta love dysphoria. (Oof sound effect)

8 hours ago, Topher said:

(Oof sound effect)

my life tho lmao

I'm commenting because I'm currently going through an online version of intro college biology (I have an incomplete from a previous semester.) Just reached this lovely topic today (/sarcasm). I get that it's important, but it's very dysphroric for me. Im just grateful that it is online and at my own pace so I can get it over with quickly. 

Glad that your teacher decided against her original plan!

15 hours ago, Motormouth95 said:

Glad that your teacher decided against her original plan!

saaaaaaaaame...

Hi! I remember those classes back in 5th and 7th grade. All the boys and girls were separated. It was a very awkward time. One I hate(d) having boy parts, then having to hear about them in front of everyone else. Nobody really asked any questions, unless it was meant to be a joke. I remember asking my 5th grade teacher, which happened to look like someone that was stuck in the 50s, where the vagina (vulva) was. He reached right down between his legs and pointed as he told me. ? I didn’t know what to say, or do other that say ok, thanks. ?. The thing is, it still didn’t make sense, cause I was wondering where Mine was. But I couldn’t ask him that way. So I had to stay silent and live on.

It is a better time now, cause a lot has changed since then, and now you have more resources and people out there that are willing and able to speak to you.Best of luck on your journey!