• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

human growth and development

Mybuttlost

It's spring and you know what that means, populations are repopulating rabbits are going wild, and so are human apparently cuz next unit in science we are starting the worst unit of them all (probably not just my opinion) HUMAN GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT... 'oh it's the most dysphoric time ooof theeee yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' [sung to the tune of have a holly jolly christmas] does anyone else have this coming up? cuz i really don't know what to do everyone is going to learn about everything boys and girls learning about boys and girls and i don't really wanna be in the boy's side too much... if only...

i sound like a thirty-year-old man (im only fourteen come on...) most days and it really sucks i have gotten in the habit of raising my voice a bit so i don't sound so low and i feel so bleh from such a low sounding voice... but it is good when i scare my friends and yell something like "hey what are you doing" when were are doing really freaking stupid stuff!!! ???

• Admin

Have you read ahead in the textbook, or are you imagining this based on rumors and legends of what goes on in the class?

If this is science, that part of human development is actually pretty fascinating, although I agree that some parts of genetics can be a challenge, but mostly getting the terminology down is the hurdle.  If they are showing pictures of the actual changes as people go from childhood to puberty and then adulthood, accept the fact your development is what it is, but you can privately learn what will be needed for your life.  In other words, learn it with your brain and not your guts.

If the class is a "Sex Education" class then it can get a little sticky since your textbooks on that will not be addressing LGBT conditions and I can see where you will feel lost.  You can survive it though if you slow down and just take in the information as it is given even though it does not apply to your life.  You are going to be living with folks who do not have Gender Dysphoria the rest of your life, and learning about their lives will help you be able to tell your story about it in a few years.  

I know it can be lonely and sometimes you feel dishonest about things, but for now, let it slide.  In college they will teach you the stuff again, but give you the real hard and accurate science.  You are the same age as my oldest grandchild and I have had to reassure them that you and the teachers get smarter over the years and life is more interesting.

We don't have any textbooks and it's not sex-ed yet, I don't think... also we are learning about puberty and what to expect and general **** like that... I love genetics the science is so fascinating and i really want to learn more the only thing is that Mrs. Sciencelady might be separating us into groups boys and girls and there is just that feeling of 'yeah I don't belong here' even just thinking about it... Idk the principal knows im trans so I might just talk to him and see if there is anything extra that I dont need to do, i heard that we are gonna have to take notes and stuff uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh... 

omg, that post is all over the place lmao!!!

• Admin

At the time I was your age, I do remember the boys getting pretty giggly and raunchy about the subject.  I did not have the language to know about Trans 55 years ago, but the "other boys" really got on my nerves.  Mostly because I wanted to learn the stuff and they were probably really feeling scared and embarrassed about the subject but were acting like a bunch of empty box heads. 

I remember these feelings too. Whenever the girls went into the other room I watched them go thinking about how I wanted to go with them. You might to use this as an opportunity to expand your knowledge for furture use. If you are able to talk to your folks, the information gained here could be very useful to support a puberty blocker discussion. Since you have XY genes, knowing what to expect over the next few years might be helpful in dealing with it.  I am a teacher, and I am always reluctant to let students out of gain important knowledge, but I am always supportive of students gaining additional knowledge. Do you think your teacher would let you sit in on both discussion groups? Being trans, we are in the middle, maybe hearing both sides will help you figure out where you are crossing to.

You're smarter and stronger than you think! All of us who grew up in a time when expressing any transgender thoughts was unthinkable are here cheering for you.  Remember being brave isn't being unafraid...it's being scared and still moving forward. 

I remember this class when I was in school.  I also remember when they separated the boys from the girls and I was forced to sit in on the boys when I really wanted to go with the girls.  But then I also remember when they started to play the movie and the teacher turned off the lights, I sunk out of class and went over to where the girls had there class and when the lights came on, I ended up getting in trouble and getting detention.  That was very interesting when I was 11 and had to explain to my parents why I was sitting in on the girls class and not being in the boys class.

• Admin

Today, old grandma here thinks it is pretty stupid to separate boys and girls and make a mystery of something that is natural and as a whole beautiful and both understanding about the other and what they will go through gives a foundation for compassion and co-operation that is otherwise missed.  Picking up a box of feminine sanitary supplies for a sister or GF should not embarrass a boy, and likewise getting a can of jock itch spray for a brother or BF should not bother a girl.  You younger folks have got to get busy and fix that.

[new info] the entire class is gonna be in one room and she isn't talking about separating the class anymore (she meant something like left side boys right side girls) and now i feel a bit better... i will research puberty blockers and stuff like that but it may be too late for my 30-year-old man's voice lol... in 5th grade they gave us the beginning to the puberty talk and we were separated at that time i didn't realize i was trans so i just went with it but i didn't want to be there, talking about my male anatomy really grosses me out...

• 2 weeks later...

I am so happy my health teacher also runs the QSA. Gotta love dysphoria. (Oof sound effect)

8 hours ago, Topher said:

(Oof sound effect)

my life tho lmao

I'm commenting because I'm currently going through an online version of intro college biology (I have an incomplete from a previous semester.) Just reached this lovely topic today (/sarcasm). I get that it's important, but it's very dysphroric for me. Im just grateful that it is online and at my own pace so I can get it over with quickly. 

Glad that your teacher decided against her original plan!

15 hours ago, Motormouth95 said:

Glad that your teacher decided against her original plan!

saaaaaaaaame...

Hi! I remember those classes back in 5th and 7th grade. All the boys and girls were separated. It was a very awkward time. One I hate(d) having boy parts, then having to hear about them in front of everyone else. Nobody really asked any questions, unless it was meant to be a joke. I remember asking my 5th grade teacher, which happened to look like someone that was stuck in the 50s, where the vagina (vulva) was. He reached right down between his legs and pointed as he told me. ? I didn’t know what to say, or do other that say ok, thanks. ?. The thing is, it still didn’t make sense, cause I was wondering where Mine was. But I couldn’t ask him that way. So I had to stay silent and live on.

It is a better time now, cause a lot has changed since then, and now you have more resources and people out there that are willing and able to speak to you.Best of luck on your journey! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 99 Guests (See full list)

• Pip
    • MaryEllen
    • sp884
    • Mia Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Zoe Denise
    Newest Member
    Zoe Denise

1. 777fleetleader777
      777fleetleader777
      (21 years old)
    2. ArinHallm3
      ArinHallm3
      (18 years old)
    3. ITakMyTime
      ITakMyTime
      (70 years old)
    4. Jess31
      Jess31
      (40 years old)
    5. Natalie71645
      Natalie71645
      (39 years old)
    • Mirrabooka
      I still do. 😉
    • Mirrabooka
      So do I! You look terrific, @MaeBe!
    • MaeBe
      Aww, shucks! Thank you, @Ashley0616 and @Timi! I find taking a picture of myself so difficult. 
    • Timi
    • Ashley0616
      You're pretty! It's nice to see a face.
    • Ashley0616
      I'm very glad that everything worked out even better than you thought. It's a tough spot to be in and I know the exact feelings. I'm still waiting to apply for divorce under abandonment so I officially can meet someone who one day I can call someone my prince or my queen. Although the desire for someone is fading because of everything. it's even more amazing that she was your high school sweetheart! Looking forward to the next entry.
    • Ivy
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Been a good long day for me.Got everything done I worked on.Been getting customers that want me to work on their trucks only and my boss is cool about it.A construction company,seen I do good work and do not leave a grease mark in the interior.I keep tub o towels on my tool box.Had a good supper when I got home,a grilled pork steak with a potatoe and green beans
    • Betty K
      Awww thanks for listening everyone. I have another 5-6 songs in this style that I started recording at the same time, so hopefully I’ll finish the next release soon.   Yes, exactly. Everything was easier about this project, mainly because it felt authentic. The energy was very different, because it was such a pleasure to express myself without a filter. I laughed a lot. 
    • Betty K
      Thanks for listening @Mmindy.   You’re welcome @April Marie. I think Sally Can’t Dance is an underrated album.
    • KymmieL
      Well I had an interview with the local Ford Dealership for an opening in the parts dept. It sounded positive. I was told I would here by tomorrow morning.    Other than that just sticking around the house. I haven't done much, the weather is cold and yucky. Doesn't look like good weather till Sunday. Maybe tomorrow I'll fire up the heater in the garage and see about getting the other brake hose put on the Explorer.   Have a good rest of your day/evening.   Hugs, Kymmie
    • MaeBe
      Maybe they called me he/him at the dealership because I completely forgot my mascara! Eyeliner without mascara…a bold new trend among the helplessly lost! :)   Fixed that! 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Ah. Email from Gibson. [it was actually less legible than this, as he didn't use punctuation, it was all caps, and he ran all his words together. Taylor was used to it.   T - As everyone was under my super. this last year, don't worry about the evals. I will handle it. Send all email about new proposals to me, your unit handles work under way.  You will be involved but the first step is those go to me. Thanks   Here is an outline of what questions I want to see answered tomorrow.  Feel free to just jot down your thoughts.  If you don't know, say so and maybe point to how we can find that out............   Your new position will seem very challenging for a while but I am sure you can handle it.  Everyone has the utmost confidence in you.   PS your performance evaluation will be stellar, as reflected in your new position and compensation.  You get 100. One less thing to worry about.   Taylor sent him 45 emails right after that, gave some thought to the questions, and then had to turn to one of the proposals under way and review it.  That done, she read through the personnel files on her people so she would better understand them and what they could do. There was a very thin folder with her name on it.  It had one piece of paper on it. On it was written "the best!".  The others were thicker but didn't take long either, and she returned to answering the questions.   
    • Sally Stone
      Post 5 “Coming out to My Significant Other”   My wife and I were high school sweethearts and after 40 plus years of marriage we are still soulmates.  Yes, I consider myself lucky, but we also worked hard to stay sweethearts, and my transgender nature was one of the things that required a lot of hard work to reconcile.    Back when I realized she was the girl I was going to marry, I was still struggling with gender identity, and up to that point I had kept this guarded secret from her.  I wondered how I was going to tell her, and I pondered the timing.  I had already decided she needed to know before I would feel comfortable asking her to marry me.  I was absolutely terrified that when she learned about my gender identity issues, it would scare her off.  Despite my deep concern, I just knew in my heart, I couldn’t keep the truth from her.   In my case, I never thought a relationship with a girl, or marriage to a girl would somehow cure my gender dysphoria.  In fact, the blossoming of our relationship didn’t mute or minimize my gender confusion one bit, so my desire to keep dressing like a girl remained strong.  I actually considered not telling her at all, but I already knew this wasn’t a passing phase, so kicking the proverbial can down the road didn’t make sense to me.    Since I was committed to revealing my secret, I pondered how to initiate the conversation?  Obviously, I would tell her that I enjoyed dressing and looking like a girl, so part of the conversation would be about crossdressing.  The fact that I cross-dressed was the easier part of the conversation and it would make clear to her what I was doing, but the harder part would be explaining why; because, at that time in my life, I had no idea why I was feeling like I was a girl.  Still, I felt a partial explanation was better than none at all and if she could accept the crossdressing part initially, maybe she and I could explore the deeper meaning, together.    Telling my fiancé I was a crossdresser seemed the simplest explanation at the time.  All that remained was the timing and this is when a situation arose that I hoped would be the perfect setup for my big reveal.  She and I were going to a friend’s party, and on the weekend it was to take place, my fiancé’s parents were out of town.  I casually mentioned that I thought it would be a “goof” to show up at the party dressed like a girl.  Much to my joy and surprise, she thought it was a super idea.  In fact, her enthusiasm for the idea was more than I could have hoped for.  With her parents out of town, we had her house to use for my transformation.    At the time, I had my own stash of girl’s clothing, but admitting to this would have revealed too much.  Besides, she had already started planning my wardrobe for me and I was certain her efforts would be much better than anything my feeble stash might result in.  I couldn’t have been more correct and after she dressed me and did my makeup, I looked more like a girl than I ever had before.  In fact, my new appearance was so striking, I could barely contain my joy.  Of course, this was supposed to be a “goof” so, I did my level best to hide the excitement I was feeling inside.  While I was elated being dressed and out in public, I was absolutely terrified at the same time.  Consequently, showing up at the party was a lot more difficult for me than I had imagined.  Ultimately, everyone got a big kick out of me, and that did help to relax me a little.  However, I had vowed to come clean to my fiancé at some point during the evening, so I remained uncomfortably anxious.   Later, and after a few drinks, I had mustered up the courage to reveal my secret to my future wife.  I pulled her aside and had her follow me to a quiet room upstairs.  Alone together, I began trying to explain my feelings, which as I recall revolved mostly around my desire to dress like a girl.  I did tell her my feelings were more complex, but I think she latched onto the fact that I was a guy who enjoyed looking like a girl on occasion.  I was extremely emotional as we talked, but she comforted me and told me it didn’t change her feelings for me.   I have to say having that conversation with my fiancé that night was the best decision I ever made.  It ensured we would face the future together without secrets or deceit. I know it strengthened our relationship. Of course, my wife really didn’t have any idea what she was signing up for when she agreed to support my transgender nature.  It would be like riding a roller coaster, lots of ups and quite a few downs, but the fact that she knew about me before we got married, made the ride a lot smoother than it could have been.   Hugs,   Sally
    • Maddee
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.