• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Estrogen Injections

Raven1981

Today is shot day again. I always look forward to shot day. I dont know if it's psychological or not, but every time I give myself a shot, I start to feel like I am floating on a cloud and I feel all so comfortable and content with just loving every aspect of this. Even thou I spent over 3 decades as someone else trying to please everyone and feeling like an outcast but always being a people pleaser and just being the individual that I thought everyone wanted me to be and it stressed me out too much. Now as myself, I am comfortable and happy and knowing this is right and the shots really help with comfort.

Yay! I am happy that you feel happy! I feel that way everyday I take My lady meds. 

glad to hear it. I wish I felt the same but the deep I get the more I feel like a lost cause. Still look a man, still get call sir and mister and buddy..Happy for you both

5 hours ago, Alex C said:

glad to hear it. I wish I felt the same but the deep I get the more I feel like a lost cause. Still look a man, still get call sir and mister and buddy..Happy for you both

Hi! It’s a long road. I haven’t always been this happy. I wish I had the courage to have started decades ago. Im just happy about anything I can do to push me forward, and try not to let it get me down when I don’t. I still present as a man in public, so I still get Sir all the time. All the time. I ignore it best I can. I change the thought to something else when I need to. 

Don’t give up or be discouraged, do the best that you can do, stay positive when you can. Create your own world, and keep the toxic part out. Set your boundaries. 

I hope you can find some peace and enjoy that you are being brave enough to even try to be yourself! ?

@Alex C and @Ellora.  I wish myself that I could have started my journey sooner than staying in the closet for over 3 decades, but it is what it is.  I am just super happy and just love my injections.  The last time I felt like I was floating on a cloud was when I was given pain shots going through my cancer treatments.  And now once again, I am floating on a cloud every time I give myself a shot.

• 3 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, Cyndee said:

Good Morning Amy, what you describe in your post I also experienced on injection day (few hours later), just a glow, a good feeling, or enhanced feeling of well being. I used IM for my E for well over 6 years and it was quite effective, and economical delivery method to use. I've switched to E patches this year however as I am getting older and my girl puberty is pretty much done now (at least what my Dr said), I just put on my new E patch this morning and it does not take long to "feel it".

Glowingly

Cyndee -

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, Cyndee said:

Good Morning Amy, what you describe in your post I also experienced on injection day (few hours later), just a glow, a good feeling, or enhanced feeling of well being. I used IM for my E for well over 6 years and it was quite effective, and economical delivery method to use. I've switched to E patches this year however as I am getting older and my girl puberty is pretty much done now (at least what my Dr said), I just put on my new E patch this morning and it does not take long to "feel it".

Glowingly

Cyndee -

• Forum Moderator

When I used patches I put them on my tummy.  I no longer use them.  Today I do daily a daily spray often a shower.  I don’t get a rush but I’m happier than I’ve ever been.  

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I put them on my tush.  I alternate left then right each time I change them.  I read you want them on a place that is not too lean.  I tried on my tummy and inside my thigh.  Either would work.  The instruction pamphlet will provide some instructions as to where and how to prep the area.

Cheers

Jani 

Just now, Jani said:

I put them on my tush.  I alternate left then right each time I change them.  I read you want them on a place that is not too lean.  I tried on my tummy and inside my thigh.  Either would work.  The instruction pamphlet will provide some instructions as to where and how to prep the area.

Cheers

Jani 

• Forum Moderator

It depends upon the type/brand you are prescribed.  Mine are 7 day patches but there are 3 day ones available also.  They come in differing doses (i.e. .025, .05 and 0.1mg/day) and as prescribed your doctor can mix sizes to get the dosage needed.   I like the seven day ones as I only have to deal with them once a week.  I change out on Saturday mornings.

I change mine twice a week. I would assume that will be diffrent to your own personal regime as will be discussed and  agreed with your health proffesional or therapist

• Forum Moderator
On 5/17/2019 at 7:21 AM, Cyndee said:

Glowingly

Cyndee -

I was running low on E on certain days, I could feel it using just the one patch, I have since gone back to giving myself injections for now, I will be discussing this with my Dr here soon. Perhaps she can up the patch script, i really do prefer not having to stick myself, patches are just so much easier.

C -

Over the last few years I've done a lot of research into HRT for Trans women. I'm on injections, Estradiol Valerate. My Endo okayed the dose I told him I was on. I split my weekly dose in half and do a shot on Monday evening and Friday morning. My levels stay fairly regular. I just feel "normal" all the time now. I no longer have the mood swings that low E bring on. I'm much happier, all the time now. I have a good supply on EV, enough to last me a year or more. And I get my refill every chance I get. I'm stocking up, do I can make it through a shortage, if there's another one.

• 1 month later...

My Endocrinologist suggested injections until i started whimpering about needles (mind you in this case I'm pretty sure it's something I would over quickly and just do it), so she suggested patches. I've heard or read that patches aren't as effective as injections, but reading the thread it seems this may not be the case and most ladies have been successful.?

I've had great success on the patch as well as a topical jel. These kinds of applications are much safer in terms of potential DVT problems. I'd wear one on one side of my bum and alternate sides each week. Only sometimes the skin around them itches a bit at times.

• Forum Moderator

I've had very nice results with patches too.  If you are active you may want to cover them  with a clear bandage material.  I only experienced itching for a short while until my body got used to them.  Now I have no issues ever. 

43 minutes ago, Jani said:

I've had very nice results with patches too.  If you are active you may want to cover them  with a clear bandage material.  I only experienced itching for a short while until my body got used to them.  Now I have no issues ever. 

are they not water or sweat proof

• Forum Moderator

Yes they are but I am a lean (skinny) person and as I stretched and moved about they would invariably pull and the edges would lift.  Plus I like to wear tight fitting clothing when possible.  I've worn them so long like this, now I don't think about it.  

• Forum Moderator

I may well go to the use of patches before long.  It seems few if any insurance companies cover the spray i've used for years.  It was once covered but seemingly no longer.  Creams seem very expensive as well but at least are partially covered.  I may well go back on patches.  Coronary artery disease makes the risk of clotting very hazardous for me so topical delivery is ny only route.  It has been effective so i have no complaints.

Hugs,

Charlize

14 hours ago, Mahaney said:

are they not water or sweat proof

Buy a roll of surgical tape at your local pharmacy, it will keep them in place under any circumstances.