• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dev

Participant Request: Minority Parents of Trans Children

Dev

Hello, parents!

The University of Texas at Austin is searching for parents of trans kids of color to answer questions regarding their experience.  Instructions for participating, if you're interested, are below.

We are a team of minority researchers at The University of Texas at Austin who would like to learn more about the experience of parents who have transgender or gender-expansive children who are racial/ethnic minorities. The purpose of this study is to gain a better understanding of the emotional processes, unique stressors, sources of resilience, and healthcare needs of families of color and parents of transgender and/or gender diverse children.

You qualify to participate if you (a) are a parent of an ethnic/racial minority transgender/gender diverse child or adolescent who is an ethnic/racial minority (e.g., African American/black, Latinx, Asian, Middle Eastern, Native American, Multiracial); and (b) are at least 18 years old.

You will be asked to take part in an in-person, telephone, or Skype individual interview lasting about 30 to 60 minutes. If you are interested in sharing your story, please contact Sarah Arango at

The email address to contact is in the image below, to prevent the spambots from seizing it.

Screenshot from 2019-05-16 13-07-46.png

Dev

Comment for the widget.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list)

• Janae
    • Petra Jane
    • D'vorah
    • Robin.C
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

carlly
    Newest Member
    carlly

1. -Lucky_Deity-
      -Lucky_Deity-
      (23 years old)
    2. Violet_R
      Violet_R
      (24 years old)
    • Mia Marie
      congrats on getting your labs. don't be surprised if it takes longer than a week to get your scripts done so you can start taking your hrt. I got my labs done last week and it has been over a week and I still havent heard from my doctor on her assessment of my results. still hoping I can get my hrt before my next doc appointment.
    • Susan R
      Don’t worry @Sandra6sandy9sand. I can’t wait to get my ballot in the ballot box.  We need some real change and fast. The saying...If you don’t vote, you can’t complain...is so true. Let’s get out there and do it!   Susan R🌷
    • Kylara Anne Bagwell
      Sorry for the latent response here I knew I had read it before but I could not for the life of me remember where I had read it. How do I start a blog? Where do I go to do this...
    • Lexi C
      Hey Mex We all do that. Jackie is right it dose  take a lot of confidence and courage to wake up and be happy with you.  I know that sounds like some stupid Hallmark bull, but 2 yr ago i was ready to end it. I get the bills the booze  and wrote out a will. I took the bills drank the booze. Had the craziest nightmare. The next day i did not die,, i piss off. But it gave me some hope. Today i still get depress but not as bad and i stop judge myself against other CIS. Just head down , work save,  continue to fight  medical for my surgeries and work out.   Be safe, be proud and be happy being you            
    • KayC
      Congratulations, Emily! on your commitment to self improvement and the opportunity for compassionate service to your fellow human beings. You've made a great choice.  Now, go and get it❣️
    • KayC
      That's a great post @Sandra6sandy9sand!  thank you for sharing your thoughts and connecting with what I am sure many of us are feeling. Regardless of our personal situations or differences, if somebody cannot see how interconnected we are by Covid and societies problems then they are truly lost.  This is actually a great opportunity for a fundamental change in America's "constitution" and direction (i.e., America's social conscious and morality ... not the actual Constitution... I agree it hasn't changed)   VOTE 2020❣️  
    • KayC
      That's a great attitude Leah, and that you have been able to settle into a comfortable place.   I see the value of therapy for myself (and others here I assume) as helping us to find our inner voice and start to live truly as we feel we should.  Its difficult to sometimes deal with the negative feelings as we may try to convince ourselves that the path to our journey should follow societies expectations. I hate labels, I hate the idea that we are somehow required to declare/come out, but I also know that's the reality that society places on us. YES!  I agree❣️❣️❣️  
    • Andrea Jean
      My name was simple the female form of Andrew and used my moms middle name to honor her...
    • MomTGDaughter
      My daughter is a little shy about her transition. First of all, after nearly 5 months, she looks like a girl and hard to distinguish otherwise, especially at her young age. How did it workout for you or your daughter? School is not going to start right away in person, however it will be online and he name is very feminine. The school faculty has been updated about her new status, but the students don't know as of yet. I appreciate you sharing your experiences so I can better prepare her. 
    • HollyNoel
      OK so here might be a fun question for everyone.   After you started presenting as either a woman or man, have you ever either dated someone you knew, like a guy friend or a girl friend, or have you been hit on buy someone you knew? I would love to know if transitioning changed the friend dynamic or made old friends think differently about you. You don't have to respond and you don't have to get specific with any details. I'm just curious if old friends see you as a completely different person after your transition.
    • TransMex
      I compare the way I look with how other women look a lot. That's practically all I do all day at this point. I want to look like them.
    • HollyNoel
      Bri2020, I wish you luck, just know that what ever happens, you have us to get support from.. Did you like the duct tape hair removal thing.. lol
    • HollyNoel
      I had my first gender therapy session last Tuesday. I told her thatb I've always known that I was a girl fron the youngest age and that I wished I could have switched places with my sister. I told her that when I finally told my mom I felt like a giant crushing weight had been lifted off my chest. At this point in my life I feel I'm ready to have the surgery but I know they want to make sure I'm sure thats what I really want. I feel that that is the best course of action. I may feel I'm ready but I haven't even lived as a woman yet. Though I still feel I'm ready. I wont regret having it. Been a dream of mine since I was 12.
    • Bri2020
      I'm in the hair removal process anyways so.....     Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Lots to think about.
    • Jani
      Good for you!  👏  Thanks for getting involved. 
  • Upcoming Events