• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

An Accidental Compliment

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I attended a luncheon today with a group of fellow museum docents.  Among the three others who were within earshot, we started talking about places in the world we have visited or would like to visit.  Talk landed on Africa.  I mentioned to my colleagues that there were an increasing number of places in Africa, the Middle East, Europe and Asia where someone like me has to think twice about going, because of personal safety issues.  All my friends have long known I am trans, so they knew what I was talking about.

Two of my friends, almost simultaneously, blurted out, "But how would anyone even know!?"  The others agreed with that sentiment.  That immediate response, honest and heartfelt, was the best compliment they could have paid me, without even realizing they had done it.  I don;'t know if they are right, and it won't stop me from worrying about the issue, but I sure left me feeling good about myself and the company I keep.  With supportive friends like that, how can I go wrong?

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator
12 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

I sure left me feeling good about myself and the company I keep.  With supportive friends like that, how can I go wrong?

Great for you!  This kind of validation is wonderful as it comes across as being honest.  

Jani