• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Orchiectomy preparations

Ellora

Hi! As some of you already know, I will be having an Orchie on June 6th.

Recommended items for recovery period  are frozen peas/ ice packs, “jock strap” (blech, haven’t had one since I played football in 9th grade), “whitey tighties” ( double ugh, I’ve never ever liked those things.) 

Does anyone recommend a particular type of Jock strap? Or are they all the same? Should I get men’s briefs, or compression shorts? 

Any and all all suggestions are welcome, Thank you!!

• Admin

All of them will do the same for you and you stand a small but real chance of some blood stains on them, so the cheaper ones are fine.  I would suggest that you add in a supply of women's sanitary pads to put inside the strap or pants against the skin as well.  The biggest use is to hold stuff up against your body comfortably for a day or six.  A friend of mine had hers done a year ago and I help transport her to and from the clinic and since she could walk and drive after the anesthetic had worn off, I did some "nursing by phone" for a couple of days.  Smart and Final has some "Ice cube packs" that are refreezeable ice cubes in plastic that worked well for her wrapped in a clean wash cloth. .They advertise they can be used for sports injuries which often involve the tween legs area.

• Admin

No specific recs from me, Ellora, other than this:  don't stress out.  Follow the advice of the medical staff, but don't overthink it.  If yours goes like mine did, you'll be fine without a bunch of "stuff" to wear, ice, soak or squeeze.  But I wouldn't have the peas for dinner, if I was you.  ?

Carolyn Marie

@VickySGV Thank you for the great advice!! Exactly what I wanted to know! Oh good, I don’t have to purchase $$$ those extra fancy jock straps ?. I would rather spend that money on some new Thongs I am waiting to buy after the Orchie ?  They mentioned to put some extra padding, and I was wondering “what a sock?” But the women’s pad is great! 

Thank you!!! ?

44 minutes ago, Carolyn Marie said:

No specific recs from me, Ellora, other than this:  don't stress out.  Follow the advice of the medical staff, but don't overthink it.  If yours goes like mine did, you'll be fine without a bunch of "stuff" to wear, ice, soak or squeeze.  But I wouldn't have the peas for dinner, if I was you.  ?

Carolyn Marie

Hi! I’m probably going to wear everything just to be sure. It will give me comfort . Yes, I am mostly working my way through having to be put under, not that I would want to be awake, but anesthesia problems some people have had, it is a bit on my mind. I’ll be ok, it’s just something I will get through. This is something I’ve been waiting for, fooooooooooreeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr. ? 

I just wore my regular panties. They gave me a pair to put on and then mine on top when we left. It’s to keep things from moving around. Laying down for me was the most comfortable for a couple of days. 

Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Rachael said:

I just wore my regular panties. They gave me a pair to put on and then mine on top when we left. It’s to keep things from moving around. Laying down for me was the most comfortable for a couple of days. 

Good luck. 

Hi! Thank you !! How did it feel when you stood up after you were laying down for a bit? I will definitely be staying off my feet as much as I can, I do not want any unnecessary swelling to occur. ?

When I stand up I move some, then sit up for a few seconds then stand up. 

As far as the surgery it was not bad. I only took Tylenol I did not like what they prescribed. The pain wasn’t to bad move easy and be careful and things will go well. 

Good luck. 

@Rachael Thank you!  I am going to be extra careful. I want to heal as soon as possible so I can enjoy walking around, sitting, standing, and just being without those things. ? I hope it goes as well as yours did. Thank you for the tips! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 105 Guests (See full list)

• Mmindy
    • Markianor
    • April Marie
    • Petra Jane