• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
Astrid

Passing

Astrid

Passing

I have passed so many milestones
On this journey of identity.

Past the Marker of Questioning,
Past the Pillar of Denial;
Like Sisyphus, I've carried the Rock of Depression

Up the steep Hill of Doubt,

Only to watch it roll back down
Past countless milestones countless times.
But I like to think that my rock is reduced in size now,
That the progress from my journey has eroded it. 
Though, even if I set it down, its shadow is always present.

So here I rest in my journey just now,
At the Marker of Non-Binary.  
Do I stop and build my home here?
Or do I pass on, and keep searching 
...if...
I am meant to be in a different place?

It is a curious place of mind, this Non-Binaryness.
A place where Passing has no place --
Not when I am somewhere in the Spectrum of Gender Identity,
Not when I am past being male, and yet not female.
A place where Passing as Me
Makes all the sense in the world to Me, but
Makes little sense to others who Do Not Understand.

I have passed so many milestones
On this journey of identity.

And I can't wait to see what's over the next hill.

Cyndee

Just passing by to say I liked your post.

Have a nice day

C -

Astrid

Thanks for your kind words, Cyndee!

Astrid

Jennifer T

Well elucidated! 🙂

Astrid

Thanks, Jennifer!

:goodbad:

Astrid

Alex C

yates would of be proud..congrates

Kirsten

@Astrid that’s beautiful. ❤️

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 163 Guests (See full list)

• J.Ryan
    • Mickey
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Max R.
    Newest Member
    Max R.

1. 2bealady
      2bealady
      (91 years old)
    • SaraAW
      I tear up at just about anything even remotely sad. Even some sad music can get the water works going. I’m okay with it though. Feels good to be stretching my emotional range. 
    • Debra Michelle
      Found out my nephew Nick came out as genderfluid and mom accepted it.Asked him where he got his advice and told her from me.She told me thank you.My cousin Lewis,he did take it well too and is glad I helped out with advice.They both noticed he loved dressing as the opposite gender for a long time.14 years old and wants to dress as Nicole.
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I cry at the ending scene in LOTR-Return of the King.  When he sees Arwin.  And it continues when he kneels before the four hobits and tells them “you kneel for no one”.   I lost it before now I’m a wreck.  Lol
    • MaryMary
      The other I watched a documentary on elementary particules and physics and I cried loll
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I freakin cry over commercials!   Movies and TV series with sad or tear jerking scenes plow me right under.  My wife laughs at me so much over this.   I admit I like the freedom to do so now.  I don’t have to hold it in or hide it anymore.   😭😢😉
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I think you are doing great with your makeup.  I’m very inexperienced but it looks really good to be.   It amazes me that there are still places that still are homophobic.   It’s a bit out of your way but the University of Vermont is extremely tolerant and supportive toward LBGTQ and the pay well too.  Vermont is a wonderful place to transition so we will take you!!!  
    • KathyLauren
      I always used to tear up watching emotional movies.  Now I do so even more.  The nice thing is that I no longer have to feel self-conscious about it.
    • Donnie_1961
      Ready for work. Y'all have a good night.   Be Safe. Be Smart
    • Jackie C.
      Well that sucks. Hopefully you can find another way forward. I don't know what the situation is in Arkansas, but here it's legal to discriminate against trans people. Our colleges are pretty tolerant though. May you find an employer that doesn't suffer from recto-cranial inversion.   Hugs!
    • Dearhart
      Well, I finally got the talk by my principal due to two calls from unidentified females voicing concerns about me wearing makeup while giving GED tests. He said he personally doesn't care how I choose to express myself. But with attendance being as low as it is, he really doesn't want to create any more variables that might threaten the school's budgetary futures by pushing away new or current students.    I knew it was coming, but I let myself think it'd be much further down the line. Yeah, it hurts, and yes, I'm doing what I've taught myself not to ruminate and spiral back into depression. But dang it...I was finally feeling happy about myself. Oh, well....just keep repeating "progress isn't always linear". 
    • Susan R
      I always tear up at the end of the movie, “Far and Away”.  The ending pulls on my heartstrings in a happy way.  But recently my wife and I watched “Boy Meets Girl” and for whatever the reason...it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I had a good cry even though it was probably not the most realistic plot line for a movie.   Susan R🌷   LOL, I noticed I had already mentioned “Far and Away” in a previous post on this same thread back in Oct.  oh well!  It’s hard to keep track of all the posts I make.
    • Donnie_1961
      Well, I've bathed and applied a generous amount of baby powder to prevent chaffing....now it's time to put the rest of me on. Weight gain to me is putting all that silicon back on. Weight loss is taking it off at the end of the day. What HELL we girls put ourselves through just to look nice. Go figure?   Be safe. Be Smart. You've gotta be STRONG to carry ON. (An extra 20 pounds? Thank god I didn't opt for a ridiculously  bigger cup size, or butt size.)
    • Markjvp
      so far no movies has made me cry at least not fully cry but some has made some tears come out
    • Donnie_1961
      Work with what you've got. And if you don't GOT then go out and BUY IT!   Be safe. Be Smart.
    • Dearhart
      That's one of the government's reasons for not putting an X marker on passports, but mostly "it'll cost too much to implement those changes" which is demonstrably incorrect. But personally, I would assume that's just one of the many considerations the individual should make when planning international travel. Some places are hostile, others (like Saudi Arabia) reportedly refuse entry to anyone with an X marker on their passport. So, that's kinda convenient, I guess? Incidentally, I've done some investigating since reading and posting this, and it seems that if your state's drivers license permits an X marker, then your Real ID will, too.  But I know that there are some people with a severe enough level of dysphoria or emotional triggers that having a gender marker on an ID that's different from how they identify/present will cause distress or out them as trans. So, as it stands, it's probably just a trade-off that the individual will have to make for themselves. 
  • Upcoming Events