• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Orchiectomy is DONE!!!

Ellora

4 hours ago, Ellora said:

@DawnD, You're welcome, Some places do require people "to be at a certain point" in their lives, when considering surgery, but not as far along as SRS usually requires. If you are considering GRS/SRS, then an Orchiectomy definitely helps the process. An Orchie shows everyone how serious you are, and that you have already took a major step towards that Goal. The Doctors and therapists mentioned this. It is not a requirement, but it definitely leaves less doubt. 

Your'e welcome again! 

If I start down the transition path, which is what I want, it would be to get to SRS/GRS. To me the greatest hurtle is getting started. I do like how an Orchiectomy would get me there with less drugs/hormones as I wouldn't be fighting the two mistakes between my legs for control over my body. I hate taking medication, I will when necessary but I am not a fan. I will be considering this...

Thanks again

Dawn

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ellora

• DawnD

• Charlize

• Blair

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, DawnD said:

If I start down the transition path, which is what I want, it would be to get to SRS/GRS. To me the greatest hurtle is getting started. I do like how an Orchiectomy would get me there with less drugs/hormones as I wouldn't be fighting the two mistakes between my legs for control over my body. I hate taking medication, I will when necessary but I am not a fan. I will be considering this...

Thanks again

Dawn

Hi! I hope you get exactly what you want! I first started out thinking a vaginoplasty was the only way I could do the SRS/GRS, and it wasn’t until later, when I began going to a Center to ask about HRT, and this website. I then emailed my Dr and asked about an Orchie, and she was totally down with it. I made an appointment to get it all “rolling.”

My point is, it is good that you are doing research, research, and more research. Don’t rush, even tho it may seem like it was a rush for me, I had been researching for quite a bit, and I was just extremely fortunate, that one of my Doctor’s Specialties is With Transgender community, So we had/have a rapport that helped a lot. Take your time when it comes to the “big decisions .“ Then once’s it’s done, you should feel better afterwards.

you're welcome again! 

Four days later, I lay here pondering about my surgery. I’m am sooooo happy that I actually did it! I’m still wearing my athletic supporter with extra padding. I’m also wear some pink yoga shorts to help with keeping everything in place, and regular shorts when I leave the house. Too bulky to me to just wear the yoga shorts. 

I haven’t had the need for an Vicodin, and I’ve been taking Tylenol 8 when the soreness is more than I would like. I don’t feel any soreness atm, or when I walked to go to the restroom. Well, I spoke too soon. One of the twins accidentally kicked me 5inches above my “area.” It didn’t hurt hurt, more surprised me if anything. Now the area is sore, but no real pain. And of course I left my Tylenol at my place. So I am now sitting back with frozen peas cooling off the “area.” I will be heading back to my soon, so all should be well.

As I was about to say, I will be continuing to wear the athletic supporter and extra padding for as long as needed, I do not want any set backs if possible.

Congratulations on your orchid'! And sorry I don't say anything earlier, think I might be a bit jelly <.<

I'm considering one, but I'm being patient about it (or trying to be anyway). I haven't began the formalities yet. And I'm too busy for the sit down/heal time right now (I work as a mover, and desperately need the money). 

I have a question. Do/can they remove they remove the scrotum too? If not, what happens to it? Does it retract, or does it just hang there all empty? Sorry if it's kinda a gross question, but I just have to know what to expect and can't find any info on it. Thanks. 

~Toni

Just now, ToniTone said:

Congratulations on your orchid'! And sorry I don't say anything earlier, think I might be a bit jelly <.<

I'm considering one, but I'm being patient about it (or trying to be anyway). I haven't began the formalities yet. And I'm too busy for the sit down/heal time right now (I work as a mover, and desperately need the money). 

I have a question. Do/can they remove they remove the scrotum too? If not, what happens to it? Does it retract, or does it just hang there all empty? Sorry if it's kinda a gross question, but I just have to know what to expect and can't find any info on it. Thanks. 

~Toni

Thank you!! No worries, I understand what you mean. ?

If you are a mover or depend on a job that requires lifting, you are correct,  DO NOT have an Orchiectomy. You wont be able to or be recommended to lift anything for weeeeeks. After a while you will but Nothing in the beginning for sure.

It depends on if you are thinking of continuing with a SRS/GRS. If you might want to SRS/GRS, then they will leave certain "extras" like scrotal skin, so they can use the extra skin when they form the rest of our Lady Bits. That said, I will have some skin showing, due to gravity. Some of the 'tubes' can hang down a little, but not like before. In fact, Mine. atm, look like the air has been let out, So I am actually really happy about what i saw so far, because 1. the area is Not swollen and filled with blood or excess fluid. 2. they are GONE! I knew there would be some swelling, so I am happy there is minimal so far Squuueeeee! 

I made this post so I could share my feelings and experiences, to get it out, But mostly so Others will be able to read and ask about My Experience. I know I was here and on the web trying to find stuff. Ask any question, and you can always DM me if you feel more comfy being discreet?

you're welcome!

Thank you! I'm happy for you! It must be a relief. I know that feeling, I've listlessly wanted them gone my whole life. It's especially bothersome since i generally sit cross-legged and lady-like all the time, they get uncomfortable. 

In general it feels good to be transitioning though, finally getting to be who we really are! ❤️

~Toni

My Dr Wrote back and said she would like the check my labs, and likely decrease the Spironolactone then go from there. I see her tomorrow, and will update what we talked about here. 

Another note, Even though I have padding in my athletic supporter, to help with the void and gravity, I don’t feel like I have those yucky things there anymore. I can at least notice that during the healing process. Arg! I can’t wait until I can remove it and try on my other thongs! 

8 hours ago, ToniTone said:

Thank you! I'm happy for you! It must be a relief. I know that feeling, I've listlessly wanted them gone my whole life. It's especially bothersome since i generally sit cross-legged and lady-like all the time, they get uncomfortable. 

In general it feels good to be transitioning though, finally getting to be who we really are! ❤️

~Toni

You’re welcome and thank you! It is a huge relief, and in so many ways. They are gross, they look gross, feel gross. I seriously laughed when I looked at them all deflated looking, ? ?. It was a relieved laugh. I can’t wait to see what it will all look like when I try on some panties, skirts and shorts. I know there will be a difference, but I’m hoping I will be able to wear clothes, especially skirts, with out any noticeable ruffles, ?.

For everyone waiting, be patient, baby steps and positive energy helps. Enjoy your journey. I wish I would have started decades ago, but I’m very happy I am doing it now. I’m just very fortunate I live in an area, and have the doctors will and able to help me. 

More thoughts, right now, I’m getting emotional (happy feelings), I can’t feel anything there, yes, I know that’s the way it’s supposed to feel, I guess it’s just that it feels more like that every day, especially when there hasn’t been any type of soreness for a while. 

I had a great three month check up, my Dr wants to see what my T numbers are before she takes me off spiro, more than likely it has dropped, but she wants to wait and see first. We talked about progesterone, and she added it to my Lady regimen. I won’t have to see her for another three months now. 

Im scheduled for a post op Orchie check up on the 21st. 

Happy times!

• 3 months later...

I had a bilateral orchiectomy about fifteen years ago at Providence Medical Center in Portland, Or. The urology surgeon performed it in his own office operating room. He gave me a local mid-way between the navel and the penis, then ten minutes later it must have been a square needle in the scrotum *Ouch!* The nurse held my little ding-dong out of the way of the surgeon's laser knife as he removed both testes from a single incision followed up by a couple of dissolving stitches. Total elapsed time 45 minutes. Bye fellas! Bought some big bags of frozen peas, took an oxycodone and a friend drove me home .