• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ellora

My Orchiectomy is DONE!!!

Ellora

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

i checked in at 8:30am, went to the prep room for Vitals and IV. Dr Woo stopped by around 10:30am to inform me there was going to be an hour delay due to other things backing everything up, they took me to the recovery room at around 11:15 am ish to start the checklist and meet the anesthesiologists, my nurse, and start the iv drip, and finish the “paperwork.” Dr Woo came back to tell me a head nurse was having issues with something else needed to be signed, and since it wasn’t already signed they weren’t going to approve the procedure yet, and had to wait another 24 days for the surgery. Dr Woo told me he was going to go back and tell them to get the paperwork, and he was going to do the Orchiectomy today after it was going to be signed. 😊

The anesthesiologists came back and told me they were going to take me to the OR and do as much as they could, until the paperwork was signed, and then they would start shortly afterwards.Dr Woo came back with the paperwork, I signed it, they gave me the anesthesia, and I went out almost immediately, 😂 

I wake up about an hour and a hour later, waking up, done, with the anesthesiologists and others standing around me smiling!! 

Everything went very well barely any “pain,” it was more like a soreness kinda feeling, but nothing bad at all. I was a tiny bit goofy from the anesthesia, but pretty much awake and able to get up and everything. They told me as soon as I can go to the bathroom, I could get ready to leave. So, in about 5 mins, I told him I was ready, I had to walk around for a min or so cause it was occupied, then I went in and emptied. Walked back, made some more phone calls to my ride. 

I changed into my clothes, oh, and they put on a hospital issued athletic supporter while I was still under after the Orchie, lol, plus some “padding” for support, 😂. I headed down to the in hospital pharmacy for my meds, and headed out to be picked up!!!

Im at my friends house, relaxing, about to put the frozen peas back on the area, watching cable, and making this post!!!

i am sooooooooo Happy right now, and being extra careful with everything. I would rather be extra cautious, so I can heal as quickly as possible.

A HUGE thank you to all of TransPulse for all of the support and kind words!! Trust me, it really really helps!!

Love to everyone!!! 💜💜💜💜💜💜

Astrid

Wonderful new, Ellora!  And so happy that the procedure (other than the paperwork, lol) went smoothly.

Enviously (maybe someday for me....),

Astrid

VickySGV

Now on the road to a more you like life!!  The stuff we have to go through though.

DawnD

Congratulations... another step closer... if you don't mind me asking what is the purpose of a Orchiectomy? I know it's removing your testicles which reduces hormone meds, but why do that separately from the big SRS surgery? I am curious?

Dawn

Rachael

Congratulations. Glad to hear things went well . 

Kamarka

Congratulations, and rest up!

Carolyn Marie

Big Congrats, Ellora!!!  I'm so glad for you that its done and it went well and you're not in pain.  You'll be back to business in no time at all.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Ellora
23 minutes ago, Astrid said:

Wonderful new, Ellora!  And so happy that the procedure (other than the paperwork, lol) went smoothly.

Enviously (maybe someday for me....),

Astrid

Thank you!! And Thank you again!! Haha, Dr Woo and the others were rolling their eyes at the paperwork fiasco, 😂. It really helped when Dr Woo 

put his foot down and said he was going to do it anyway, and not wait for 24 days. He really stood up for me 😊. ️ For Dr Woo and my anesthesiologists!!

Do it when you are ready, and until then, try to enjoy life when you can. Baby steps, and good planning are always a good thing. 

Ellora
2 hours ago, VickySGV said:

Now on the road to a more you like life!!  The stuff we have to go through though.

Yay! It’s almost surreal, now I can’t wait until I can take this darn athletic supporter off, 😂, but it’s worth it. 

You said it Sister! No pain, no gain tho

Ellora
2 hours ago, DawnD said:

Congratulations... another step closer... if you don't mind me asking what is the purpose of a Orchiectomy? I know it's removing your testicles which reduces hormone meds, but why do that separately from the big SRS surgery? I am curious?

Dawn

Thank you! 

The purpose for me, is the timing. First, my parents need my help in many different ways at the moment. A vaginoplasty wouldn’t allow me to help them for waaaay too long of a period of time. 

Having An Orchiectomy, allows me to be back on my feet right away. Sure, I can’t lift anything heavy for several weeks, but I can go to the store for my mom and dad, go visit them, take them to doctors visits, etc...

With an Orchie, the boy parts won’t be making T, I could get off The 🚫T pills , which is better for the body. 

Having an Orchie lessens the trauma to my body, allows it to heal, then when I do the vaginoplasty, the healing process will take less time. Still a big deal, just less.

Having an Orchiectomy, makes me feel great, cause I a man doing something, something still very big to me. Getting rid of those disgusting deformities, means the world to me. I have been waiting for this moment since they dropped. Plus I can wear more Thongs! 😂The ugly uggs won’t create that horrible bulge down there. Sweaty summers will be more tolerable. It won’t hurt as much getting kicked, bumped, sat on ... I can go on.....

Amberlea

Fantastic Ellora, I'm so happy for you!

(I go on the waiting list next week for mine... Yay)

Ellora
1 hour ago, Rachael said:

Congratulations. Glad to hear things went well . 

Thank you!! 💜

Ellora
33 minutes ago, Kamarka said:

Congratulations, and rest up!

Thank you! I’ve been relaxing on the bed most of the evening, getting up and walking around bits at a time to help the healing process. 

Ellora
2 minutes ago, Carolyn Marie said:

Big Congrats, Ellora!!!  I'm so glad for you that its done and it went well and you're not in pain.  You'll be back to business in no time at all.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Thank you Carolyn!!! Thank you, I’m soooo glad too! It was weird how quickly the anesthesia worked, 😂 I was out like nothing I’ve experienced, 😂. Then it was done, 😝. I havent had to take one V yet for pain, The athletic supporter and frozen peas have done the trick so far. That doesn’t mean I won’t take one yet, I might be able to just take some Tylenol, maybe 😂

I was surprised how fast and easy it was to walk around afterwards. I was expecting more discomfort, but Very glad I haven’t felt more than a mild soreness in one tiny spot.  The mild soreness is all but gone now. I’m still going to be extra careful. I would like to heal as quickly as possible. 

Ellora
Just now, Amberlea said:

Fantastic Ellora, I'm so happy for you!

(I go on the waiting list next week for mine... Yay)

Thank you!! The feeling is incredible. 

( Yay is Right!! That’s wonderful!! Is the list long? Is there a projected date? Now I’m happy for you!)

tracy_j

Congratulations Ellora!

Continue the good recovery 😊

Tracy

DawnD

Thank you for the explanation

Blair

Awesome! Congrats Ellora! 

Glad the pain was minimal and that your recovery is going well ^ . ^ 

Hooray! 😊

Ellora
4 hours ago, tracy_j said:

Congratulations Ellora!

Continue the good recovery 😊

Tracy

Thank you!!

Thank you! 😊

Ellora
1 hour ago, DawnD said:

Thank you for the explanation

You’re welcome , I hope that helped? 

Ellora
Just now, Blair said:

Awesome! Congrats Ellora! 

Glad the pain was minimal and that your recovery is going well ^ . ^ 

Hooray! 😊

TyTy @Blair!! 

Thank you again! The Tylenol8 seems to working through the night, and a little help from Mother Nature 😉 😉, oh and ICE! 😂 😂 

😊!

Charlize

Try to be a good girl and relax.  That was hard for me but i was good for a change.  I'm glad you are not too uncomfortable.  I found that as well.  It was simply wonderful to know that i didn't need blockers any more!

Hugs,

Charlize

Cyndee

Congratulations Ellora !! may the healing go well. 

Hugs

Cynthia -

Ellora
Just now, Charlize said:

Try to be a good girl and relax.  That was hard for me but i was good for a change.  I'm glad you are not too uncomfortable.  I found that as well.  It was simply wonderful to know that i didn't need blockers any more!

Hugs,

Charlize

Hi! I am going to relax the heck out of this 😂, I want it to heal fast, especially cause it’s hard to explain to two little princess they cannot get flying leaping hugs, or let them jump on the bed that I’m relaxing on, 😂.  They understand why, but the look in their eyes say they still want to do it . 

Being extra careful is helping a lot , and ice, which reminds me, I need to grab some more ice, mine has melted over night, 😝 

Yes! With good time if, I will, be seeing my Primary Doctor on the 11th, so hopefully she will allow me to come off of it, but I don’t know if she’s will want to wait until she can see my T count first or not. I’m sure she will make some changes on the 11th or closely after. 

How soon after, did you notice the drop in T in your system to be affected by the change, in your body and your count? 

=Hugs=

lauraincolumbia

Congratulations on the successful surgery!  Anytime you get general anesthesia and wake up, it's something to celebrate!

Hope you heal well!