Jump to content
  • Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

    We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ellora

My Orchiectomy is DONE!!!

Recommended Posts

Ellora
Just now, Cyndee said:

Congratulations Ellora !! may the healing go well. 

 

Hugs

 

Cynthia -

Thank you! And Thank you again!

 

=Hugs=

Share this post


Link to post
Charlize

I've forgotten how soon my numbers dropped but i remember Dr McGinn who did my procedure told me to quit Spiro right away.  I do my HRT through her clinic the Papillion Center.  There was a time when she was considering adding a bit of T because my levels were so low around 0.  

 

Hugs,

 

Charlize

Share this post


Link to post
Ellora
Just now, lauraincolumbia said:

Congratulations on the successful surgery!  Anytime you get general anesthesia and wake up, it's something to celebrate!

Hope you heal well!

Thank you! I know right!?! That was actually my greatest fear going into this procedure. The day before, my anxiety spiked, and it took me practically the whole day to convince myself everything will be ok. Weird enough, my anxiety fully went away after I was waiting for my IV to be put in. Crazy how quickly it happens after the anesthesia was given 😂 

now I lay here waiting until Roberto’s opens, so I can go get a breakfast burrito when they open at 8am, oh and some coffee at 💰,😊.

thank you again!

Share this post


Link to post
Jani

Congratulations!  Rest well. 

 

Jani

Share this post


Link to post
Kirsten

Really awesome Ellora!! Another huge milestone! I’m so happy that it went well. And NO MORE SPIRO!!! That’s a day I can’t wait to see. 

 

Now I hope you were at least a little fresh to everyone when you woke up. #freepass! I’ve only been put out once but when I woke up I was on fire! Had the whole office in stitches. Too bad it wears off so fast. Lol. 

 

Anyways, Congrats hun! ❤️❤️

And feel better soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Ellora
4 hours ago, Charlize said:

I've forgotten how soon my numbers dropped but i remember Dr McGinn who did my procedure told me to quit Spiro right away.  I do my HRT through her clinic the Papillion Center.  There was a time when she was considering adding a bit of T because my levels were so low around 0.  

 

Hugs,

 

Charlize

Thank you!! I just sent a message to my Dr asking if I should stop now or wait until I see her on the 11th.

I can’t wait for the visit, so we can talk about The Lady Meds 😊, hopefully increasing my E and anything else that might help 😝

 

=Hugs=

Share this post


Link to post
Ellora
2 hours ago, Jani said:

Congratulations!  Rest well. 

 

Jani

Thank you!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Ellora
10 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Really awesome Ellora!! Another huge milestone! I’m so happy that it went well. And NO MORE SPIRO!!! That’s a day I can’t wait to see. 

 

Now I hope you were at least a little fresh to everyone when you woke up. #freepass! I’ve only been put out once but when I woke up I was on fire! Had the whole office in stitches. Too bad it wears off so fast. Lol. 

 

Anyways, Congrats hun! ❤️❤️

And feel better soon. 

Thank you!! I hope you get all your wishes granted!! 

 

Apparently, having my hair up makes me look younger, so I had that working for me 😂  I hope the “on fire” meant you were goofy and not in pain, 😬. The loopiness only lasted a little bit. 

i havent had more than soreness, the ice and Tylenol have been working for me, so I’m grateful for that.

ps, the soreness has increased, so more icing on the cake 😂 

 

thank NK you and Thank you some more! 💜💜

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Kirsten

Any time hun 😉

now go heat up some peas for dang sake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Ellora
Just now, Kirsten said:

Any time hun 😉

now go heat up some peas for dang sake. 

Haha! Good idea actually, I’ve progressed to a zip locked bag of crushed ice. I woke up this morning with melted mushy peas on my Lady area 😆 

Share this post


Link to post
Ellora

I need to go get my phone charger, but I’m soooo comfy in the position I’m  sitting in right now, 😂 and the charger is sooo far away in the next room, 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Astrid
11 minutes ago, Ellora said:

I need to go get my phone charger, but I’m soooo comfy in the position I’m  sitting in right now, 😂 and the charger is sooo far away in the next room, 😂

 

Sending you a Large Magnet so you can retrieve your charger without moving <grin>

 

Astrid

Share this post


Link to post
Ellora
Just now, Astrid said:

 

Sending you a Large Magnet so you can retrieve your charger without moving <grin>

 

Astrid

Yay! Thank you! It just arrived, and all is well now! Tyty! 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Josie Beth

Really happy for you! Can’t wait for my own!

Share this post


Link to post
Ellora
Just now, Josie Beth said:

Really happy for you! Can’t wait for my own!

Thank you! I can’t wait for your own too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Janae

Hi Ellora,

 

So happy to hear things went well!.  Thank you for sharing your journey.  I meant to check-in with you yesterday and lost track of the days. 

Big hugs ♥️

 

Janae

Share this post


Link to post
Ellora
Just now, Janae said:

Hi Ellora,

 

So happy to hear things went well!.  Thank you for sharing your journey.  I meant to check-in with you yesterday and lost track of the days. 

Big hugs ♥️

 

Janae

Hi Janae! 

 

Thank you! You’re welcome, I shared cause I know how it has helped me when I read everyone else’s stories, plus it helps when I talk about it all. No worries, I’ve been losing track of days too 😉

 

=Big Hugs= 💜

Share this post


Link to post
Amberlea
On 6/7/2019 at 6:34 PM, Ellora said:

Thank you!! The feeling is incredible. 

( Yay is Right!! That’s wonderful!! Is the list long? Is there a projected date? Now I’m happy for you!)

Hi Ellora

Yes the list is long, currently 160, and the rate is 14 per year! (This is for reasignment though, an orchi alone should be a bit quicker, I hope!) Our government is working on it though having just budgeted NZ$3million for reasignment surgery's, So a step in the right direction....

 Thanks for the good wishes

Amberlea

Share this post


Link to post
Ellora
1 hour ago, Amberlea said:

Hi Ellora

Yes the list is long, currently 160, and the rate is 14 per year! (This is for reasignment though, an orchi alone should be a bit quicker, I hope!) Our government is working on it though having just budgeted NZ$3million for reasignment surgery's, So a step in the right direction....

 Thanks for the good wishes

Amberlea

Hi Amberlea,

Ahh, I didn’t know it worked that way there. I’m glad that you are on the list, as long as it may be, You are on it! Progress is the best! If you can get an Orchie while you are still on the list, then that would be great! Either way, I hope that you remain happy and hopeful! 

You're welcome! 

Share this post


Link to post
Blair
23 hours ago, Ellora said:

TyTy @Blair!! 

Thank you again! The Tylenol8 seems to working through the night, and a little help from Mother Nature 😉 😉, oh and ICE! 😂 😂 

😊!

 

You welcomes 😊

 

Haha i see. Awesome the Tyenol helps and yeah, ICE was my friend too XD

Share this post


Link to post
DawnD

Hey Ellora,

 

Hope you are recovering from your surgery well. One question for you is what do you have to qualify for a surgery like this? Standard for recieving it? Thanks Dawn

Share this post


Link to post
Ellora
Just now, DawnD said:

Hey Ellora,

 

Hope you are recovering from your surgery well. One question for you is what do you have to qualify for a surgery like this? Standard for recieving it? Thanks Dawn

Hey @DawnD,

 

Thank you!, I feel that I am doing well. I am less sore each day. Soreness has been manageable with Tylenol, ice, rest and walking a little.

Gender Dysphoria seems to be the biggy in this. My primary Doctor and my Urologists and the questionnaires they gave, were centered around GD. A close second was understanding that Sterilization will be the result of a bilateral Orchiectomy.

The Hospital i was having the procedure, Really wanted to make sure I understood the sterilization part. So much in fact, i almost didn't have the procedure done that day. As I mentioned earlier, the Hospital put a temporary halt to the surgery when a certain paper wasn't signed prior to the surgery, and I would have had to wait 24 days, if it wasn't for DrWoo, the urologists, making a stand for me. He knew how i felt, and I fully understood. The hospital had an issue with the reversal i had done to my vasectomy years ago. 

There were meetings and lots of questions, and information given. I accepted it all, cause it is the process.

 

Your Standard might be a little different, depending on what Is required where you Live, but you get the idea. I  hope this helps, and you can always ask more questions, I know how helpful it is when I can talk about this. 

 

You are welcome, Ellora.

Share this post


Link to post
Ellora
22 hours ago, Blair said:

 

You welcomes 😊

 

Haha i see. Awesome the Tyenol helps and yeah, ICE was my friend too XD

😊🤗

❄️= 😛 .

 

😘💜

Share this post


Link to post
DawnD
6 minutes ago, Ellora said:

Hey @DawnD,

 

Thank you!, I feel that I am doing well. I am less sore each day. Soreness has been manageable with Tylenol, ice, rest and walking a little.

Gender Dysphoria seems to be the biggy in this. My primary Doctor and my Urologists and the questionnaires they gave, were centered around GD. A close second was understanding that Sterilization will be the result of a bilateral Orchiectomy.

The Hospital i was having the procedure, Really wanted to make sure I understood the sterilization part. So much in fact, i almost didn't have the procedure done that day. As I mentioned earlier, the Hospital put a temporary halt to the surgery when a certain paper wasn't signed prior to the surgery, and I would have had to wait 24 days, if it wasn't for DrWoo, the urologists, making a stand for me. He knew how i felt, and I fully understood. The hospital had an issue with the reversal i had done to my vasectomy years ago. 

There were meetings and lots of questions, and information given. I accepted it all, cause it is the process.

 

Your Standard might be a little different, depending on what Is required where you Live, but you get the idea. I  hope this helps, and you can always ask more questions, I know how helpful it is when I can talk about this. 

 

You are welcome, Ellora.

 

Thanks until you mentioned you were getting this done it wasn't even on my radar as part of the transition process. I do see some benefit in it base on what I read. I am in a read, learn, and get healthy mode as my first step to making decisions. I was under the impression that it was similar to srs, where you would have to reach a certain point to get a major surgery like this. Like SRS requires a certain amount of time living as a woman and taking hormones, letters from DRS, etc. 

Thanks

Dawn

Share this post


Link to post
Ellora

@DawnD, You're welcome, Some places do require people "to be at a certain point" in their lives, when considering surgery, but not as far along as SRS usually requires. If you are considering GRS/SRS, then an Orchiectomy definitely helps the process. An Orchie shows everyone how serious you are, and that you have already took a major step towards that Goal. The Doctors and therapists mentioned this. It is not a requirement, but it definitely leaves less doubt. 

Your'e welcome again! 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 82 Guests (See full list)

    • Carolyn Marie
    • MaryEllen
    • Cyndee
    • tapeleg42
    • KathyLauren
    • Susan R
    • A. Dillon
  • Topics With Zero Replies

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      69,753
    • Total Posts
      630,432
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      6,104
    • Most Online
      8,356

    KathyLauren
    Newest Member
    KathyLauren
    Joined
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. KathrynJulia
      KathrynJulia
      (65 years old)
    2. Michelle 2010
      Michelle 2010
      (10 years old)
    3. Shiratori
      Shiratori
      (48 years old)
    4. woahshutitdown
      woahshutitdown
      (29 years old)
  • Posts

    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, Kathy!  I'm glad you found us.  Congrats on the success you've had on your journey to womanhood, especially the fact that your marriage will continue on and your wife is supportive.  That is not as common as we all would like to see.  I share a love of the stars and space, and have a pretty nice telescope, too, although I don't take it out much lately.  It's a great hobby.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • tapeleg42
      I've been hemming and hawing over my gender identity for about a year now, unsure if my feelings aren't about being trans but just some misplaced projection of my other issues.  But the fact is I would slam that button so hard.  Plus, whenever I get so overwhelmed and frustrated with my own doubt gremlins I always end up thinking, "This would be so much easier if I had just been born a female."  I still have things to work out with my therapist, but those two notions are pretty strong signs, I think.
    • SaraAW
      I’m pretty sure I’ve grown too big (not physically, as I was and am already a tall gal) to be shoved back into the tiny closet I escaped from. In all seriousness, I would not want to. If it was a matter of life and death, I might be able to hide for awhile, but I don’t think I’d survive doing it for too long, now that I have started to see me and the world through my true eyes. 
    • KathyLauren
      Years ago, long before I seriously considered that I might be trans, I wondered what name I would use if I was a woman.  (Hello, can you say "head in the sand" or what?)  I decided that transitioning my signature was important to me, so I wanted something that would look similar to my old signature.  My boy name was Keith, so I decided that Kathy was the obvious choice.   When it came time to pick a new name for real, that seemed as good a name as any.  I picked Lauren as my middle name for similar reasons: it was a feminine version of my male middle name.  When I announced my transition and my name choice to my brothers, they had no trouble figuring out where the names came from.   My wife suggested several names to me, but her choices were terrible!   I just couldn't see myself using them.  Anyway, my legal name change is done, and I feel like a Kathy.
    • KathyLauren
      RCAF* from 1973 to 1982.  I was a pilot / flying instructor, flying the Tutor jet.   *While I was a member, it wasn't called the RCAF, but they have since fixed that.
    • Jackie C.
      Yeah, you don't really want a "smooth operator" vibe anyway. Those guys tend to be walking garbage fires. Most guys, especially when they're young, are pretty clueless about flirting. Honestly, it's cute.   Comfort levels with people have a lot to do with it too. Different members of the couple are allowed to have different levels of flirting. For example, I will say things to Susan that make her give me a look that says, "Is there even a word for what's wrong with you?" As another example, I was at the chiropractor. I'd been seeing them for a few months at that point and felt comfortable joking around with the doctor and the technician. The tech had me in a spine extender. Basically a tight jacket around your ribs and another around your pelvis. So he puts on the one for my ribs and asks, "Is that too much?" I raised my voice an octave, got all breathy and answered, "Harder daddy!" He couldn't look at me for the rest of the visit. There's probably something wrong with me.   The point being that your new friend sounds more comfortable around you than you are around him. Maybe a little more extroverted too. That's not a criticism, some of my best friends are like that. They have a minimal filter and they're comfortable around me. Enjoy it! You'll loosen up as your relationship deepens and you get to know each other better. A good partnership covers for each other's weak spots and builds on each other's strengths.   Seriously, I am positively giddy for you.   Hugs!
    • KathyLauren
      Having doubts is a normal part of this process.  Whenever doubts arise, I just ask myself if I could go back.  The answer is a resounding no.   I have never been suicidal, fortunately.  But when I thought about how it would feel to have to live the rest of my life as the male that I thought I was, I can see how such thoughts could arise.  The very idea filled me with horror.  It was that thought that motivated me to come out to my wife in the first place, and that thought that kept my going when I had doubts.  Luckily, the doubts get fewer the further I go.
    • Jackie C.
      Welcome to the community KathyLauren! Happy to meet you.   I had a similar experience with my spouse. That was a very difficult conversation to initiate, but our relationship has been so much closer since. Of everyone in my life, she was the person I most wanted to be authentic with. She finally got to meet the "real me" in 2018 and we're still very much in love. Once you have that, everything else is secondary. There is no challenge I cannot surmount if my spouse has my back.   I had... closer to 95% acceptance. I've got one family member who isn't accepting, but for the most part the rest of my friends and family have been great. From listening to other people's stories here, I imagine it depends a lot on your community. Fortunately, I live in a good one.   So yeah, feel free to look around and ask questions, that's what we're here for.   Hugs!
    • Jani
      I think Robert is still looking!     Talk about a genre shifting song from a band known for blues.  Those were the days.
    • Jani
      Greetings and welcome Milly!  I'm glad you have joined us.  Have fun.   Jani
    • Jani
      Greetings Kathy!  Welcome.  I think you'll find this to be a warm and friendly group to converse with.  Please join in! Cheers, Jani
    • Cyndee
      Welcome Kathy, you are among friends here  Having a supportive wife is such a plus, very happy for you !   March 11 will be here before you know it !!    Hugs   Cynthia 
    • KathyLauren
      Hi.  I have just joined.   I am a 65 year old trans woman.  I always wondered if I might be trans, but I always managed to talk myself out of it.  Until five years ago.    I came out first to my wife.  That was a difficult conversation to initiate - it took me six months to get up the nerve - but it went well.  She has stayed with me and supported me through my transition.   I started HRT three years ago, and went full-time, a few months later.  The last couple of years, I have been on waiting lists for GRS.  It's coming down to the wire now: I am scheduled for surgery on March 11th.   My experience has been all good.  My neighbours, the other members of the volunteer fire department, and strangers are all willing to accept me as the woman that I am.    I am retired, which certainly simplified the experience of coming out.  My main hobby is astrophotography: taking pictures of stars and galaxies.
    • TammyAnne
      Happy good morning to all. Will be thinking of you with upcoming surgery. My coffee is almost done, so I'll be heading to the studio shortly. Wishing everyone a wonderful day! TA
    • TammyAnne
      Very well put. It's sometimes described as "being comfortable in your own skin". Just be relaxed and interested. TA
  • Upcoming Events

×
×
  • Create New...