• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Becoming normalized

DawnD

Noticed an interesting phenomenon.

So I have be wearing panties 24/7 for several months now. I am not out or transitioning yet. At first the fact that I was wearing them was a complete turn on. I have been noticing recently I don't even think about them, it's just normal. Its actually weird on the rare ocation I need to wear male underwear. This is just fascinating, anyone else experience This?

Dawn

Thanks girls, to me the fact that this feels normal to me make me feel validated that my feelings about being a woman are genuine. I am also starting to feel the same way with some of other things in private. However since I am not out yet there is a little air of danger wearing them(Dresses, legging, etc.), due to the risk of getting caught.  Granted I am on a third floor and the possibility  seeing thru the blinds are remote. 

It's funny I actually was looking at one pair and thinking these are super comfy and I should get more of them. 

Dawn

It does become normal or a non turn on after a while still I found it important as I was going along and not at the point of transitioning yet. It validated who I am and that was and still is a life saver.

As much as I like my girl Jean's I like taking them off when I get home.

Cheers Rachel

1 hour ago, RACHEL GIA said:

As much as I like my girl Jean's I like taking them off when I get home.

I like to joke about how most girls can't wait to take their bras off when they get home, and I can't wait to get home and put one on. I imagine if I do end up transitioning and grow some breasts, my relationship with my bra might change. ...?

I hear you Marcie.  How anyone could really think of them than anything other than an instument of torture is beyond me.

Going back to the original post.

Its all down to conditioning. From the moment we are able to understand the concept of Morals and so called normality we are told. You cant do this and this is what you should be doing it is imprinted on our brains. A human code of conduct if you like.

Useing extremes. as an example. We are imprinted that Murder is bad. Stealing is bad. etc etc. We accept that it is without question Which it is for sure. (Theres one of my moral codes) as im sure 99.9% of the population of the world also.

So when we see on the news someone has been murdered regardless of who and circumstances. We all feel this is not how a normal society should behave and the indivdual responsible should be punished for there actions. If you do not then its considered to be immoral and engaging in wrong think.. With that example. Going back to a man not wearing Male underwear. Its not considered normal as it has been part of our conditioning that men do not wear frills and lace underwear. So if you openly say "hey i wear ladies panties" then people look upon you as strange Because this is not a social norm and should be shunned or frowned upon. Because thats our conditioning.

You say Its now feels strange if you was to consider yourself wearing mens underwear. because you have broke your own little Programming. All those years you was told this is wrong and because you have continully broke that moral rule you was given its now become normal for you to do so.

However i do ask the question. How far has your own binary code been broken? Do you now say openly with your freinds or piers. " I do not wear mens underwear anymore. Its Girl Pants all the way for me now"

Do you feel you would be judged by there moral code if you did so? Because of there understanding and binary interpretations of good and bad. Do you feel or know you would be ridiculed or shunned because of it?

I would just like to say. That I to judge this as a bit of a strange fetish. Just wearing ladies panties.  But I do not judge to the point of casting damation on you. If  I knew you and you said it to me I wouldnt bat an eyelid. But in reality i would say to myself "Thats a bit strange but who am i to judge" Because thats my conditioning to think of it as odd. Not my fault Its the fault of all of those who i learned from and anyone i have had contact with in my life.  Should this ever change its only with my own binary code being changed by influences from outside. If overnight. Half the population of the world decide to shout from the highest mountain and tallest steeple "Hey we wear ladie pants and  proud of it" Would that change my attidude? I think it would as this action then becomes normal to do so. Therefore rewrites my beliefs. Anything that is regarded as normal can be changed. An example is smoking. Once upon a time Smoking was regarded as a very fashonable and normal thing to do. But now its regarded as Disgusting and bad by many Even now smokers are hearded into little sheds far away from everyone else. because it is seen as a nasty habit and wrong . We have now been conditioned that this is so.

• Forum Moderator

Yes I agree! I have noticed that normal varies quite a bit between different communities.

I remember the initial excitement of say wearing a bra, but nowadays I feel naked without it when out and about even though I do not really need it. It does feel strange now to wear some male attire and, apart from trousers for some dirty jobs, seldom do.

Tracy

1 hour ago, tracy_j said:

Yes I agree! I have noticed that normal varies quite a bit between different communities.

I remember the initial excitement of say wearing a bra, but nowadays I feel naked without it when out and about even though I do not really need it. It does feel strange now to wear some male attire and, apart from trousers for some dirty jobs, seldom do.

Tracy

I’ve always feel weird wearing boy clothing, but now so much more than ever. When I was a kid, I had to wear boy clothes, but now, it’s a choice. If I wear women’s clothes in public, society can have issues, and yes, I would be “coming out,” but it’s still a choice. A choice that can hold heavy consequences. I could still do it, since the place I live in normalizes LGBTQ life, but I would be limited beyond this area. The excitement of wearing women’s underwear in public, has turned to a normal feelings, cause I guess I’ve been do It a while,  and it’s now a normal, and not so much a “treat.” 

Todays norm, can be as fluid as the people around us. Of course, there are places stuck in the prehistoric era, but I don’t live there, and it’s a choice to visit places like that. 

Wearing clothing that makes yourself feel good isn’t weird, it shouldn’t, what should make us feel weird, is wearing clothes that make us feel weird. Imo. As long at is doesn’t hurt us or others, do think anything of it. Just always be aware there are crazy people out there , and it doesn’t always matter who you are, they are just plain crazy. 

• Forum Moderator
20 hours ago, Ellora said:

I’ve always feel weird wearing boy clothing,

I don't think it felt wierd as such wearing boy clothing, perhaps more uncomfortable as if nothing fitted. I never really had issue with the differences in clothing but was never allowed to have prettier clothes or bright colours. I loved the time when flourescent colours were in for males as I had brightly coloured trousers and socks. That was the first time I openly wore female clothing as I had some lemon yellow cords which my sister no longer wanted. Funnily their gender was never raised amongst friends or family even though the fittings were the other way round so it was obvious and sometimes made me nervous.

As for the crazy people, I have been in some strange places and met people who, in other situations, I wouldn't relax easily with but the just plain crazy ones are unpredictable and can be dangerous to anyone.

Tracy

For sure everything becomes normalized. Because it becomes routine. And your routine is normal. At least to you. Even if it’s not “normal” by societies standard it surely can be to you. 

Most of the physical appearance stuff was pretty normalized for me before I started my transition. I’ve had no sexual effects from dressing for a long time.  I was wearing women’s clothes daily for at least a year before hrt. I hadn't owned more than 1 pair of men’s undies in like the last 7 years. And I wore balconette style bra most days too. (At least in the cooler months.) 

But once I came out and started dressing fully every day, it was once again not normal. I was waking up an hour earlier so I had time for getting an outfit together, makeup, hair, and all of that stuff. It was exciting. And different. But even that has worn off now. Now it’s a chore.

Now I yearn for the day when I don’t need any makeup or anything like that to go to work. ??‍♀️  Oh and every day I can’t wait to shed the damned bra! There is nothing fun about bras when they’re required. Lol. 

• Forum Moderator

I wore a bra for a long time after going full time.  This winter i stopped.  My gals don't seem to mind a bit of bounce and if my nipples protrude though my shirt slightly it doesn't bother me.  I'm comfy.  Being 71years old with breasts still relatively new and pert i'm not worried about long term sagging.  In my 90's, if i make it,  i'm sure i won't care much.

Hugs,

Charlize 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 99 Guests (See full list)

• KathyLauren
    • Quillian
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Lorelei
    • Petra Jane
    • violet r
    • April Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Quillian
    Newest Member
    Quillian

1. 777fleetleader777
      777fleetleader777
      (21 years old)
    2. ArinHallm3
      ArinHallm3
      (18 years old)
    3. ITakMyTime
      ITakMyTime
      (70 years old)
    4. Jess31
      Jess31
      (40 years old)
    5. Natalie71645
      Natalie71645
      (39 years old)
    • April Marie
      What an amazing life you've shared with your wife. I can understand the trepidation you had at telling her at that point in your relationship but it certainly saved all of the guilt, the questioning and the secrecy that would have filled your lives had you not.   I'm on the other end of the spectrum having denied and buried my truth for decades and fast approaching 50 years of marriage when the dysphoria and depression finally came to critical mass and I unloaded it all on a New Year's Day morning. As you might imagine, it led to a lot of questions, of questioning everything, of anger and hurt on my wife's part. Guilt, embarrassment, fear...and anything else you can imagine on my part.   Thankfully, our love for each other has always been the foundation of our relationship and, ultimately, we both agreed that staying together was what we both wanted. It was a tough year but, now into the 2d since my coming out, we've hit our stride and are exploring this new norm in our life.   I do so love your blog.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Will be at my place
    • Vidanjali
      Congratulations on your new family member!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I thought I would try my version of this. Changes in bold.   I am Transgender.  Sometimes it is remote, sometimes close. Sometimes I am euphoric, sometimes depressed. It is something I cannot get away from and cannot welcome enough. I see some things both ways that neither men as men see or women as women see.  I can be gentle and compassionate and hard as nails. I was born with male genitals but a female heart   I have my heart.  Whatever it is. When I look at a female, I wish I looked like her  Depends on the woman.  When I look at a male, I wish I did not look like him   Ditto. I envy female movements, softness, behaviors, appearances, fashion...EVERYTHING Female Depends. Sometimes I get angry at them because women spend time and energy in ways men don't.  It is not necessarily bad.  I could do without the gossip. Not all women gossip.  Excessive focus on fashion is something I find annoying. And expensive. I tolerate all things male out of social obligation...not because I feel like a man or because it makes me happy....but because that's what I was forced to believe was my only choice....beginning in early childhood. Sometimes it is helpful to put on the Iron Man suit and act accordingly.  But I have seen some tough women. When I look at myself in the mirror in only bra and panties...I can see my nude female body...and it makes me smile and feel amazing and warm inside....yet sad because that is not my reality. I could go either way, mostly. Really.  In tests in the last two years technicians have gone really quiet when they see how little body and leg hair I have.  I looked at myself this morning.  Remove a few clues and a girl is standing there. When I look at myself in the mirror in only boxers...I can see my nude male body and it saddens me deeply and makes me feel sick and depressed...and at times...even ashamed....Because this IS my reality. At this point I am not going to do that. In the mood I am in I might break the mirror. My true gender does not influence my sexual interests or preferences...or change who I am....in any form or fashion. Gender identity is in no way connected to anything sexually related on any level.  Not sure I want to make that statement so categorically. Life as a male leaves me with a feeling that something is off...that something is missing...that something is not as it should have been.   Well put. The idea of having to continue living as a male...as someone I am not...for the rest of my life...even if its only part time...causes great sadness and anxiety within myself. I've got priorities beyond this that this must fit into. The idea of living as the girl I am and always have been on a full time basis...regardless of where I am, what I am doing or who I am around...brings me great joy, happiness and a sense of peace within myself.  Would be neat. Looking like and living as a girl makes me smile.   Would be neat.  There are downsides.  Looking like and living as a guy makes me sad.   I have had lots of practice accepting this. I am Transgender....I am a girl
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      Good listener, respect them, and show sympathy/empathy, even just being there
    • Ashley0616
      Getting dog today he's potty trained
    • Sally Stone
      Think positively, Ashley.  I have no doubt you'll find your king or queen at some point.   Hugs,   Sally
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Bob had the night off from teaching kara-tay and they planned to spend a lot of it at Cabaret.   Once in, Taylor waited for her man to park and looked around.  There was a sign "Mary, Paul and Peter LIVE tonight" and, sure enough, three microphones were standing in the open area.  A new hostess came up to her. "Are you alone?" "Oh, no.  He's coming." Taylor was led to a table. Bob was there in a minute and managed to get in there and seat her.  She smiled. "The act will be along in a few minutes. And Congratulations! I am SO EXCITED!!" Taylor responded to his look. "I got promoted." "To what?" "Head of Marketing." "You're kidding." "Nope.  It seems the Board finally woke up to the fact that the China cash cow may come to an end and they need to do something. Did you know that the VPs on up all get over a million dollars in compensation without really doing anything?" "No." "I am supposed to figure out how to re-energize over thirty acres of factory that have laid idle for forty years or more." "Why don't they do it?" She whispered,"the head of production is the son of the previous head of production. He has never produced anything."  She explained that everything was made in China and exported back to the US and sold under different brand names. "How am I going to find someone?" He smiled. "Congratulations. Sounds like a problem.  Hey, today we were talking about problems at our Philly plant.  One, it was built before World War 2. Second the city and state are tightening regulations and the tax structure is adverse.  Third, we get protestors every day, some of whom break into the factory.  People are talking about relocating." "We are forty miles from an interstate." "That is a plus.  Makes it harder for protestors to find us if we moved here." "You are really thinking that?" "I am, right now. I can't speak for the company.  I know there is a rail line." "Spur, actually, with several sidings.  The buildings are in good shape." "Do you have about five acres we could look at? How about if I take some pictures and send them off?" "Great.  And protestors would not be tolerated in Millville.  The factory area once upon a time was the main employer and people are very protective." Two weeks later she was in Philadelphia with Gibson and a few others.  The deal was signed and by end of summer ten acres, with an option on another ten, were being upgraded and equipment was coming in by rail. Not five, but ten.  She got a $20,000 bonus out of the blue.  The company was flush with Chinese cash that they didn't know what to do with. She was developing plans. But back to dinner.  "Did I tell you what they are paying me?" "No." She told him. "That is more than I am making." "You don't sound happy." "It takes some getting used to.  You are Management and Croesus combined." "Yeah. Is this a problem?" "No.  As I said, it takes some getting used to."  The musicians arrived and were introduced: three local teenagers in Peter Paul and Mary clothing and wigs like it was the 60s.  They began singing. "They are good," she said. "They are lip-synching." "They are good at lip-synching." They listened for a while. "Work is going to be intense for a while." "I'll bet." "I won't be able to talk to you about some of it." "I bet." They had a good evening.   The high point for Bob was that she let him put his hand on hers.  The high point for her was Bob did not seem threatened by her now being Management and making more than he did with a Masters. She didn't tell him she was likely to be in on the distribution of money the Chinese sent every year to keep them fat and happy.  But she had to finish up that report, so the evening ended early.  He drove her home, checked her apartment for people and again walked away hearing her lock the door three times.  She didn't say it, but he knew she was going to have a long talk with her therapist as well.   Her therapist was a night owl.  
    • Ashley0616
      envy: painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage obsolete : MALICE : an object of envious notice or feeling
    • MaeBe
      I sit back and think, am I this person? I definitely argue, but with the willingness to alter my opinion if I find that my information is lacking. So, no? I also don't go pointing fingers in faces like a crazed person, usually I am the one to argue with that kind of person; typically because they can't see past emotion and have little concern for actual facts. Sometimes it's sport that I do this (ENTP, baby!), but usually it comes from a place of trying to inform and shift opinion--or at least get them to actually obtain facts or get their facts from objective sources.
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
    • MaeBe
      How exciting! Have a glorious evening!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.