• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Father's Day card

Jani

• Forum Moderator

I bought and mailed a Father's Day card to my dad last week.  He's still a pretty good guy.

I saw this card that given the circumstances I thought was pretty funny, although he might not have seen the humor as I did.  ...No I didn't buy this one. 

Jani

outside.jpg.38d713c4b4d3e78051996170bc68953d.jpg   inside.jpg.371861d8b74e93b1c3c50a082fbe70ec.jpg

• Forum Moderator

@Jani That is the cutest Father's Day card!  I absolutely love it.  I'd be surprised if your Dad doesn't get at least a chuckle after reading it.  Good find, Jani.

That is a very cute card.  Like the ending.

For myself,, I am not celebrating father's day.  Have tried for a year to talk to my dad and stepdad since I came out and they just ignore me and want nothing to do with me.  So I am passing on father's day.  Both my dad's know how to contact me if they choose to.  I am just leaving it up to them.

• Forum Moderator

That is a really cute card Jani. If my dad was still with us i'd love to give it to him.

I doubt i'll get a card from my son or grandkids.  My wife gets the mother's day cards as she should.  I do feel a twinge of jealousy.  Now that i've transitioned my being a father seems awkward to my family.  

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Charlize said:

My wife gets the mother's day cards as she should.  I do feel a twinge of jealousy.  Now that i've transitioned my being a father seems awkward to my family.

Me also.  I am still a parent though!  

Cute card, ?. I haven’t come out yet, so Fathers Day will be the same. My biological kids will be taking me to brunch tomorrow and in the afternoon I will be celebrating again with my friends 4yr old twins that call me daddy. 

Even after I come out, I won’t stop them if they want to continue to celebrate Father’s Day, I personally won’t tell the, not to, cause I became their father/ daddy since they were born, and if they want to celebrate that with love, then by all means I will not stop the love. By choice or not,  Mothers take on the “father/ daddy roles” when there is an “absence.,” and after the divorce, it didn’t change my title, nor didnt stop the twins from calling me daddy after they found out who their biological father was last week. So by choice, I will not try any change the title I have , even after I come out or fully transition.   Then after, if they want to change something, we can discuss it and see where it takes us. I want All of what is happening to be as easy as possible to everyone in my family. I don’t want it to be painful if possible. Nobody really does, but that’s how I would like this to happen if possible.