• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Puppy and cat

Hi I’m new here

Puppy and cat

Hi I just wondered into this site and am pretty new to it, I was born as a male but I identify as female. I came out last year and life is been pretty boring 

Carolyn Marie

Welcome to Trans Pulse, hon.  Glad you found us, and I hope you find this place not as boring as life.  ;)   We'll be around for questions, or just to listen to some venting if you've got any to do.  I look forward to hearing more from you.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Jani

I know it may sound scary but have you looked into any trans support groups within driving distance? I think you would find them worthwhile.

Jani

Ellora
9 hours ago, Puppy and cat said:

Hi I just wondered into this site and am pretty new to it, I was born as a male but I identify as female. I came out last year and life is been pretty boring 

Congratulations on coming out! I still need to do that on a bigger spectrum.

whenypu say that life has been pretty boring, do you mean that you were expecting everything to be more exciting? Or has life just been boring in general?

Have you tried to go out as a female, or maybe check local LGBTQ organizations? It probably won’t be too boring if you check them out. 

Puppy and cat

Before I came out, about 2 years ago a friend showed me a local group that. I’ve Been going to, they meet every once in 2 weeks so leaving anything between that to happen 

Puppy and cat
8 minutes ago, Jani said:

I know it may sound scary but have you looked into any trans support groups within driving distance? I think you would find them worthwhile.

Jani

Before I came out, about 2 years ago a friend showed me a local group that. I’ve Been going to, they meet every once in 2 weeks.

Puppy and cat
Just now, Ellora said:

Congratulations on coming out! I still need to do that on a bigger spectrum.

whenypu say that life has been pretty boring, do you mean that you were expecting everything to be more exciting? Or has life just been boring in general?

Have you tried to go out as a female, or maybe check local LGBTQ organizations? It probably won’t be too boring if you check them out. 

Not much as this summer as they isn’t much to do in the town I live in, I don’t have a car so i mostly rely on my parents to take me anywhere 

Ellora
26 minutes ago, Puppy and cat said:

Not much as this summer as they isn’t much to do in the town I live in, I don’t have a car so i mostly rely on my parents to take me anywhere 

Ah, gotcha. I hope that we can help keep your boredom down a bit.  If you able to DL “Discord” and you feel comfortable talking online, TP has online meetings. I have never tried it, but I want to try it. 

A lot of my friends moved north several years ago, and I miss them dearly. I used to have a group and we did everything. I’m an extroverted Introvert. While I can go out and meet people with no issues,  being an introvert can hold me back from nothingness with all that social nonsense starting all over. 

Anyhoo... I hope that the boredom gets better. 

Puppy and cat
1 hour ago, Ellora said:

Ah, gotcha. I hope that we can help keep your boredom down a bit.  If you able to DL “Discord” and you feel comfortable talking online, TP has online meetings. I have never tried it, but I want to try it. 

A lot of my friends moved north several years ago, and I miss them dearly. I used to have a group and we did everything. I’m an extroverted Introvert. While I can go out and meet people with no issues,  being an introvert can hold me back from nothingness with all that social nonsense starting all over. 

Anyhoo... I hope that the boredom gets better. 

Thank you and sorry to hear you still got a lot of other friends right

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 81 Guests (See full list)

• Becoming Jordan
    • Sydneyblue
    • Robin.C
    • Wichita
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sam S
    Newest Member
    Sam S

1. gennee
      gennee
      (72 years old)
    • Wichita
      Not sure if I’m in the right section or not, but it’s hair-relayed, so I’m hoping do.   Has anyone noticed hair loss after starting spiro? I’ve been on the spiro/estradiol train for almost a month and I’ve noticed an increase in hairs making an “exit” from my head area.   I have debilitating OCD, and sometimes I tend to use a wet wipe, well, almost every where. After a quick couple of passes on my head (OCD sucks, I assure you) I’ve noticed there are hairs in the wet wipe afterward.    I don’t recall seeing this before I started HRT...and my OCD has been at its present level for 3 years.
    • Wichita
      How much was yours?
    • Lexi C
      I think there someone her on TP. who stop after a couple of years. I forget the handle. NOBi? or something like that
    • Lexi C
      OMG Totally do what Carolyn said and if he refuse to see you get a lawyer or at least talk to one. or tell your doc your getting one if he dose not see right away And what up with your general Doc. What a (Dick- Richard) move. I  would report him to the medical board. Jes your obviously in pain and he tells you to go F yrself Cause his/ she is afraid of a lawsuit...God this people make me sick..  Please take of yourself...Get a second opp and seek consul   
    • Carolyn Marie
      Just keep bugging your surgeon to take care of this, hon.  If you want you can ask for a second opinion, but please do so sooner rather than later   ((HUGS)).   Carolyn Marie
    • JustineM
      Well today...... did not help matters. Minor fender bender at the end of my route and a day full of people making “jokes”.  The really funny ones that involve walking up behind armed security and screaming “give me the f’n money” and lets “pretend like we are going g to grab the money bag and run away”.    To try and look on the bright side, I managed to maneuver to where the other car hit the front of my truck instead of the drivers door. And no one was hurt.    Im going to bed now, hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    • Cheyenne skye
      Recently I've been following a YouTuber who detransitioned after about a year and a half.  I wonder if anyone knows what was the longest a person had been transitioned for before realizing that they were better off as their birth gender? I imagine it would only take a year or two to come to this conclusion. But has anyone ever been transitioned for, say, 5 or even 10 years or more, before deciding to go back?
    • Lexi C
      I am in no way a tech person. I had several diff personalities website for my previous occupation, but once i quit that business I deleted all those acc. Frankly don't care if they re appear via some kind off black mail scam either. I have and always had only one FB acc filled only with the people that close to me. Thus when I was ready to tell everyone I just pull the band-aid off and came out on FB. I most say, I had 200 hundred close family and friend before i can out and now its down to like 150. I got some message saying how ungodly it was and a few older relatives that said they did not understand and a couple of what i thought where friend calling me a -awesome person-. But hey it would of taken me weeks and half of my sanity to call or em everyone. So i am happy with my choice.'  Good luck and as always, be safe, BE Proud and KICK ASS    
    • Astrid
      I came out as non-binary six months after retiring as a senior software engineer, but I can say that at my last company, for whom I worked 11 years, there were two MtF trans engineers.  They held their heads high, were proud but not loud (at least in the workplace), kept their private life private (as was/is entirely appropriate), worked hard, and were treated as equals by co-workers. So, yay!   With all the stress of deadlines, the need to continually keep learning in a fast-changing field, and constant peer review of your code, software engineers are generally very busy, smart cookies, but still are quite varied in their personalities and character.  It was kind of a bell curve, with a few who I wanted nothing to do with, most competent, and a few who were outstanding in many traits (not just coding).   A vital topic is:  how supportive is your company of trans and gender non-conforming people?  Do they quickly put a stop to discriminatory behavior by employees?  Do they provide gender-neutral restrooms?  Do they practice what HR preaches?   If the answers to the above questions are all Yes, then you've found a good place to work and an environment where you'll most likely be allowed to grow in your career.  However, I'll acknowledge that it can be hard to know the actual situation for some of these, as individual issues and cases usually remain private and are not discussed openly.   Regarding inclusivity, you're quite right -- females often must work harder to be heard at meetings, have their ideas championed by a manager, and so on.  It can be lonely!  Not long before I retired, I worked with a (brilliant, junior-grade) female engineer for several years who was based in India, and we developed a good working relationship and talked about our personal lives. She cried during one conversation, saying that I was one of the few engineers who was actually kind to her.  I was saddened to learn that that was the case.  I've certainly known plenty of engineers both male and female who, after years of internalizing the stresses, cash out and find a different career.  For me, it was a very interesting career, but one not without plenty of bumps along the way...and that's outside of gender issues.   Best of luck, Amber!   Hugs,   Astrid
    • Lexi C
      congrats Shay..I hope Medicare pan out!!
    • Lexi C
      Hey Sara Thanks i get it.. But maybe Kay is right. GOD THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!! Big hugs to you both Lexi
    • AcanOfBeans
      My general doctor refused to see me since this is related to a surgery and could be considered a complication of it. Got ahold of the nurse of my surgeon and she said it looks like an allergic reaction to the bio oil. It's been 7 days since I used the oil originally and started having the reaction, stopped having fluid drainage the other day and now am left with the worst hives I have ever had. From my shoulder, along the sides of my chest, and down to right above my belly button itches like hell. There is no infection but my body sure as hell did not like something in the bio oil.
    • ElizabethStar
      @WillowThank you.
    • Willow
      @ElizabethStar wow, that’s got to be difficult for you both.  I’ll put in a good thought for your wife and the surgeons.     Willow
    • SL
      I kept my old accounts and came out publicly on Instagram. I lost access to my facebook account a few years ago so that one won't be changed, but I feel like that'd be the most dangerous one to transition on because it's a lot more conservative than other platforms. Maybe it just seems that way because a lot of my family are vocal bigots, but I also feel like with how you can see what friends like you are more likely to be exposed to transphobes. I don't plan on making a new account because I was so tired of how gross my family is and never got on before they got political anyways. However, my experience with other platforms is generally support. A few people unfollowed me, but I'll take that over trolls any day. It's probably also different based on age group. I may make a coming out video for my parents to post on facebook for family, but I don't if it's even worth it.   The good thing about social media is you can block people. You may have a lot of people to block on facebook keeping your old account, but I feel like that could happen with a new account too. Facebook is just scary to me. 
  • Upcoming Events