• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

JulyG1

Hiding Clothes

JulyG1

So im quite young and have been wearing my mother's clothes for many years. I am finally buying a bra and some underwear for myself but I don't know where to hide it. Where are some of your hiding places?

Ellora

Our hiding spots might not work for other people. I always used hiding spots I knew my mom would not look during normal dirty clothes searching on wash days. Does you mom do extra searching for “contraband.” Are there places it would take a step stool to find your clothes. Loose floor boards in your closet or can you place furniture over said loose floor boards. 

Do not hid in places she can easy spot during an easy search. Test with with things that won’t get you in trouble, and place tape or other small objects on areas and see if they have been moved, including doors, drawers and furniture. Good luck! 

Susan R

I was the master at hiding ladies clothes when I was young.  I often took time to make custom places nearly impossible to see or locate.  We moved around a lot so I was always having to find new hiding places.  One of the best quick places I found useful for such things was the space under my dresser.  It was easy to remove the bottom drawer without making a sound.  I had it down to a science.  I kept mostly underwear,  bras and 2 thin nightgowns in two 'side by side' shirt boxes.  This was for my 'every night' attire.  One other place that worked well for me at one home was inside my box spring mattress.  I removed a few staples from the mesh covering underneath and used a tack to pin it back up when I was done accessing my clothes.  In order to keep the clothes from sagging down onto the mesh cloth covering, I used a piece of cardboard which was laid on top of the boards above the mesh.  My clothes were wrapped in plastic bags and rested on top of the cardboard.  You could look under my bed and not see a thing. 

I had other places that I kept dresses later in my youth but most locations required me to get them from one location earlier in the day then move them to my bedroom hiding spots in my closet.    My mother was a snooper so she did eventually locate the mother load of my clothes in my closet when I was 16 or 17 (that's another story).  My favorite location to store clothing long term was under our stairs which in one home was located right next to my bedroom door so it was convenient.

I hated all the secrecy but I had to be careful as my parents had a conniption when they caught me...and as I mentioned, they did.   My biggest fears were realized shortly thereafter.  It's painful just thinking about those moments.  I wish you the best but hope that someday this secrecy, like mine, will no longer affect you or be needed.

Susan R🌷

Pixie

If you have like tall cabinets or "built-in" units, there's often decorative trim/molding on top that creates a few inches of cover and from below this visually extends another inch or two- so you can fold stuff flat and lay a few things up above tall things and most ppl never think to look there. 

We had stuff stashed in an attic area that you could walk over to on the beams to get to the space, otherwise invisible cuz it was around a corner. As long as the insulation was pushed back into place to hide the beams, no one would ever think of walking back there- but that was kinda time consuming and NOT something we could get to easily or when ppl were in the house. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 96 Guests (See full list)

• SaraAW
    • BorderTerrierFan
    • DeeDee
    • KymmieL
    • Emily michelle
    • ElizabethStar
    • VickySGV
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

cybreraphael
    Newest Member
    cybreraphael

1. Dev
      Dev
    2. Katharina
      Katharina
      (39 years old)
    3. Nusta
      Nusta
      (16 years old)
    4. thtufus
      thtufus
      (70 years old)
    • SaraAW
      I have some good success with my therapist. She has told me to do anything. She asks me lots of questions to get me to think and look into myself for the answers, she gives me tools to work on for resilience and coping, but never tells me I have to use them, just here are some tools and tricks, try them if you want. If I do and they don’t work she provides me with different ones to try.  I feel in a way, I lead my sessions, she just provides some guidance to help me get where I want to go. I decide what we talk about each session, if I’m stuck, she throws a bunch of suggestions out, based on previous sessions and let’s me decide.    If after a couple sessions, you don’t feel a rapport building, I don’t see why you shouldn’t move on. We don’t click with everyone we meet, why should it be any different with a therapist. I got lucky with my therapist, found her on the first try, but I have changed GPs many times over the years, to make sure I had one I could be fully open with and that they seemed to truly care about my well being.  
    • Emily michelle
      It definitely helps it gets pretty complicated at times lol. She helps calm me down when I get frustrated with my makeup or hair.   Now that I think about it I was dropping a lot of hints, but I’m not hiding anymore and I just want to be me. I wore a bra because if I don’t know since the hormones have started my nipples would stand at attention (tmi lol). I also feel much more comfortable in a bra. I’m much happier now than than to back in the closet.   I really hope your wife comes around. I’m here if you ever need to talk to.
    • SaraAW
      Emily, I’m glad she’s helping you figure out the girl things. It always helps to have someone walk you through the things you might not fully understand. I’m fairly clueless myself on lots of things.   Wow, you were dropping lots of not so subtle hints to your parents, lol. I’m with you on the accept me or move on part. As I’ve started coming out to more people, something just started to click in me. My sister and my bestie are the last two I really care about either way, after that what happens happens. Definitely not changing for anyone, bad enough I’ve delayed a lot of things to give my wife enough time to try and adjust.     I’m also always available if you need a pair of friendly ears.    KayC, Thanks for the kind words. I find courage and inspiration in many folks here. It is always comforting (and sad at times) to know other people are going through similar experiences and that you’re not alone.    Hugs!
    • KymmieL
      Since I cut off my 2yrs of hair growth. I miss it. I know I could go with a wig until it grows back.   I was wondering about Hair extensions, Has anyone looked into it? Is there a minimum length your hair needs to be to get extensions? What is the aprox cost?   Thanks, everyone   Kymmie
    • Emily michelle
      Hi Sara! It has made life so much easier to have the support of my wife. After all I have no clue about being a girl. Im very sorry that your wife hasn’t been so accepting. I know how bad it makes me feel being misgendered. I really hope she does come around. Feel free to rant or talk I’m all ears.   Hi Susan to answer your question I was never able reveal my transition plans I was bombarded with questions and I was not able to tell them my plans. I have not mentioned anything about being transgender before. Intentionally I had my shoes and socks off while sitting on the deck. Since my wife was swimming. My mom mentioned that I have long hair, (haha I wish it was long) painted toenails, no beard, my underwear ( I’m curious about that one lol) my breasts, and I was wearing a women’s shirt. Hopefully they will be supportive but I’m not gonna change just to make them happy. I don’t want to sound mean but the can either accept there new daughter or move on.   Thank you Kay C. I can’t believe someone would want to follow me that makes me smile. I can guarantee you my wife hasn’t talked to my mother about it we have been avoiding them just because we were concerned about what they would think. I would assume they don’t really know what to think they don’t really know anything about transgender people. I’m hoping they come around more and I’d be happy to talk to them more about my transition plans and hopefully clue them in a little bit about us. My hope is to get them to become transgender allies, but I’m not changing to please them.
    • Chrysalis
      The Doors! I was 15 in '67 and doing the whole garage band thing and when I first heard them on AM radio. I collected their albums and sat at my Farfisa single keyboard at home playing along. I dressed like Morrison and, being a budding poet myself, I scribbled raunchy doggerel verse. And. . .AND! I have always been pretty decent when it comes to imitating voices and I did His very well according to friends. The song: The End was my then ultimate favorite song of all time. But times do change. . .sigh!
    • Chrysalis
      My therapy does continue despite the whole Isolation Nation thing. I meet with my wonderful therapist once a week on Zoom and marvel at how the sci-fi wonders portrayed on t.v. and films in my childhood now allow us to stay in touch on screens, with sound and in living color, from home. And the butterfly that inside continues to emerge! Thanx!! 
    • tracy_j
      It doesn't sound like good experiences. A good therapist can adjust their approach to compensate for the different people they see. Even so, it does help if the person they are seeing works toward both therapist and client getting to a working relationship. My fear is that you are expecting the worst before even seeing them. It is difficult for me to put into words but there needs to be trust and at some point you both will need to learn to trust. Just try to avoid confrontation, working around it to get to understand each other. In a way it is not really telling the therapist, more like discussing with them. Perhaps more ' I feel ..... . ' rather than the more blunt 'I am ..... .'  if you get my meaning. Keep talking to exchange your feelings without raised voices blocking communication. Therapy is a two way process getting to understanding. I hope things go well.   Good luck!   Tracy
    • lachallenger
      Thanks everyone - I definitely appreciate a warm welcome  It will take me a little time to navigate and to be perfectly honest - manifest the courage to begin posting and reaching out, though this is more of new-visitor nerves and treading into very new territory than anything else.
    • cybreraphael
      A lot of people ascribe therapy and ending therapy to relationships and breakups. Since living in my current location I've switched therapists about 3 times, once because she got a better job, and twice because the therapists simply made assumptions and did not want to understand me. That's at least how I viewed it.   I've been in and out of therapy for years, since I was 13 (I'm 24 now) and most of the time I would leave therapists due to me moving away. But when I was an adult and was (am) still living with my (frankly) abusive mother and my gender identity came into the mix is when I began to see therapist become more and more difficult with me. I once had a particularly horrible experience with a therapist who was pressuring me to tell her all the details of my plans for transition before I was ever comfortable talking to her about any of that (because she had told me I was damaging my body for safely binding with a gc2b binder) and when I told her she just won't understand anything about me being trans-nonbinary because she is cis and how she's reacting to me simply receiving a binder and how happy I was about the binder and that we should just talk about something else, she wanted to force me to talk about it because she "has trans clients and all of them are comfortable talking about it" and I'm being difficult.   Needless to say that whole session was traumatizing. Afterwards it was hard to really trust a therapist with my gender identity, but then I got the therapist who got the better job who was very affirming. I had her for almost a year, but she didn't do much. Because I have schizoaffective depressive type and some PTSD, they focus on that and when I talk (mostly positive or neutral) things about my gender identity, they sort of dismiss it or question it so much it gets frustrating for me because its like LGBTQ+ Awareness 101 that I feel every therapist office should have, but I know not every place will have funding for.   The second to last therapist I had, when I decided to leave her because she was making too many assumptions and trying to take too much control over therapy that I felt I had no say over my own therapy, said that me switching therapists was "a trend" when she didn't even know me. She was just mad that was leaving her. She also said she would move me to a male therapist because "a man would put me in my place"   And the last therapist? I left him because he also made too many assumptions even though I told him that was the one thing I hate! He would tell me to do things that would put me in danger with my abusive mother, and when I wouldn't do it he would get mad at me! When I would talk to him about my gender identity it was almost as if it wasn't real to him. Like it was "valid" but not real. When I would tell him good things that happened in my day about my gender affirmation, he would brush it off and be like "ok but what's bad about your day?" Not really holding space for good things in my life.   So I took a break for about 3 months and now I just had an appointment to get a referral to an outside of my typical clinic therapist. But I'm very very afraid. I mentioned in the assessment that I want an LGBTQ+ friendly therapist and the doctor who assessed me, my primary care doctor, was like "k" and I'm not sure if she really noted that or not. I'm losing faith in therapy but it's really the only thing keeping me stable while I live with my toxic family. I'm not even sure if I'll get a therapist before I move across the country. I just want someone who will understand me and not judge me or shut me up. I've met too many bad therapist and I feel like if I meet one more I'm never doing therapy ever again and I'm just gonna internalize my trauma forever.   I don't know what the goal of this post was. Are there good therapists? I feel my hope fleeing...
    • Siobhan
      Like you, I was always terrible about drinking plenty of water. What finally did the trick for me was purchasing a water bottle. Not just any water bottle, but one that was well made, pleasing to look at from a design perspective, was thermally efficient (I like my water cold), and that had a decent nozzle (the quality and comfort of the nozzle can make or break a water bottle). It may seem silly to choose something like that based partly on looks, but my reasoning was that I would then be more likely to remember it and keep it around me. It worked! I started taking it around the house with me and bring in my car as well, so whenever I got even a little thirsty, its right there. I still drink other things, of course. I'm a pop fiend and always have been, but I'm more reasonable about how much of that I consume since I regularly hydrate with water.
    • Susan R
      Growing up...For years, I listened to anything and everything Led Zeppelin. I practically lived for Led Zeppelin. Then in the early 80’s moved into alt rock, then (and still) jazz, then by the 90’s, I added Trance, Electronica, and New Age to my favs. Today,  if I had to narrow it down to a single band I enjoy most, I’d have to say almost ANYTHING from the band Enigma and their related Gregorian projects.   Susan R🌷
    • cybreraphael
      I always describe my music as dark, depressing, and dramatic! Though, it's usually how others describe it, I think they're beautiful! I like Alt-rock, alt-metal, prog-rock, and prog-metal. If they have minor notes, all the better!
    • cybreraphael
      I grew up listening to my dad's weird disco/techno music when we would take day trips to San Francisco. I remember hearing remixes to 90's dance/trance songs that I don't even know the name of now! Though I remember a few: September-Cry For You; 4 Strings-Into The Night Aw, that's all I remember right now
    • cybreraphael
      I have loved the band 10 Years since i was... 15? that was about 9 years ago so I guess I've loved them for a LONG time, lol! I'm listening to all my music on shuffle and the first song I've ever heard by them came on: Wasteland. What a coincidence! They're labeled as Alt-Metal? Don't know what that means. I saw them once in January 2018 I believe. It was my first ever concert and it was EPIC!! I love them to bits! An up and coming contender to them though, is Artificial Language which I've found in the last year? They ROCK! They're labeled as Prog-Metal I believe.
  • Upcoming Events