• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Monthly Site Expenses (Updated July 2019)

Dev

• Admin

Hello!

Because I want to be fully transparent about the cost of running the site (since I accept and occasionally solicit donations), it's time to update this information.  Some of our costs have gone up over time and I didn't edit the original post to reflect that - a few dollars here and there isn't going to break the bank for me.  I have been able to wrangle a drop in others this month, so the net effect is it's less expensive now than it was last month.

If you'd like to donate, please do so here.  The months of July through October are pretty heavy with annual and semi-annual expenses and every little bit helps.

Here's the breakdown as it stands now:

Chat:  $10.00 monthly.

Forums:  $45.00 every six months (February and August, effectively billed in January and July).

Resource Locator:  $50.00 yearly, payable in September.

Email Delivery:  $10.00 monthly.

Server Rental:  $30.00 monthly.

Security Software:  $90.00 yearly, payable in October.

P O Box:  $53.00 every six months (May and November).

Total Monthly Breakdown: 78.00 / month.

Now then.  I'm on a fixed income, which means I know what it's like not having a penny to spare.  If you're not in a position to donate, please don't feel guilty; I didn't take over here to turn a profit.  The lights will stay on.  Donations are very much appreciated, but they are not a requirement of membership.

Hi,

When I first joined the site, I looked how to donate with using PayPal.  Do you have any options for Credit card? 

• Admin

Laura, ff you click on the link in the post above, it will take you to the donation page, where you will see options for donating with any of four different credit or debit cards.

Carolyn Marie

• Admin
2 hours ago, lauraincolumbia said:

Do you have any options for Credit card?

PayPal is our card processor as well as its own thing.  If you click through it'll ask you to sign up or sign in, but you don't have to do that.  If you continue without signing up, it'll let you plug in a credit card and process it like any other transaction.

hey  Dev just donated. Wish I had more but I hope it helps. Keep up the amazing job. It's truly help with my transition. Much lv  

• Petra Jane unpinned this topic