• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

LittleRed

Modest Pocketed Swim Dress? Confidence... struggling

LittleRed

I'm MtF but I'm not currently transitioning. I started to accept myself as transgender about a year ago and am working through a lot of issues in therapy. Not on HRT yet.

Occasionally I like to present feminine to take the edge off because it makes me feel really grounded and comfortable. This summer I've really been struggling.

1) I really just want a cute but modest swim dress that is pocketed so I can use breast forms. I have cute little C-cup knit breasts that my wife made me but they are made of yarn but are not great for swim wear for obvious reasons. I plan to buy some breast forms and hopefully a swim dress that they could go in. I really don't have a woman's figure and am hoping a cute swim dress might help hide / draw attention away some of my manly gut. I have an in-ground swimming pool in my back yard. My wife and kids have been enjoying it a bit this summer and I'm the only one who hasn't done more than put my toes in the water.

2) I am struggling to be confident in wearing women's clothes this summer. Over the fall / winter / spring it wasn't bad at all because I could wear some long boot cut jeans and a cute top. With my wig on, no one recognized me or even clocked me (sometimes my voice gave me away). Being more revealing than that (like shorts or a maxi dress that doesn't flare) makes me want to give up on presenting at all this summer. Most summer dresses advertised seem to be cotton maxi dresses that work with your curves and I have none. It's August, summer is nearly over, and i'm pretty depressed about all of this.

I don't want to be revealing or flashy. I just want to be very cute and feminine, but modest too. I'm a 35-year-old girl and I just want to be girly but I don't desire to draw attention to myself because I'm already married and we really love each other. Any advice or encouragement would be appreciated - especially on the swim suit.

Thanks ladies,

Jennifer

QuestioningAmber

I have also had problems this summer with the idea of presenting at all in public during the summer. I have only been able to feel comfortable dressing while at home and not really going outside. I can completely understand having a hard time with the pool because we have a community pool, so it makes it even more impossible.

I actually have a tankini swimsuit that I bought, but have not had the ability to wear outside or going to the pool. I would probably suggest looking on Amazon for a swimsuit that you like, and not worrying about the breast forms for now, or picking up a decent pair on there.

Ellora

I agree with Amazon. They have many choices of clothes from all over the world. 

I haven’t purchased a swim suit yet, just a string bikini top, I’m waiting until I finish my bottom surgery until I get the bikini bottoms. What I would suggest, is either a one or two piece bathing suit with a skirt attached or add a wrap skirt.

Which leads me to summer wear. I looooove wrap skirts, especially the 2 layered sari skirts. The sari skirts allows a lot of freedom, a variety of styles and looks can be made. They come in different lengths, mini skirt, medium and maxi skirts. I have a medium and maxi. The two layers allow you to pull one layer up to make a dress. Also it can be flipped around raised all the way up, many many versions. It comes with a booklet to show you how, or use YouTube. 

I hope you find your summer wear and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Susan R

Speaking of swimsuits...I had my first opportunity to go swimming as myself a little over a week ago.  As we were packing for the trip, I remembered how nice my wife's colorful one piece with built in skirt looked on me when I tried it on back in March.  I've been anxious to wear it ever since but our Spring weather here is much too cold.  I decided to try it on again to see if I should bring it along.  The damn thing was much too large and I had no time to shop for another suit before we left.  Sadly, I ended up not swiming during the trip because I only brought were small short shorts and a matching top for the beach.  I barely got my feet wet.  I'll be better prepared next time.  The summer is half over here so I'm hoping I can find that exact same style in my size.

So my only advice is to plan ahead and make sure you have a few alternative options available.  Your mood can sometimes have an effect on what you feel comfortable wearing when it comes to more revealing attire...at least it's like that for me.

Have fun getting wet this summer,

Susan R🌷