• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Electrolysis update

Kirsten

I started my electrolysis about 5 months ago. 60 an hourish per session. It’s been about 30-35 hours so far and I’m finally starting to see positive results! I have a lot of bald patches in my heavier hair areas like the chin and upper lip. But by going just about every other week, I don’t really have much hair left at any time. The shadow is dissipating. And the hairs come back so slowly that she keeps up with the ones coming back pretty well. I have about 25 or so hairs left on my top lip after this past session. I only get a few on my sideburn area ever anymore, and below my lips to the edge of my chin/jaw is clear as well. We are just getting into the under chin area now but that’s an easily hidden space. 

So now every time I go she hits the right sideburn, then the upper lip, left sideburn, a few more on the lip, and then down to the chin. It gets less and less of the first areas every week and she gets further and further into the under chin hair. Eventually I think I’ll be clear and it’ll just be maintenance. And I’m close now. After less than 40 hours!! 

So when you’re thinking about what you’re gonna do, think of this. Best to go the route that is gonna work the best right? Laser is nice. And gives fast and good results. But it’s not permanent. And it’s expensive. Save that money and put it into the needle. Cause once you are clear, it doesn’t really matter anyways. Cause you’ll have minimal hair at any time. 

I’m lucky it has been so fast for me. I could never grow a beard. I’ve never had facial hair that went from my sideburns to my chin and I could never grow a mustache at all. Maybe a chin beard. Like a 3” circle of hair. Lol. But that’s it. So I did start out ahead of the game. But once I’m clear, it’s just that maintenance. And eventually there will be none of that as well. And then it’s done!! And like today I shaved somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 hairs from my entire face minus that one patch under my chin. It’s pretty cool too when it’s like running the razor over nothing. Like really cool and such a confidence boost too!! 

High-5️⃣s, Kirsten!

A lot better than the "200 hours" of treatment that's usually stated as the norm.

You go, girl! ?

Astrid

Just now, Astrid said:

High-5️⃣s, Kirsten!

A lot better than the "200 hours" of treatment that's usually stated as the norm.

You go, girl! ?

Astrid

I bet overall it will be around 200 hours. My electrologist originally told me 400+ hours till completion. But even she is thinking much less now. However long it takes, it takes. And I’ll keep on keepin on till it’s done. But I’d like to see that within the next 2 years if possible. Kind of my hope for ffs timing wise as well. If everything went perfect that is. Which won’t happen but c’est la vie. ??‍♀️

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my electrolysis apt. 85 mins today and looking in the mirror I see 4 hairs on my entire upper lip! And they’re all in a little row right next to each other. Lol. 

Theres so many new new faces here just starting out and wondering where to start. Electrolysis is a great place to start! The confidence boost I get from a hairless face is probably more than what I get from having small boobs. It’s really such a huge part of passing from my personal position. 

Way to go hun.  I had my electrolysis appt. on Friday, and my technician could barely find hairs to pull with me having 4 days of growth.  My technician went crazy over my whole face with what he was able to get.  But I am the same way that he thought it would take me 300 hours, but now since for me I have been bouncing back and forth between laser and electrolysis.  I am currently at the maintenance level right now and looking like I could be complete by end of this year.  But it is amazing hun to see ourselves now compared to how we were at the beginning with all that hair and now it's very little.

19 hours ago, Raven1981 said:

I am currently at the maintenance level right now and looking like I could be complete by end of this year. 

That’s great raven! I am not quite there yet. She’s cleared my sideburns cheeks and upper lip now. And probably about 1/2 of my chin. So some of my face is kind of into the maintenance phase. But not all. Im hoping to be to maintenance by the holidays. ????

Will you stop the laser and go back to only the electrolysis at the end of the year? Or do you need to go longer? The back and forth thing seems confusing to know when you can stop. 

I actually plucked those 4 hairs out of my face yesterday. Lol. Just had to get them out of there. 

Thanks @AnnaD. Took nearly 9 months to get there going weekly/ biweekly. Somewhere around 35 hours total. (2100+ dollars or so. ?) gees  that’s a lot. Never thought about that part of it. 

1 hour ago, Kirsten said:

Will you stop the laser and go back to only the electrolysis at the end of the year? Or do you need to go longer? The back and forth thing seems confusing to know when you can stop. 

It does get confusing going back and forth and my electrolysis asked me if I wanted to to try skipping Laser and just do electrolysis to see where we are at since we have the dark bulbs on the run and were only dealing with the light hairs now.  So we are working on getting me off laser and do full electrolysis since were so sparse now.

That sounds good. That laser stuff is so great for the now, but idk about the long term. Like I had said, after 6 months of it, it all grew back on me. I was so sad about it too. Felt like I got tricked a lil.