• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Massachusetts Electrologists!?

Cav20199

Hi -

Is there anyone from Massachusetts who can recommend a good electrologist for beard removal? I just had 14 hours for my first clearing at Electrology 3000 in Texas but need to find someone local in MA. Anywhere in MA is good.

• Admin

Get in touch with the Fenway Medical Center in Boston.  They have medical and other services for Trans people.

I saw the list of places posted by someone on Reddit. I will get in touch with them on Monday. But i just wanted to post a message here too and ask members whether they had any name to share. Thanks..

• Forum Moderator

The folks at Fenway may be able to point you in a good direction.  Fortunately there are many electrologists around.  Google "electrology near boston ma" and a list will come up.  Good luck! 

Jani

Hi Jani-

There are too many names that show up in a google search. And im also in touch with some transwomen who had terrible electrolysis experiences here in MA- some are now saving up to goto Chicago or Dallas to the two places that are most known for mass clearings. Id rather have a recommendation from someone who has had good results with a local MA electrologist. 

Thanks again :)

• Forum Moderator

Unfortunately you probably need to make some calls to check a few of them out.   It seems precious few speak of good experiences yet many speak of bad.  Included in that is unrealistic expectations.  I go to a woman nearby in southern NH and she's great.  No BS about one and done.  This is a long term commitment.   Fourteen hours at a time, ouch.  Even with professional numbing.  Personally I think that does a bit of damage to the skin but others don't so to each out own.  

Many electrologists offer 15 minute introduction meetings for you to see their office and equipment, and to understand about their practice.   You can learn if its someone you want to work with. 

Jani

Hi Jani-

Yes i reached out to 5 already today but im going to download the list from electrology.com and contact Fenway Health on Monday and also ask them on what basis they compiled the list. Then ill reach out to many electrologists by email and phone to narrow down whom to meet in person. Not all electrologists have the stamina to work 6 hours a day and some dont even want to.

14 hours in Texas was a lot of work but my skin has healed really well with no bruises- i rather do mass clearings than an hour or two weekly. I have a doctor in Boston who is going to come to my home to give me the lidocaine injections so the electrologists too will have to come to my home to do this. I might hire 2 to work simultaneously on my face. My husband is a retired surgeon so hes very much involved in this too- Btw im a gay male and im not transitioning but i cannot stand hair on my face- ill stop the clearings once my hair is about 70/75% gone.

Btw the "professional: numbing in Texas was extremely painful but once the shots were done, i felt nothing! The pain from the shots was so emotionally exhausting for some reason that i almost cried. The techs could have done a better job injecting - ie. not causing me as much pain as they did - but none had medical training. The owner Denise' shots were much better than the others and luckily having my husband there helped because he came in the room and told them how to inject so i got less pain- that immediately made a HUGE difference.

Even though it was 14 hours of work, it wasnt one and done- it was super painful and agonizing. But after the first 3 clearings, its much less time and the hair is not as thick which means topical lidocaine is probably OK.