• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

a wierd call today

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

So I am at work this morning. My cell rings, I recognize the number at the VA. So I duck in back. 

First: is this, Kymmie.

Yes.

This is ***** from the Cheyenne VA . Dr. **** (can't remember) wants me to set up an appointment at the woman's clinic.

So we set an appointment 22nd at 1:00.

All the while I am thinking holey crap. I was expecting a call for an appointment. But from speech therapy my counselor put in a consult for it. Not from the woman's clinic. Only thing I can think of is that my mental health pharmacist. She was looking into me starting the estrodal patch. That is the only thing I can think of why. Now what to wear.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Interesting!  You'll find out soon enough.  I hope it all works out well.

Jani

if a van pulls up outside the clinic before your enter then it was properly a bad call,. Hoping a ice truck is there instead.  lol

• Forum Moderator

It sounds like a good call to me.  A good journey may well be starting.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I was thinking that earlier.  Give them a call back to confirm the appointment is for what you believe it is. 

Jani

• Forum Moderator

I called the number this morning and it was the Woman's clinic at the VA. Now just have to wait. the kind of weird thing is she asked for Kymmie. Not my given name. I had thought that my counselor was only going to use it in my chart. So at least someone is looking at my chart other than her. LOL.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Well this is a good start.  It is Kymmie that is going to this appointment after all!

Cheers Jani

• Forum Moderator

I'd be happy to know that the appointment is made in Kymmie's name.  Being called from a waiting room, crowded with women, with a male name is difficult at best.  I can still remember those incidents despite the passing of years.  Sounds like a great appointment to start you on your way.

As to what to wear..... be comfy and enjoy.

Hugs,

Charlize 

• Forum Moderator

Well with further checking the VA web site I use to order my refills on my meds. I have access to messaging. On the list is Dr. Johnson gyn woman's clinic. So, I guess it is legit. I also have an appointment with my counselor the day before. I will be able to get some information about the appointment. At least I will not be going in there blind. I will have some idea.

Still trying to think of what to wear that is nice and comfy. To bad I can't wear my PJs. most are a little skimpy for public wear. LOL.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Something tasteful would be nice,  Tailored slacks and coordinating top if you have something like that. 

Jani 

• Forum Moderator

Defiantly tasteful. Forecast right now is for 85 on Wednesday. Probably the same on Thursday. So maybe Shorts and a Ladies t shirt,for my appointment with my counselor. Not sure about the Dr. I have ordered a denim skirt. Although not sure if I'm ready for a skirt yet.

Kymmie

• Admin
Just now, KymmieL said:

Not sure about the Dr. I have ordered a denim skirt.

Don't worry about what you wear to see your Gynecologist, before the doctor comes in, you will have undressed and put on a hospital gown or two and have been given a sheet to use as well.  Only the nurse will see you come in and she will be wearing Scrubs as she hands you the gown and sheet. 

The rest of the women in the waiting room will be in darn near anything and many of them will be wearing maternity clothing.  Others who know the routine will be in jogging suits or sweat shirts and sweat pants.  As long as it is not Formal Dinner Wear for a guy you will do fine.  I see my Gynecologist about 3 times a year unless I do have a pesky little infection or discharge, which I do get from time to time that needs to go on a lab trip.  I usually just wear loose soft shorts or slacks when I go to mine.

4 hours ago, VickySGV said:

Don't worry about what you wear to see your Gynecologist

Unless you like to dress up for doctors visits, Just wear your best clean panties xD! 

• Admin
3 hours ago, Ellora said:

Just wear your best clean panties xD! 

Don't even worry about that, you may be in there for stuff that dirties them up.  LOL 

Just now, VickySGV said:

Don't even worry about that, you may be in there for stuff that dirties them up.  LOL 

? Haha, true, but only if they want old samples and not the new ones! ??

30 minutes ago, VickySGV said:

? ? I cant get this out of my head! ? It reminded me of an old joke about a doctor asking for urine,  semen, and fecal samples, so the patient took off his bvds and handed them to the nurse... ???

• Forum Moderator

Got my reminder call today. Again asked for Kymmie. :)  I have to do labs tomorrow when I go for my appointment with my counselor. unfortunately it is a fasting lab so no breakfast before I go. However I can go anytime before 11 when my other appointment is. So I can show up at 9 do my labs the go for breakfast.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Well it was as expected. About my transition. The Dr. was great. covered everything. I told her my story my thoughts, my goals. She is also leery of starting estrodal  with my history of blood clots. even the e patch. She has upped my Spiro dosage. She has other options too. She also going to put in my consult for speech. My counselor wasn't able do it.

She also went over what the VA will and will not cover. or will cover if a medical necessity. One weird thing is my t level went up since the previous test a couple months ago.

I have another one on my medical team. seems kind of strange having a gynecologist on my team. 

Kymmie

Hopefully you don’t have to stay on a high dosage of Spiro for a long time. It can be tough on the liver. I’ve been on a low dosage of E, and I won’t know if my doctor will change my E or Progesterone until my 6 month, which happens to be in less that 3 weeks. Very excited! I pm’d her, asking of I can get a blood work ordered , so we can see and talk about the results. I’m sure she will, I just can’t wait! ?