• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

**Angela Charlotte **

Tips with Bras & Breast forms

**Angela Charlotte **

Hello. I’m now have been on hormones for 11 months. I’m starting to like the changes I’m seeing. I now have small breast what I  Measure is 40 chests and  44 across the fullest part  but not a full cup I think yet. My question is when should I think about getting a bra for the the real me. Will a sports bra work as a trainer?  2, should I stop using my breast forms?

Charlize

Over time i got smaller silicone forms....."chicken cutlets".  They actually offered a bit of protection from the edges of doors.

I never really used a training bra and now for the most part i'm braless.  I have decent development but the gals are rather pert and don't bother me by bouncing etc.  Perhaps i'm just a child of the 60's.   I normally dress in loose clothing in the summer and have been enjoying the freedom.

The other evening when i went out in a cotton T i noticed that the headlights were blaring but i just smiled and kept going.

You may well want to wear one to start but i'm sure that in the evening you'll be happy for the freedom in time.

Hugs,

Charlize

VickySGV

My breast forms became uncomfortable pretty fast when I began HRT.  Charlize idea about the "adds one size" type of silicone enhancers did work for a time as well.  Another product that I used are called petals which have s sticky silicone  surface on one side that keeps the nipples from being as obvious when you are not wearing a bra.  An old riddle that I have posted here a time or two that does have truth to it:

What is the difference between a Trans woman and a Cross Dresser?  The Cross Dresser can't wait to get home to put her bra ON, a Trans woman can't wait to get home and take her bra OFF. 

I have maxed out (after 10 years) at a B and find the front closing bras to work better for me.  Part of my tissue is under my arms and the Front Close pushes that forward.

Jani

I never used forms so no commentary here.  As to a bra, for me the answer at first was more emotional than physical as there wasn't much there to support, but a sports bra felt good.  They became old fast as they were the pull on type and not comfortable to wear all day or to take off.  I went shopping for a "big girl" type with clips.  As to when physically, when you need protection as Charlize noted.  I found as I grew the tendency to bump and nudge was quite painful.  

The long and short of it is when you feel you've outgrown the forms and you want/need a bra.   My best to you! 

Jani

**Angela Charlotte **

Thank you so much for your input on this subject. It helps me a lot. 

Charlize

I just heard a comedian taking about his daughter"s "training" bra.   He had to ask his wife about how wild they were when young.

I laughed, after all we don't want them running away!

Hugs,

Charlize

Kirsten

A year in and I still don’t mind wearing a bra. At the start I liked the bralettes best. There still my go to for pjs on super hot nights too. Underwire isn't comfortable, but it sure does a great job of pushing everything where it belongs. 

I use the little add a cup chicken cutlets still at times. Usually with something that shows a lot of cleavage cause the rest of the time I just don’t care. 

Raven1981

I still wear my breast forms whenever I feel like that I need a little help.  My natural size is a 38B and my breast forms are a B cup so it does help me when I am feeling like I need a little help.  But there are some times I sleep in my breast forms and some times I dont.

But to me it is all about comfort and how realistic you look.

What is the difference between a Trans woman and a Cross Dresser?  The Cross Dresser can't wait to get home to put her bra ON, a Trans woman can't wait to get home and take her bra OFF. 

I love Vicky's quote here and I guess that I am a Trans individual cause I will admit that I love wearing a bra but OMG it feels so good to take it off when I get home.

**Angela Charlotte **

Thank you all for you response it helps a lot. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now