• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

WaPo: Trump Has Had a Devastating Effect On LGBT Rights

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I cannot open this article without my computer's anti-virus kicking up a blue fuss.  I agree with the headline however.

• Forum Moderator

The Trump administration’s continued assaults on LGBTQ rights are nothing short of breathtaking. And yet, Trump’s supporters who don’t want to acknowledge this aspect of the administration find ways to bury this part of his record in the chaos."

That says a lot to me.  How can those "log cabin" folks be behind him.

It hurts!

Hugs,

Charlize 

They can get behind him because many of them feel perfectly fine persecuting trans folks. I have run into this attitude exactly when I have been to locations that log cabin folks dominate. I’ve heard nothing short of murderous comments about transgender people. It’s absolutely chilling. 

It’s the handmaidens tale in real life. Be sure your bug out bags are packed and ready for the jump to Canada. Cause it could really happen with this guy in charge. 

Canada has always been a bit more moderate in their dealings. There’s less to worry about culturally there. I’d be really surprised if they become as radical as this country. It’s not the same attitude as here for the most part. Sure some Canadian citizens have voiced their disdain for foreign refugees but the cities in Canada are and have been more exposed to transgender populations than they will ever be in the US. This is just a rougher country by and large. The chances of things becoming radicalized here is much more possible simply because the rhetoric is more dangerous. Those that voice their radical opinions seem to have a lot more support from their peers and populations. It’s really a case of people reverting to a crueler stance on issues and using their religion as the source material to justify their wish to act on these feelings. People are frustrated and ripe for radical change either way so one just feeds the other and it becomes a screaming match pretty rapidly. It wouldn’t take much to push everything over the edge. The pulse on the street tells the tale. In the last 10 years I have seen and heard things from all manner of radical groups that were unheard of just 20 years ago. Not just right wingers either. It’s a Pandora’s box that has so many divisive elements that no doubt they will try to outdo each other. I never thought I would see it but I really think we are closer to pre war Bosnia than before the election and it probably wouldn’t have made a difference who won because of the attitudes in place. Every group is in their own sounding chamber and pretty much closed from discussions about any divisive issues. They all live under the illusion of being the only ones that are correct. When there’s such a dynamic in place it’s just a matter of time until there’s a train wreck that sucks in cars and airplanes too. I know for a fact that the general attitude is that they all have lost faith in the political process and are eager to resort to violence to salve their personal and collective wounds. That’s about the only thing these opposing groups have in common. There’s a slim chance that they could form fragile alliances but their differences are bound to fan sparks eventually and then nowhere would be safe here. It’s probably a good idea to do some homework and find out what refugees from the former Yugoslavia have to say about their experience with the chaos that they endured and learn from their regrets. Some of them have valuable insight that would be wise to look at.

Speaking as a Canadian, like @MaryMary, there are definitely some worrying trends even here. I live in Ontario, where we have our own version of Trump at the helm. Some of their party members and their rhetoric scare me. The national Conservative party has a fair amount of alt right members, as well, that send shivers down my spine should they gain power. 

I will I’ll agree that things here do seem to be better than what is going on in USA, for the moment.  I also think that is Trump’s success to date, if you’ll call it that, that’s lending steam to similar movements in Canada and elsewhere in the world. 

We we just need to make sure that come ballot time, we rally every ally we can to vote and ensure that bigotry is not elected. 

If you fail down south, at least for now, we’re still a safer haven and would love to have you in Canada. 

*hugs*

I’m definitely going to be moving north as soon as humanly possible. I was set on Minneapolis but that might only be a way station. My instinct is telling me to basically drop everything and just take what I can pack and leave but reality says I should first at least try to get rid of the extra baggage I have just sitting here and make use of it for possible funding. I have had enough frying pan to fire experiences. I’ve got to plan this reasonably. The one constant is not letting myself fall into complacency. I’m in regular correspondence with many transgender women here and on other sites and it’s shocking to discover the pervasive fear present even in places we traditionally think of as trans friendly in this country. It’s not just isolated to this country either. One of my most favorite transgender YouTube channels is Isla Rose. One of her slightly new videos from maybe a few months ago was lamenting the fact that she no longer felt safe going to the local gay bar because even there, CIS gender men were crashing the establishment and humiliating transgender people or cross dressers: in a so called safe space. That’s happening in Australia. It’s truly an epidemic of insanity. The strange thing is that in spite of all this... transgender erotica is quickly taking over the adult erotica industry which belies this outward oppression. It’s very telling that those who love us in the closet are not comfortable with us in the real world. What a shameful trend. There’s really some sick twisted conflicted individuals in this world if they can rationalize their behavior because they have this guilt over being turned on by the object of their contempt. 

• Forum Moderator

When trump was first elected i used to joke with a trans friend in Nova Scotia about heading north with a caravan full of goats.  I felt the same way during the Viet Nam War with the threat of prison or fighting in a conflict i thought completely immoral.  I'm still here.  I love this country and all it could be.  If 45 wins again?

Go north young goats with your old farmer.  I could find work in the maple syrup industry?

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin
2 hours ago, Charlize said:

Go north young goats with your old farmer. 

Hugs,

Charlize

Now there is a sight I'd like to see!  :D

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

That is a great image Mary as long as there can be some pink in my plaid.   I'd give your family a special no cost tour.  They could visit the baby goats as well.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 94 Guests (See full list)

• Kylie
    • MaeBe
    • Thea
    • April Marie
    • Ashley0616
    • Ivy
    • awkward-yet-sweet