• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
Naomi Knowles

salicylic acid Vs Psoriasis

Naomi Knowles

Been plagued with psoriasis since I was in college, but now that I'm transitioning, I'd love to be able to put on a light foundation, a little blush and eyeliner as part of getting ready for work, but scaling around the nose area, on top of the nose & forehead makes putting foundation on a pointless waste of time as it picks out the scales GLORIOUSLY.

It's a long shot, but does anyone else have experience with salicylic acid? My condition has reached a point where it resists steroids, medication and light therapy (i.e. bullet proof), and I've had enough of it.

Josie Beth

I used to have terrible scales on my heels and really rough dry cracked skin on my toes. It became painful to walk. That’s only been really bad in the last few months. What I used to totally reverse it and heal was tea tree oil. I’m using a brand called Hollywood beauty for hair and skin. It’s not stinky like some brands. It’s becoming my favorite moisturizer and I use it on all my skin. I’m not sure how it would help in your situation but I have heard that people get favorable results from it. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)

• Emily michelle
    • RunValRun
    • MiraM
    • MaryEllen
    • KathyLauren
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Flux3on
    Newest Member
    Flux3on

1. CreepyConfusedKid
      CreepyConfusedKid
      (14 years old)
    2. Jamie james
      Jamie james
      (51 years old)
    3. Jennaroxie
      Jennaroxie
      (34 years old)
    4. Trichakra
      Trichakra
      (41 years old)
    • KayC
      What an unending nightmare for her mother and family.  I'm sure they're relieved its over at this point.
    • KayC
      That's a great resource and charts @VickySGV.  Thank you!   @HollyNoel I can attest to the accuracy of the information provided by Vicky.  I eventually found my "right" sizes by trial and error and reading reviews on Amazon for "fits as advertised" or not.  (wish I had this resource before that) Be careful if you are buying online and the vendor is an Asian outlet, because their size charts are different and you need to go up two full sizes normally (like I am XL in US sizes, but XXL or XXXL if its in Asian sizes)   Have fun shopping❣️
    • KayC
      Happy things turned around for you, Heather Shay!  every storm cloud hides a rainbow waiting to come out 🌧️🌈❤️
    • Jackie C.
      Joan Jett is awesome, so yeah, perfectly understandable.   Hugs!
    • KayC
      Congratulations, Kylie!  so happy to hear that everything went so well and your recovery is going smoothly.  You're an inspiration to everyone here❣️
    • Jackie C.
      T-Shirt bras are super soft and comfy. There's a bit of give in them too, so that's lovely. Good choice! Doesn't come in my size though. <pout>   Hugs!
    • Shay
      That is super great news. I am excited for you. I am waiting for news therapist to get my referral letter and want to see if my old psych will also help me. Congrats. Shay
    • Jackie C.
      Hey @TransMex! I'm glad to see that you're still with us.   Real talk? That's your depression gnawing at your ear. It makes it harder to focus. It makes it hard to love yourself. It makes it hard to pursue your dreams. I get it. I've been where you are. You feel hopeless. Alone. Afraid. You just want to put your burden down. You need the hurting to stop. I let that go on until I was forty-eight. Don't do that, it was a terrible idea.   So yeah, the first steps are the hardest. You need to be talking to a therapist. They don't have to be a gender therapist. That would be ideal, but learning to love yourself is a very important step on your journey. I realize that the depression makes it very hard to take care of yourself, but that first step: Talking to a therapist, helped a lot. Hormones helped a little more. Every step made things just a little better. It got a little easier to take care of myself. It got a little easier to pursue my dreams again. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting better. Every little step helps. After you force yourself to take that first step, every step after comes just a little easier.   HRT should help with the mental static too. Once you can think again, it will be easier for you to plan and work towards your goals. In the meantime, we're always here if you need to talk, OK?   I can see that pretty girl looking back at me in the mirror more often than not. It's a great feeling. I want you to have that feeling too.   Hugs!
    • Sophie Watson
      I actually did get the Diagnosis I was expecting!    I made a video about the experience which is here      But obviously any questions you have I'm happy to answer here no matter how personal.  
    • Lexi C
      Hey Mex your only 27. I didn't start to full transition until 3year ago. I am 57. Your young which is the best time I think to start transition. I am not sure if you are American Citizen or not. Your grammar is well verse. But if you are and you live in Cali. I would look at trying to get on The Affordable  Care Health plan or Obama ( Heath Care L.A) plan . They will pay for HRT , Gender therapist  and if you qualify they will pay up to 80% of all your surgeries , which included, Female Fascial Feminization , Vocal, Breast and you bottom.  Regardless, Hardest part ( for me) in my transition is moving forward, not giving up or in to my  dysphoria. The easiest  part is giving up. Be safe, BE Proud and KICK ASS
    • VickySGV
      Sad that it happened, good that some justice is being done, and there will be some closure.
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.fox5dc.com/news/montgomery-county-man-pleads-guilty-in-killing-of-transgender-woman     Carolyn Marie
    • VickySGV
      Southwestern University School Of Law, (Los Angeles)  also 1974. 
    • VickySGV
      This page on Trans Pulse was developed to address your need @HollyNoel   https://www.transgenderpulse.com/clothing-size-charts/   At least it is a start. 
    • HollyNoel
      Thank you Sara. You are an angel. I will check the websites to see if they have fittings.
  • Upcoming Events