• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

FFS in one month !

jae bear

• Forum Moderator

Well it is less than one month now until I have FFS, there are so many things that I need to do I’m sure I won’t be able to do all of them, everything is of course of the utmost urgency but I will do my best realizing that I cannot control everything and only Control the decisions that I make. I’m fortunate to have amazing friends and good support people near me, and fantastic medical coverage plus great surgeons where I live.

I just thought I would let everyone know what’s coming next, I am very much looking forward to moving on through the process but I am definitely not looking forward to skipping Electrolysis for a couple months, so much has been done but it seems rather never ending. I suppose during the time that I have to start doing Electrolysis On my face we will switch to doing Electrolysis downstairs as soon as I’m feeling well enough to get around on my own and go see my electrologist. That being said it means that bottom surgery is 11 months away and that will definitely require plenty of Electrolysis downstairs!

Hugs to all, 

Jackie

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for the update Jackie.  Time will pass quickly.  Try to relax and enjoy life in the meantime.  I'm sure you are nervous with anticipation.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Wonderful news Jackie!  The time will fly by and you'll be recovering before you know it!

Hugs, Jani

wow Jackie Yeah I am on path for getting my FFS bye sept or Oct..fig cross where in CAli do u live( I don't mean exact address) But I need to start looking for a doc that will take Medicare that performs FFS....Congrats again

• Forum Moderator

It's nice to hear the update Jackie! Steady progress; You'll soon be looking as you are.

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Goodness, now it’s just two weeks away, it’s amazing how fast the last two weeks just went, so many little things to make sure I have ready ...

• Forum Moderator

The next couple will fly by I am sure.  But soon it will all be finished!!!  Yeah! 

50 minutes ago, jae bear said:

Goodness, now it’s just two weeks away, it’s amazing how fast the last two weeks just went, so many little things to make sure I have ready ...

Yay for 2 weeks! 

On 8/28/2019 at 11:14 PM, Alex C said:

wow Jackie Yeah I am on path for getting my FFS bye sept or Oct..fig cross where in CAli do u live( I don't mean exact address) But I need to start looking for a doc that will take Medicare that performs FFS....Congrats again

I'm in a Medicare plan with Kaiser in Northern California which covers FFS. I'm about 8 months from FFS.

Just now, Dana Michelle said:

I'm in a Medicare plan with Kaiser in Northern California which covers FFS. I'm about 8 months from FFS.

I forgot to say that there is a long waiting list (12-18 months) for FFS with Kaiser.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dana. I will look into that....I don't think I can hold off for 8months...but I will try...Hey Jackie Good Luck...God speed in the recovery

Hey Jae

Good luck. Im sure it will all go fine.

Just take your time in recovery. Baby steps.  I know they do try and get you out as soon as they can.

No marathon running. Well not for a few weeks anyway ?

One thing i can say. Be prepared to Dilate. Its a very strange sensation at first. But you will get there.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:51 PM, Alex C said:

Thanks Dana. I will look into that....I don't think I can hold off for 8months...but I will try...Hey Jackie Good Luck...God speed in the recovery

Actually, it's 8 months for me because I have been on the waiting list for 7 months. It's 12-18 months from when someone is put on the waiting list until having FFS. However, patients can file a grievance to possibly have it sooner.

• Forum Moderator

Hey everyone, it’s been exactly one week since I had FFS, and everything went extremely smoothly, bruising is just kind of sliding down my face at this point and I got all the stitches and staples out of my head today, I could not be more pleased although I do look precisely like a carbon copy of my mother at this point and it is just a touch alarming, but I can live with that outcome as I absolutely loved my mother and do not mind being her visual representation wandering the earth these days... 

I’ll include a picture from three days after surgery, still a lot of swelling and not a lot of bruising as it was quite deep, it’s starting to come through to the surface and slide down towards the bottom of my cheeks but in another week it’ll all be gone, by the end of this month I’ll feel pretty much healed up and there’s minimal numb spots, just the top of my head for a little bit and even if I don’t feel the little top square on top of my cranium for the rest of my life I could care less, no big deal, everything else is fantastic and the results are dramatic but subtle, in ways that are hard to explain...  it’s a bit hard to describe but the results are making me extremely happy, next surgery in a few months will be vocal surgery, then another six months after that will be bottom surgery, and a lot of Electrolysis in between both above and below the beltline. Thank you for all the support girls, it means an enormous amount to me and I have to say that anyone that wants to go have FFS should simply get it done, don’t worry about anything, my experience is that you can do this if you want this, don’t be scared, it doesn’t hurt as bad as you might think, it does look pretty bad but  you can get through it with minimal pain meds, I had a little hydrocodone and then just Tylenol for a while and I really don’t need anything else now. As soon as the swelling and bruising goes down and I can wash all the Polysporin out of my hair with some dish soap and I’ll feel perfectly human once again !

286F3B1C-819C-43BE-BBF0-928628211843.jpeg

YOU r my hero....Congrats beautiful I hope I come out looking half as good.

Much lv alex

Goodness. 5 rounds with Tyson?

Oh no FFS i just looked up a bit.

Why did i think you was going straight for the downstairs surgery? No idea.

I can see you looking great once the bruises have cleared up. You going to be a proper stunner.

Be well sweet and happy trails await you.

MIB