• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Heartwarming video!

Josie Beth

This is a topic close to my heart because I used to work as a prosthetic technician. An amazing story about an amazing girl who celebrates being different. 

wait is this true..HOLY SHIP!!!!….one question and its silly one...Her hands look like iron man..is she aloud to fight or are her hands consider lethal wapons? because if she can I would love to be represent her and get her into WWBF

The technology just isn’t there yet. Those arms are primarily made of fiberglass and resins with tiny motion “motors” in them. They aren’t really even motors but a common application of antigravity technology that uses an electric charge in a liquid suspension to provide the movement. So it’s very scalable and allows for movement in very small space or unconventional design, like false limbs. This design is about 5 years old and I remember seeing the first prototype that wasn’t quite as space age looking. If you notice she’s often pressing a button on the back of the hand to cycle through the presets. The next leap in this technology would be to actually tie it to brain sensors (which is currently used by fighter pilots to “think” functions on or off) but that’s probably down the road because most people are not going to wear a bulky head harness. I’m sure someone would but right now it’s not available. Anyway the same liquid electromagnetic technology in these arms is also in legs for amputees and allows fluid range of motion to provide a very natural gait both in above knee and below knee devices. I saw a double amputee actually hop and jump in his legs, even on one leg. It’s amazing stuff. With long pants on you can’t even tell that they are amputees. 

wow your beauty and smart... I know I read somewhere that they actually created an artificial brain using simulator computer design molecules.

isnt it amazing what they can do now.

One day and it will not be long you will be able to have an entire new body part with all this stem cell research they do now. and even this will be obsolete.

Power to the girl in the video. Inspiring how shes made a disability into an ability. thats quite empowering.

Alex. Are you talking about quantum computing?  Star treks Data will be real soon. Not sure it will be in my lifetime but perhaps in the next 50 years with all the advancement.

I think she’s talking about the new computer brain model that mimics organic activity by using a gelatin suspension and tendrils to increase processing power. I read an article about that somewhere and the pioneers of this technology are basically saying that they are taking their design cues from organic models and actually trying to grow computers instead of build them. I assume that means primarily a plant based design arc. It’s interesting but could lead down a darker path easily.

My cousin is a bioengineering scientist and the last time I talked to her was around 2000 at Xmas. She weirded me out a little bit when she admitted that they crossed beans with lightning bugs to make flashing green beans. I really don’t talk to her anymore because she seemed to change into a very cold mad scientist type since I first met her as a bubbly teenager. I’m not sure what she is working on right now but it’s probably not self illuminating Xmas trees. It’s definitely something that has to do with splicing dna though.

But anyway there’s definitely a lot of technology that can be assembled into synthetic brains and even synthetic “people” but because it’s ripe for abuse on one end and would definitely trigger violent protests from religious zealots on the other, it won’t see any press. It’s very likely that such things already are in existence but remain top secret. We just get to see the mostly benign versions of things and stuff that’s outdated enough to power our phones and computers. Once they can miniaturize and mass produce something cheaply they market it, but there’s always something much more bleeding edge that only gets splinters of it revealed to publications. It’s uncanny but if you read popular science magazines from 20-30 years ago, much of that has already been perfected or become commercial. Even still there’s technology that was invented in the 1940s or earlier that’s still not publicly released. Or if it is proven to work it will only be in YouTube videos of cottage scientists showing their experiments. Nikolai Tesla held the original patent for cellphones and network battery charging and those are thought of as recent technology. 

SO WHAT YOUR TELL ME IS Def Maybe on the new brain !!

Hey Bedlam I was talking exactly about what JB  just described....it just crazy how we are moving towards a West World civilization and instead of sir Anthony Hopkins one of trump kids might be at the helm Yukes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 181 Guests (See full list)

• Timi
    • MaryEllen
    • Ashley0616
    • Vidanjali
    • Petra Jane
    • April Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

JamesyGreen
    Newest Member
    JamesyGreen

1. Alscully
      Alscully
      (35 years old)
    2. floruisse
      floruisse
      (40 years old)
    3. Jasmine25
      Jasmine25
      (22 years old)
    4. Trev0rK
      Trev0rK
      (26 years old)
    • April Marie
      Congratulations to you!!!This is so wonderful!!
    • missyjo
      I've no desire to present androgynous..nothing wrong with it but I am a girl n wish to present as a girl. shrugs, if androgynous works fir others good. always happy someone finds a solution or happiness    today black jeans  black wedges..purple camisole under white n black polka dot blouse half open   soft smile to all 
    • MaeBe
      I have read some of it, mostly in areas specifically targeted at the LGBTQ+ peoples.   You also have to take into account what and who is behind the words, not just the words themselves. Together that creates context, right? Let's take some examples, under the Department of Health & Human Services section:   "Radical actors inside and outside government are promoting harmful identity politics that replaces biological sex with subjective notions of “gender identity” and bases a person’s worth on his or her race, sex, or other identities. This destructive dogma, under the guise of “equity,” threatens American’s fundamental liberties as well as the health and well-being of children and adults alike."   or   "Families comprised of a married mother, father, and their children are the foundation of a well-ordered nation and healthy society. Unfortunately, family policies and programs under President Biden’s HHS are fraught with agenda items focusing on “LGBTQ+ equity,” subsidizing single-motherhood, disincentivizing work, and penalizing marriage. These policies should be repealed and replaced by policies that support the formation of stable, married, nuclear families."   From a wording perspective, who doesn't want to protect the health and well-being of Americans or think that families aren't good for America? But let's take a look at the author, Roger Severino. He's well-quoted to be against LGBTQ+ anything, has standard christian nationalist views, supports conversion therapy, etc.   So when he uses words like "threatens the health and well-being of children and adults alike" it's not about actual health, it's about enforcing cis-gendered ideology because he (and the rest of the Heritage Foundation) believe LGBTQ+ people and communities are harmful. Or when he invokes the family through the lens of, let's just say dog whistles including the "penalization of marriage" (how and where?!), he idealizes families involving marriage of a "biological male to a biological female" and associates LGBTQ+ family equity as something unhealthy.   Who are the radical actors? Who is telling people to be trans, gay, or queer in general? No one. The idea that there can be any sort of equity between LGBTQ+ people and "normal" cis people is abhorrent to the author, so the loaded language of radical/destructive/guise/threaten are used. Families that he believes are "good" are stable/well-ordered/healthy, specifically married/nuclear ones.   Start looking into intersectionality of oppression of non-privileged groups and how that affects the concept of the family and you will understand that these platitudes are thinly veiled wrappers for christian nationalist ideology.   What's wrong with equity for queer families, to allow them full rights as parents, who are bringing up smart and able children? Or single mothers who are working three jobs to get food on plates?
    • Ashley0616
      Well yesterday didn't work like I wanted to. I met a guy and started talking and he was wanting to be in a relationship. I asked my kids on how they thought of me dating a man and they said gross and said no. I guess it's time to look for women. I think that is going to be harder. Oh well I guess.  
    • Ashley0616
      I don't have anything in my dress pocket
    • Carolyn Marie
      This topic reminds me of the lyrics to the Beatles song, "A Little Help From My Friends."   "What do you see when you turn out the lights?"   "I can't tell you but I know it's mine."   Carolyn Marie
    • Abigail Genevieve
      @Ivy have you read the actual document?   Has anyone else out there read it?
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I am reading the Project 2025 document https://www.project2025.org/policy/   This will take some time.  I read the forward and I want to read it again later.   I read some criticism of it outside here and I will be looking for it in the light of what has been posted here and there.  Some of the criticism is bosh.   @MaeBe have you read the actual document?
    • RaineOnYourParade
      *older, not holder, oops :P
    • Abigail Genevieve
      No problem!
    • RaineOnYourParade
      Old topic, but I gotta say my favorites are: "Stop hitting on minors" (doesn't work if you're holder tho) and "Sure as [squid] not you"
    • Carolyn Marie
      Abigail, I think we will just leave the other posts where they are, and the discussion can start anew here.  It is possible to do what you ask, but would disrupt the flow of the discussion in the other thread, and would require more work than it's worth.   Carolyn Marie
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I am in too good a mood to earn my certificate today. I am sure something will happen that will put me on the path to earning it.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      It's likely most cis-women consider a fitting unnecessary "because they know what  they wear" and get used to the wrong size.  The instructions for what your size is are simple and why go to any further effort?  You measure your bandsize and you measure your max and subtract the two to get the needed info for the cup size.  Then you buy the same size for years until it hurts or something.
    • KatieSC
      Congratulations Lorelei! Yes, it is a powerful feeling to have the documents that say "you are you".
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.