• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
Carolyn Marie

Study: HRT Not Associated With Fracture Risk In Young Trans Women

Josie Beth

It’s nice to see them finally put it in proper perspective and stop comparing us to men for a health and fitness benchmark. On par with bone fractures in women? Who knew? Like obviously duh!

Charlize

My doctor had me get a bone scan with showed no issues.  Both my wife and i take a calcium and vitamin d supplement.  Many women do.  I'd ask your doctor if it's appropriate and what the recommended dose might be.  Getting older can cause issues as well

Hugs,

Charlize

Maid In Bedlam
Just now, Charlize said:

Getting older can cause issues as well

Not just with bones.

My goodness when i need to go i really need to go. In my youth i was more like a camel in all the fluid i could hold 😊

Jani

I recently had a bone scan as well and all is well.  My doctor put me on Vitamin D a year ago.  I'm trying to be pro-active with my heath so I'm not going down without a fight!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 135 Guests (See full list)

• Debra Michelle
    • Cyndee
    • Charlize
    • Nivegnal
    • Jocelyn
    • DeeDee
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

you_had_me_at_Lennon
    Newest Member
    you_had_me_at_Lennon

No users celebrating today
    • Charlize
      Perhaps one of the biggest things this forum did for me was to see i wasn't alone in facing the difficulties of transition.  It seemed an unending journey when i started.  At times the process simply stopped but over time my life has changed wonderfully.  Today the journey is relatively smooth but it still continues and understanding grows with the changes.  I was told when i started the process by a moderator here : "we've got your back".  We do.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Charlize
      Confusers are aptly named.  Enjoy your new language.   Hugs,   Charlize    
    • Charlize
      I do kinda miss the playground of old.  Those swings were a bit naughty is you were wearing a skirt but that was fun as well.  When old posts from there show up it brings back memories of old friends, bikes, cookies etc.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Tetris
      I'd be happy to explain more later. I just need to sleep now. Forgot that I had classes today and stayed up programming a Discord bot lmao
    • DeeDee
      Okay, I can sort of see what you are trying to say but would have to look into it more to understand more. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. 😊 I don't want to hijack the thread, so I hope you find the answers you are looking for regarding pronouns.
    • Tetris
      Yes, I identify very strongly with databases. The concept of them, particularly the plaintext .csv database. So I don't necessarily identify as like... a literal table, ya know. More like the *concept* of a database. What a database stands for, what it's used in, the structure of the database. All of these... resonate with me in a way I can't describe. When I see a well formatted data file, in a way I can't help but to see myself in it. It's really hard to describe. I wish I could.  MOGAI (I forget what it stands for) genders are the spectrum of genders that are the ones 4-chan typically tries to troll. The ones that people say are "made up" and are "Tumblr genders."  For example if you search digigender on Deviant Art, you'll get a flag and a description as part of a network of other MOGAI genders. Digigender is best described to be a digital gender, one where your identity resonates deeply (or you are kin with) something digital like a file format (in my case, a .csv), email, software, or anything else digital-related. 
    • DeeDee
      I'm sorry Tetris I understand enjoying computers and programming and even being able to be more of yourself online than in real life, but I do not understand, your gender is comma separated values?  What are MOGAI-type genders? Genuinely curious as I have never heard of them. 
    • Tetris
      Hi so I made an account on here when I first came out as trans but didn't really care to continuously check this forum. I'm bigger on discords than I am forums (I think I'm on the discord too).  So I know that MOGAI-type genders are controversial but I identify as digigender. My gender is actually the .csv filetype (really, more generally, a database, as I find solace in collecting and indexing data, and find extreme peace in processing data, all the way down to my core--I really resonate with data structures). I've decided to use my own set of pronouns, file/file/files/files/fileself (File is a database. Data collection means a lot to file. It is files wishes to be seen as a data structure. One of files interest is programming. File has taken it up to fileself to learn as much about programming as file possibly could).    For others that use their own made up pronoun set, how do you get others to start using it? I'm really scared to tell people to use these pronouns else nobody would take me seriously. 
    • Maid In Bedlam
      Thanks for making me notice what i left out   I forgot to mention how its a very Emotional ,Psychological and  Physical process that lasts a long period of time. They do not prepare you for that. Thats for you to understand and accept. They just give you the tools to assist in the process. You are gonna have some emotional and stressful times during your transition. The treatment will help. But not completly. You need to not only be emotionally strong but to also be very prepared for sacrifices you may have to make. Do not be fooled if its painted as all puppies and fluffy kittens. There are rough times to. Forums like this are here to help you understand all the options and what to expect. Preperation is always the best way to move forwald. However always remember the desion is ultimatly yours. The doctors will help but it is yours life to control.
    • Josie Beth
      Wait a while We’ll figure out our lives  Hold your breath The wolves are in disguise  Don’t need your dirty hands  Don’t need to take a chance  Go stand in behind the fence  Can you feel that bleeding neck  Can you feel that now    Close the door  Take a walk around  Hold your breath  In these rivers you might drown  All alone you live inside  It’s alone you came and went  In the shadows the bounty rides A love that makes no sense  It makes no sense...   You could beat a cat in the rain  Losing all that you gain Working hard but you know  All things will change    The world it’ll spin and stand trial  While they spit and draw blood  from your smile  We’ll all make it back to the stars  But it’s ours for a little while    Oo oo ooo ooo ooooo Oo oo ooo ooo ooooo   Brace your heart  In this rich and colored plinth  Hold your breath  It’s a key and a killer in your hands All I want is bells and whistles  All I want is fancy dreams  And you live and learn  And soon discern Nothing’s ever what it seems  Never what it seems    Beat a cat in the rain  Losing all that you gain Working hard but you know  All things will change    The world it’ll spin and stand trial  While they spit and draw blood  from your smile  We’ll all make it back to the stars  But it’s ours for a little while    Oo oo ooo ooo ooooo Oo oo ooo ooo ooooo  
    • Josie Beth
      somewhat enigmatic but really striking lyrics. It speaks about futility of trying to keep things the same. 
    • Ellora
      Belated good morning. The fall weather has been simply delightful all day. No rain in sight, but plenty of nice weather. I’ve been extra busy helping the parents lately. My dad is being more foolish than usual, turning down help after asking for help, I can only do so much. My mom can be even worse at times, but I guess that goes with being old. The problem is, they have been this way their entire life, and now it’s reared it’s ugly head. They didn’t make plans and didn’t listen to me decades ago, and now they are paying the price.   my kids are doing well, we played a good round of D&D Sunday, and hopefully we can play more really soon. My son is becoming a really good DM, and it’s fun playing with them and their girlfriends.
    • Ellora
      WThe trick or treating part of Halloween will be enjoyed with two 5 year olds and their mommie. There is a neighborhood across the way that is a goo area for kids to enjoy the celebration.    I dont know what’s going on in my apartment building. I’m hoping the neighbors have something cool planned. There are a lot of parties going on in Hillcrest of course. There is always Balboa Park and downtown, and the haunted houses.    Since i I haven’t presented in public yet, I’m excited, cause I might finally have enough courage to muster to venture out in the neighborhood.     
    • Steph1982
      Lots of good information here and I appreciate all of you sharing your journey. Right now I think I'm at that questioning stage and perhaps trying to find ways to show myself I'm not ttans. I do agree that I'm not cis gender but just exploring and reading all your journies to ultimately find out where I fall on the gender scale. Thanks everyone:)
    • VickySGV
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5vyJ30djM&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0RfP_mw_e7q4cV7O6kRqn6JDjvgV1H5jJWFjGl-XGqpn4WVkLvah4HaDM   Not much to say, Sarah is one of our true leaders for the upcoming years.
  • Upcoming Events