• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Elizabeth Warren and Trans issues

lauraincolumbia

Hi All,

I am curious if anyone knows anything about Elizabeth Warren and her views on the trans community.  I like most of her economic proposals, which seems to be where most of her talks go.  Her website sells transgender pride t-shirts, but I haven't seen much from her about trans rights. 

Interestingly, if you do a google search on Elizabether Warren and Transgender, it brings up some right wing media outlets where she advocates for transgender healthcare.  Mainstream news doesn't cover that.

Does anyone know any more?

• Forum Moderator

I know she is scheduled to speak in a town hall sponsored by The Human Rights Campaign.  (HRC)

When i have more information on the event i'll post it here.  

Much of what she comes out with will be used against her by the right wing.  One wonders how public support can be as we are only a small issue in the minds of so many.  I'm interested in seeing the campaign develop.  

Hugs,

Charlize

1 hour ago, lauraincolumbia said:

Does anyone know any more?

She's the senior senator from my state, and I've heard her speak. She's a breath of fresh, sincere, air.  Her primary passions are economic justice (she spearheaded getting the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau established, which has been greatly curtailed under the Trump administration, sadly).  However, she was also a firm supporter of our statewide ballot initiative for transgender rights last year, which was successful.

I have no doubts about her support for trans rights on the federal level.  The question will be, how receptive will the U.S, Senate be to any Democratic president on any issue if it retains a Republican majority.

Fingers crossed,

Astrid

• Forum Moderator

She is one person who stands up to the current president and it appears he is aware of it, hence how he talks about her.  She would be a tough candidate I believe. 

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 96 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • Betty K
    • missyjo
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Ivy
    • Timi
    • Karen Carey
    • Susie
    • Jet McCartney
    • Petra Jane