• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Does Anyone Like To Write?

Guest Neuro

Are you a writer? So what genre do you like  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What genre do you work with best as a writer

• Sci-fi/adventure!
    • Comic-style, school stories
    • Sad writings/depressing stories
    • uplifting poetry or paintings!
    • Martial arts-fighting
    • Epic fantasy plot adventure
    • Other (please specify)

Guest Neuro

I am a writer and illustrator for my friend Kitt and I's upcoming projects studio; "DAIOH!"

We create many stories and try to write and draw them, our goal is to get up a successful webcomic.

I have two stories, personally; "Blood Type: Be Positive!" Is a comedy about a young man who finds out his family funeral home is crawling with vampires!! The little Vampire Toby seems shy at first, but he has a secret intention towards the home that only Adolf, his rescuer; knows of.

This story contains BL and drama, but its mostly a romance comedy.

"Speaking Without words" is a magical-girl ecchi-yuri story about girls who live in the mountains to become one with the spirit of air. Surrounding them, each element has a said school that they train their new mages in of all elements--water, earth, fire, darkness and light. Sheila of the Wind has made it her goal to unite the nations to work together, however it might be difficult being a country-bumpkin on scholarship. Her only comfort is at night, her secret time spent in the earth kingdom with Evangeline the beautiful earth priestess...

A sort of romantic comedy with a lot of fun and yuri thrown in there too.

These two stories I am planning on posting to an art site soon, I must complete them first.

What kinds of stories or characters do you all have? <83

Before I zone off to sleep, Michael is wondering the kinds of stories and characters that want to be heard~ =w=

I have said this before but until I got here I could not write a poem - now I tend to write poetry and nothing else.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest OneOutOfnOne

I would describe my writing as absurdist philosophical drama. I started posting short story-essay things at protograph.livejournal.com and there isn't much there yet, but I intend to therein produce one portion of quality writing every month. Any feedback at all on that is always appreciated; sometimes I feel as though my writing scares people away.

Stories I enjoy reading tend to be ones with multi-dimensional, lifelike characters, where reality is either explored to a boundary or altered in some way. The examples that come to mind are Thomas Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49 and Robert Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Guest Sophie H

I have never ever wrote poetry or anything, but I think I am going to have a go and post what I come up with. am I right in thinking poetry doesn't have to Rhyme?

Guest Elizabeth K
I have never ever wrote poetry or anything, but I think I am going to have a go and post what I come up with. am I right in thinking poetry doesn't have to Rhyme?
Music lyrics ar todays poetry. Write a poem to your favorite song...

Lizzy

Guest Leigh

i used to write fiction and poetry (as well as some essays) in middle school and high school.

it's been a while since i've written anything, but i tend toward poetry and random types of short stories (you know...like, a person is on their way home from work when.....)

i also paint, draw, make pottery, etc... which is why i don't really write anymore.

but i have been wanting to write some philosophy/political theory.

i actually want to write a book. more for myself than in the hopes of getting it published.

i hope that helps.

peace&love

Leigh

Guest Nikk

Fiction FTW! As you probably know from watching my dA for a short time, I'm currently writing a novel (And although it's for a grade, I'd write it anyway). Generally short psychologically messed up short prosetry type things are muchly fun to write.... Although I'm going to start writing a serial novel soon (supernatural/realistic fiction/ romantic comedy... Yes it's possible to have both supernatural and realistic fiction in the same story... Don't ask). But anything is fun, as long as I'm improving my writing. ^_^

Guest Neuro

I saw your novel on DA Nikk, as soon as I get some more medication I will be sure to read it!! It sounds really interesting.

Guest StrandedOutThere

I like to write sci-fi, but sometimes write poems.

I thought of a really good poem the other night right before I was going to sleep. I knew I should have gotten up and wrote it down somewhere because now I've forgotten how I phrased stuff. :(

Guest Eva Jean

I'm not very good at writing but I love it. I'm a big fantasy nerd. I would kinda call the stuff I write Mythopoeic. I'm heavily interested and so inspired by Tolkien and Frank Herbert's Dune series. I find it hard to keep myself focused with my writing and so I dont write epic novels but I tend to write storter stories (made-up myths) that all tie into the ultimate story.

I fit into two genres; fantasy and science-fiction, but I've mostly written fantasy so I voted that one, even though I think I'm equal in sci-fi and even melt the two together quite often.

I LOVE writing! It's a major passion of mine. I love bringing characters to life and designing complex storylines around them. I hope to write novels when I am older.

Oh! And I should probably also mention that I intend to write a transgender story here on the forums and have a poll up in the entertainment section right now to help me decide the theme.

Guest Cody_T

I write fiction, mainly realistic... I love sci fi, but only in the capacity that I get to design the world in my head. I figure this is boring to other people so I don't write it.

I randomly write poems, where I kind of go "I think I should write a poem" and then just write whatever. I've only been inspired for reals like, twice. Or once. Idk.

I didn't used to write any short stories as I concieve of ideas in novel scale (okay, actually slightly short of a novel, which is where the work part comes in), but then I joined an lj comm for prose challenges, and have written two, one of which was about a transguy. (the cis readers had a little trouble with pronouns, but w/e)

And then I really want to complete a novel but I'm afraid I'll cut myself down with the automatic "omg it's not good" response that my writing gets whenever I finish it. Plus I have to work hard not to let my ideologies dictate the plot more than necessary.

Oh and 21 jump street fanfics. Those are fun and it can be as crappy as I want.

Characters... man, I have this awesome one I just found cleaning my room, actually this awesome start to a book. He's not very defined but I'm definitely writing this book next, if I ever get to finishing my current one. (did I say finishing? I mean.... starting). It kind of scares me how I wrote so well a year ago because I feel like I'm not as good now or something. But I think it's just the distancing from my work that I can read it without being embarassed.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Joanna Phipps
I have said this before but until I got here I could not write a poem - now I tend to write poetry and nothing else.

Love ya,

Sally

I dont do poems the rhyme and meter kill me.. im a versologist