• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Do some movies make you cry?

gigi1969

I love a good tear jerk-er. My favorite movie is "It's a Wonderful Life." I always make a point of watching it at Christmas time. If the ending doesn't bring a tear to your eye you have to be very emotionally stuff off.

Another favorite is "Armageddon." The scene where the daughter is talking to her father just before he gives up his life to save the world.

I'd always wondered why the producers never thought of making a sequel. What the world was like after Harry Stanford's death. I can see

"In Harry We Trust. " printed on Money. His daughter having her first child and naming it after her father. The materialistic weasel of the bunch being hunted down by angry an loan shark and on the run with his bimbo stripper girlfriend. The Russian Cosmonaut being elected President of the USSR. Chip getting back with his ex-wife, son and finally being the father he always wanted to be.

Lots of good material there.

12 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Love those movies.  The Hobit movie series too.

Total geek here. watching The "LOTR-Return of the King" was finishing off two weekends of watching the series. I need to pick up from where I was reading the Hobbit. 

I'm a crybaby in real life sometimes without movies happy or sad without exactly being a loud one. A sad part in a movie or show may in fact actually turn me into sadness itself.

I don’t know if I dare rewatch LOTR, they got me preHRT. I do prefer the books more as there’s a lot more story. But the movies were still pretty darn good. I am definitely a self diagnosed super geek and into pretty much everything nerdy/geeky. 

16 hours ago, Donnie_1961 said:

The Russian Cosmonaut being elected President of the USSR

"American components, Russian components... All made in Taiwan!", such a great throwaway line - I loved that film!

On 2/27/2020 at 5:18 PM, Ellora said:

Total geek here. watching The "LOTR-Return of the King" was finishing off two weekends of watching the series. I need to pick up from where I was reading the Hobbit. 

My son in-law forced me to watch all the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies one weekend. >YAWN!< It was torture. I guess you have to be into those types of epic movies. I'm just not. I had to fake being interested so I wouldn't hurt his feelings. He's a big LOTR Fan

It was very kind of you to sit for that amount of time.  That’s an investment for sure.  Good on you for taking one for your team and making him feel good.  
It can be torture to sit through a movie you don’t care for and pretend to like it.  That is almost 24 hours of movies.  With no breaks.  Lol

4 hours ago, Donnie_1961 said:

I had to fake being interested

Ya, i guess each genre have to hold enough interest in order to sit and watch something for 1.5 - 2 hours. Luckily my kids liked the same movies as I did, but Im sure we all had to go through being tortured when one or more of us had to watch something we didnt like. 

Their mom didnt hide it when she didnt like something. She always played the martyr. Especially when our daughter played Basketball in high school, grumpy face and all. My daughter was "dragged" around to her brothers baseball games. 

What we do for family, ?

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Donnie_1961 said:

My son in-law forced me to watch all the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies one weekend. >YAWN!< It was torture. I guess you have to be into those types of epic movies. I'm just not. I had to fake being interested so I wouldn't hurt his feelings. He's a big LOTR Fan

Wow. That was a serious time investment. Especially the Hobbit movies. I'm a HUGE geek and I couldn't stay awake through those. I still haven't seen the last one. Good on you for lasting through the whole thing.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Wow. That was a serious time investment. Especially the Hobbit movies.

Not to hijack the thread but this reminded me of this funny parody of the Hobbit Movie Trailer

On 2/26/2020 at 5:10 PM, ShawnaLeigh said:

I cry at the ending scene in LOTR-Return of the King.  When he sees Arwin.  And it continues when he kneels before the four hobits and tells them “you kneel for no one”.  
I lost it before now I’m a wreck.  Lol

I love those two scenes. another scneve in that trilogy that gets me is when Arwen is being chased by the Nazgul on horseback and she tells her horse in elvish to "giddy-up" then when she passes the life of the eldar to Frodo. There is just such emotion in that scene I start to tear up. I may be a hot mess when I start hormones.

The Crow

Odd Thomas

Seeking a friend for the end of the world

The Green Mile

Ghost town

Avengers Infinity War and End Game

Wonder Woman

Make me bawl my eyes out.

I absolutely cry.  I have always been sensitive in that regard.  When I was younger I was always worried what people would think if they caught me doing it.  And I certainly have movies that will always make me cry.  Games too.  I don’t know if anyone here has played “Final Fantasy IX,” but without spoiling it, the very last cut scene leaves me sobbing every single time I watch it.  And this is almost 20 years after it was released and I know exactly what’s coming.

I have been a crier for years, I had always tried to hide and suppress it. I have come to accept that I am emotional but still fighting the need to suppress, hard to fight the voice in my head that say boys don't cry even though I'm not a boy. but really crying has nothing to do with being a boy or girl. Know if I could only quiet the toxic male voice in my head.

XO

Jocelyn

• 3 weeks later...

Although I had seen this video many times, the last few times time I saw it, I cried my eyes out. I don't know how much people know  about the Fleetwood Mac backstory, but the youtube video for Say Goodbye, from their Las Vegas (2013 I think) show was so sad. Lindsey Buckingham wrote the song for Stevie Nicks about what the years and circumstances had done to their relationship. If you want to use a few tissues, watch the video. Maybe it's especially sad for me because it reminds me of my recent ex-wife and the heartbreak that I had (and still have) when she left me 3 years ago. I'll never get over that and I don't think I'll ever get in another relationship. Seriously. The picture below from the video reminds me how I feel every time I watch the video.