• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Transcript: Harris Funeral Homes v. EEOC

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

This is a link to the transcript of oral arguments in the SCOTUS case:  Harris Funeral Homes v. EEOC.  You can find it on the SCOTUS page under the tab 18-107.

Very good arguments on the EEOC (pro-trans) side.  I'm no lawyer, but in reading the comments from the few Justices who did actively participate, it sounds like Chief Justice Roberts is inclined to favor the Plaintiffs side, perhaps giving us five votes.  Not surprisingly, Justice Kavanaugh doesn't seem to like the idea of "legislating" through the Court.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_arguments/argument_transcript/2019

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

The "legislating through the court" comment is actually one I anticipated from him and it could signal the direction this will go.  He is not against our rights per se, but how we get there via legislation and at what level.  One helluva lot of work to be done is my guess.  I don't see anything we have destroyed, but it is still a long time coming., States that have protection laws will not be overturned, but nothing new and blanket coming.

SCOTUS is not there to legislate, but to interpret the law. The LGBT activist attorneys are putting up a rather good argument and SCOTUS may just find in our favor. Fingers and toes crossed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 150 Guests (See full list)

• Astrid
    • Ivy
    • VickySGV
    • Jani
    • Mia Marie
    • KymmieL
    • Adrianna Danielle
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Kayla93
    Newest Member
    Kayla93

1. 777fleetleader777
      777fleetleader777
      (21 years old)
    2. ArinHallm3
      ArinHallm3
      (18 years old)
    3. ITakMyTime
      ITakMyTime
      (70 years old)
    4. Jess31
      Jess31
      (40 years old)
    5. Natalie71645
      Natalie71645
      (39 years old)
    • Jani
      The Move, an interesting part of UK rock history.
    • Ivy
      Footwear is one thing I sometimes go with mens'.  Basically, it's hard to find stuff big enough in womens', especially at a place like that.  For flip-flops I go for cheap since there're gonna tear up anyway.
    • Jani
      Be a good listener.  Sometimes people just want to talk.
    • KymmieL
      @Adrianna Danielle Congrats on a supportive new neighbor. LOL.   Kymmie 
    • Mirrabooka
      @awkward-yet-sweet, good for you! I hope it works out. We all know about the three basic things required for happiness; someone to love, something to do and something to look forward to. You've just ticked a couple of boxes there!
    • KatieSC
      There is no question that what is going on is abusive, and an overreach of authority with regard to going after medical records. Where things get a little dodgy, The Health Information Portability and Accountability Act includes clauses that permit a healthcare entity to disclose information relevant to a criminal investigation. It is not a carte blanche offering of the entire medical record. It will be interesting as the attorneys general in a number of R states have tried to criminalize our treatment, especially kids. As such, it will be interesting if they will be permitted to engage in these fishing expeditions.   These AGs are so convinced that their fantasies of transitioning kids are being held hostage and forced to transition, are being done to punish the kids. I am fed up with their overreach of authority. Unfortunately some supremely elevated jurists seem to be somewhat polarized and are supporting their R associates no matter what the science says. It is truly sad.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Had a new neighbor come over last night and we talked getting to know each other more.Saw there was something about me when we first met.Nice to me and I did tell her I am transgender.Then she opened up to me,said she is like me.Her name is Natalie,she lives and dresses as female since she was 23.Said since she was 5 years old as a little boy,alway liked the feminine clothing and had the dream of wearing them.Like me,she lost her parents at age 23 whom were very controlling of her and knew it was time let the inner woman side of her to come out.She is married to a very supportive wife,wife loves it.
    • FinnyFinsterHH
      Most of my days are good but whenever i realize my chest is there i get physically sick and had pit in my stomach. I dont think binder will help, i have tried to layer sport bra and cant get binder due to parent. Any tips for when this happens?
    • Heather Shay
      What do you do to make someone else feel better or just smile?
    • Heather Shay
      A mixture of good and bad.
    • Heather Shay
      EXCITEMENT The feeling when you expect something good or nice will happen to you. You cannot wait for it to happen. You feel excitement when something very nice is about to happen. For example, when you are about to see a good friend who just returned from a year abroad, when you just received the keys for your new car, or when you are waiting in line for a thrilling rollercoaster ride. In each case, you are experiencing eagerness and impatience in expectation of the upcoming pleasant experience. Excitement is more likely when the anticipated experience is both novel or unique and desirable. It is especially intense if you have been waiting for a long time to obtain the goal, or when excitement is shared with other people and the event makes you feel like you are part of something bigger.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.