• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First Breastforms

Krisvm

I finally invested in first breastforms (previously I had borrowed them off other people) and I really like them. I was wondering, do any people have any tips for use or maintenance?

• Forum Moderator

If you got silicone breastforms they hopefully came with a box with a plastic liner.  When you are not wearing them use that as a storage unit.  Mastectomy bras have pockets which keep them in place. Enjoy

Hugs,

Charlize

I remember my first, They was my babies. (That sounds weird) Yoou got to look after the silicone ones. They can be quite fragile. So easy if you got nails to split them . I had to replace mine once in there lifetime because i caughtthe same one twice. They cannot take to much abuse.

I still have them but havent used them for about 3 years. They served there purpose at the time.

Marks and spencer for your masectomy bra with the the pockets. Or Asda  do a comfort bra. It looks like a sports bra. But has 2 inserts. You do need to sew up the cenre just to stop them shifting but it woks great and are Asda priced.  Product Code: 6392217

• Forum Moderator

I find the triangular ones easiest to use as opposed to the teardrop shape. The triangular ones don't fit my pocket bra though. I don't know what you can get your hands on though, so experiment and see what looks best on you.

I had a very nice set of attachable forms that I donated to a friend. They were not compatible with growing breast tissue (Ow!). They were fun while they lasted though.

I rarely stuff just a year and a half later though. Just for special occasions so my advice would be that if you're planning on hormones, don't get a really expensive set. The cheaper alternatives are good enough and you won't be wasting, oh, $500 US on something you can only wear for six months.

If you're not planning on hormones though, go quality. The more expensive forms are tougher and will last longer. You could sleep in the aforementioned $500 pair for example. You can't do that with the "chicken cutlet" style inserts.

On the topic, I've got a friend that uses a breastplate design for her breast forms. That could be a good option if you want to wear something a little more revealing. I'd just thought she was brilliant with blending the edges when she let me in on her little secret. She's MUCH better with makeup than I am. She has better skin for it though. What can you do?

Hugs!

I like the triangular ones also.  They are cheap and look natural enough.

One question about the breast plate.  They look good, but how hot do you get while wearing one? I'd be dripping sweat in minutes.

My boobs are real, I have photos in the gallery. They came over a long period of time on hormones, 22 years. At this point in my non binary life I don't want them and keep them as suppressed as is comfortably possible in a tight leisure bra so there is no jiggle or pointiness. I just bought some Dimrs, silicone nipple covers as the nipple oglers out there piss me off no end. I would gladly give them to someone who could use them it it were at all possible.. 

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, lauraincolumbia said:

One question about the breast plate.  They look good, but how hot do you get while wearing one? I'd be dripping sweat in minutes.

I'd think so too. I texted him to ask, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I tried a latex under-thing once and while it wasn't as hot as you'd think, it wasn't comfortable. Then again, my skin is special-snowflake sensitive. It looks nice though.

Autumn leaves

She's been making some, ahem, big decisions lately.

NB Adult, I'm pigeon-breasted on top of all my other problems so I'd be absolutely tickled if they'd grow out to a nice B-Cup so that wasn't so obvious. I've still got about a year and a half before they're done and I hear a lot of girls get a growth spurt after their GRS, so hopefully I'll hit my goal. It's like I was telling my gym friends: "I don't have the advantage of genetics so I need to girl harder than you do."

Hugs!

Hugs! MtF breast development doesn't come the same as it does on teenage girls who develop fully in just a matter of a few years. I had minnies for a very long time on E before anything significant really happened. 

• Forum Moderator

<sigh> Yeah I know. Expected course of development is three years or so. I was a late bloomer the first time around. I have no reason to expect this time to be any different. Still, we all know the girl who went away for summer vacation and came back with D-Cups. I think on some deep level we all wish we were her. Part of the whole, "I had estrogen five minutes ago. I should have been a women for five minutes," mindset. It's a process. ?

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Krisvm said:

I finally invested in first breastforms (previously I had borrowed them off other people) and I really like them. I was wondering, do any people have any tips for use or maintenance?

I used to buy the realistic silicon beast forms.  Some were very pricy others were much more affordable.  I would wear them to bed every nite. I constantly switched  to different pairs periodically and cared for them by keeping them in their protective boxes,  even then, I never had a set last longer than two years.  The seams would separate eventually and silicon would leak a little through my bra....a gooey mess to clean up too.  It was a necessary 'pain in my patootie' but apparently worth all the trouble because I continued to buy them...lol. One thing though that might change things for others who sleep with their forms...I sleep on my stomach so that made them more susceptible to wear and tear during the evening.

Congrats Krisvm on getting your first pair.  Enjoy them!

Susan R?

Hope it is okay to post. Here are my first pair in their bra. A little bigger than I was expecting but still look good and feels so great to have them on.

On 10/12/2019 at 5:42 AM, Krisvm said:

Hi Krisvm,

I have a couple of different forms. My favorite that I wear the most are not filled with any liquids. I am able to sleep with them on and not worry they will burst.  They look very natural and stick without using any tape or glue (although if going braless you would need to use an adhesive)..

I wear an underwire full coverage bra - a pocket bra won’t work for this form. 

I wash mine after each use, let them dry and place them on the cradle they came with.

BTW- you look great!

• Forum Moderator

@Krisvm You look great! I'll bet you feel pretty good too. There's just something about being right... also I'm jealous as heck of your waistline. Work it girl!

Hugs!

• 2 weeks later...

I made my own breast forms. About a year and half ago, I bought a cute one piece negligee with breast cups for breast obviously. I did not like having to unbutton the middle to use the restroom, or how the cups rubbed my sternum because they're was nothing in them. So.... I found a drugstore near me sold a nylon 1 piece bra that slips over the head and fits like a normal bra. I then found an interesting solution at Target of all places. In their toy department was a section that sold Nerf style foam kids activity balls. I found a couple of balls that were called Dodge balls which are about 10 inch diameter. I bought 2 and cut 1 in half and cut the other one in 2/3rds. Voila, breasts. they fit fairly comfortably, they do make me look somewhat like a Barbie doll though. I don't care, as long as I had breast that for all intensive purposes look real.