• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Halloween???

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

With Halloween being not to far away. Has anyone have plans? Party, costume at work. or maybe dressing as your true self? For those that at still in the closet. I have the 30-31 off, on the 31 I have my lazer treatment. I am going as more of the real me. Gray sweater dress, gray leggings, slight heels. it will be fun and exciting.

Kymmie

I am going to a fetish Halloween party and have a costume that works for all three nights. Fairy princess for “whimsy”, Sorcerous for “Arcana”, and maiden for “decadence”. It will be fun because I get to be in costume, be my true self and just be in a safe space to be me.

• Forum Moderator

I'm not honest;y sure. My sister-in-law has a party every year, but it's well-attended and as a raging introvert my preferred group size is about six or so unless I know them really, really well. Especially this year. My brother-in-law, who was a HUGE fan of Halloween, just passed and if the number of people at his viewing was anything to go by, the town's population is going to double that night.

So I'm torn. I want to go out and be pretty, but the thought of being around that many strangers makes me ill.

Hugs!

Would it be really to out there if i say ill be thinking of my passed close relatiives. trying to feel closer to them

Its actually celtic On the night of October 31 the celts celebrated Samhain, when it was believed that the ghosts of the dead returned to earth.

Be nice to feel them just a little closer to me. Even if its just in my mind.

I dont think ill be dressing up for it.

• Forum Moderator

Not at all. It sounds like a lovely tradition. There are worse ways to spend the night than thinking fondly of people that were special to you that have gone on ahead. I could completely get into that.

Hugs!

• Admin

A number of spiritual beliefs all come together in my neighborhood, we have neighbors who celebrate Samhain as Maid in Bedlam describes, although they participate in the U.S. version of Halloween, for me as an Episcopalian and the Catholic church just around the corner from me, it is All Saints Eve (All Hallows Eve) and most of the people attending the Catholic church are also observing a "Dia de los Muertos" (Day of the Dead), and in that Catholic Parish it is fine for children (and adults) to come to the All Saints Mass in costume.

My neighborhood is really pretty safe and the parents let them do Trick or Treating on my block, which my neighbors and I are happy to deal with and generous with candy hand outs and some decoration. 

My LGBT center which is a couple of miles away has a Trunker Treat event where participants decorate their car's trunks (boots) and have candy treats for the children, and then shows a Halloween themed movie out doors, with soft drinks and cup cakes and popcorn.  Not too sure which I will do the most of this year.

gallery_14243_1207_59572.jpg

WThe trick or treating part of Halloween will be enjoyed with two 5 year olds and their mommie. There is a neighborhood across the way that is a goo area for kids to enjoy the celebration. 

I dont know what’s going on in my apartment building. I’m hoping the neighbors have something cool planned. There are a lot of parties going on in Hillcrest of course. There is always Balboa Park and downtown, and the haunted houses. 

Since i I haven’t presented in public yet, I’m excited, cause I might finally have enough courage to muster to venture out in the neighborhood. 

• Forum Moderator

I'll be wearing a pointy hat, dancing around a bubbling cauldron chanting "bubble, bubble, toil and trouble..."

Naw, not really. Though I might watch a bugs bunny witch hazel cartoon.LOL?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!???

Lots of love and a big BOO!

Timber Wolf ?

You cannot beat a Bela lugosi Dracula  Movie. He was the real mould . For me anyway.

Not so good in plan Nine from outer space.

I have no idea why i have posted this but it had to be said.

That is all

A business associat always has a party I have dressed up since 2016. This year I have either a evil witch or a pink princess outfit. Here is one from last year. 97F06632-FC0B-4AE4-BF97-829633156B09.thumb.jpeg.8c08bcb98421495b293e5cc55fa7f57e.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Wow you look great, not scary at all!!!  You're rocking it.  

• Forum Moderator

@Debra Michelle It never happened if you don't show us pictures. I had a HUGE crush on Elvira back in high school.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

It's my anniversary on Halloween. The party at my sister-in-law's place isn't until November 9th because a lot of the guests work haunted houses through November 2nd. I'm going to try and post Friday when my Jean's come in.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

OK, it's a day late but...

649933877_20191025_210311(2).thumb.jpg.88a79e8b7a30259339049272c979b4b0.jpg

The band shirt is from my deceased brother-in-law's group. He was a HUGE fan of Halloween. You can't see my bat barrette or my tail from this angle. I haven't mastered the thing where somehow my butt and my boobs are prominently displayed in the shot. I might need more yoga. 

Hugs! 

• Forum Moderator

@Rachael Very nice outfit.  You look really nice in dark attire and I like the dark hair too.

@Jackie C. You look just fine...butt, boobs and the whole look.  We are our biggest critics.

If things work out and the outfits fit, my wife our girlfriend and I may be attending a party as 1920's flapper girls.  It's been awhile since I got all dressed up for a Halloween party so I'm a little bit apprehensive.  It's social events like these I wish I drank.

Here's sort of what I'm going for...

IMG_1112.JPG

• Forum Moderator

@Susan R Ooh! Risque! I don't think I could get away with a skirt that short. Also, the butt and boobs on my costume are padding and falsies respectively, my body isn't all that without a little help. It's Halloween though and my brother-in-law would approve. The party is mostly for him. I'm a tremendous introvert so I'm hoping I can get through the evening without anyone having to peel me off the ceiling. ?

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

You look so happy! Also I love those boots. Do they come in size Sasquatch?

Hugs!

Jackie C.  They are size 16 women’s. I think they came from exotic high heels. And are made by pleaser. EHH has lots of nice shoes and can be returned if necessary. 

Best wishes & have fun 

• Forum Moderator
13 hours ago, Rachael said:

Jackie C.  They are size 16 women’s. I think they came from exotic high heels. And are made by pleaser. EHH has lots of nice shoes and can be returned if necessary. 

Shiny! I didn't know about that one! And they have 16's! <girl squeal!> Thanks a bunch!

Hugs!