• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

ShawnaLeigh

No real review but questions on stuff, devices, products.

ShawnaLeigh

Ok so I like many others, I have wasted way to much money on products that claim this or that and simply did not do a thing.  At least for me. Some are outrageous on how much they cost with little support to them actually working.

Items such as suction therapy on breast and/or nipples.  Creams that "slow" hair growth on your face.  Hair removal (other then electrolysis) 

Do these products really work?

I have tried breast suction devices and even bought Noogle suction therapy and during the "procedure" I achieve a nice full breast.  C cups and bigger!  Excitement threw the roof.!!!  The potential for future boob size!  One second later its back to man boobs.  I realize any sort of therapy that increases the size of anything has to be done over a long period of time.  For a long period of time per day 7 days a week.  Who can do this?  Especially if your not out yet.  Ultimately in my estimation on how this "should" work, the device will stretch my chest skin and hope that fat fills it in.  It will of course not build breast tissue.  (Or at least I do not think it will.)  It does supply the breast and nipples with tissue building blood flow.  So maybe.  Its way to easy to over use these or use them wrong.  IE: to much suction.  I know....

Nipple suction I have seen ok results.  However I was taking hormones and blockers too.  So not sure if it was the pills or the suction or the combination.  At this point I did see results.  My nipples were very small and no areola.  Little boy small even as an adult.  I have increased the size by double though that's still not female size or shape.  I use an inverted nipple suction cup for breastfeeding mothers, (sorry I do not know the brand of the top of my head).  Its compact and strong but comfortable to wear long term.  Strong enough to stay on while your sleeping or to work out with.  The Snake Bite cups are brutal in my opinion.  Ouch.

I have yet to try any of the hair growth slowing creams for your face, or other areas, as I do not want to waste money and time.  If they do indeed work then please send me a product to try.

Hair removal.  The bane of my inner and outer women.  I hate body hair.  I hated it with a passion. It make me want to quiver with repulsion.  Yes, I am somewhat hairy.  Some places no but legs butt and fore arms, I'm an ape.  I have only had access and the obvious instant success with shaving but lets face it.  What a pain in all senses of the word.  The pickiness once regrowth starts is brutal in certain regions.  Feels gross under clothing and that is after it stops hurting.  Shaving bumps suck.  No better way to state that. 

I recently tried the use an epilator for coarse hair.  Damn girl that's not pain free either!  Over a few weeks I "conditioned" myself to just take it.  Beautiful can be painful.  In the end my regrowth was a few day beyond shaving but again it was a chore to do my whole body.  Some areas no way.  Still get "shaving bumps too".  (Sigh)

Laser is probably a no go for me.   I am old.  LOL 

A lot of my hairs are turning grey/white and white or light colored hairs do not respond well to laser treatments. So I've read.  It does kind of make my beard less noticeable being mostly white to gray after shaving.  But I still have enough dark hairs to be noticeable.  My body hair is still very dark so maybe there.  But do the home DIY home devices work or are they a waste of money?

Electrolysis is way out of my financial means, probably always will be. Though I know it is the most successful treatment for permanent hair removal.  But takes a long time and many treatments to get where you want to be.  If only.... (dreams and wishes)

So please help a girl out and suggest what really works.  Please chime in and let me know what your experiences have been and if you have found success.

Thank you all for the help.

Jani

The adage "if's it's too good tone true, it probably is" applies here.  All the items you mention are attempts to lighten your wallet.  Even the use of an elpilator will result in return of the hair.  Laser is not inexpensive nor is is permanent although you may see some positive results.  Interestingly all these items promise pain free results. Ha!  With hair removal, think what you are doing.  It will be painful.  Electrolysis is not inexpensive and not a one time deal either.  There are only a few successful processes for adding or removing hair.  

The only successful method for any of this to go the professional route and have it done properly.  Sorry but that's it.  

ShawnaLeigh

Thank you for the reply.  I was hoping for a magic cure but deep down knew better.

I understand that the real deal will cost and big.  Time and money.  Something most of us don't have a surplus of.  

Or

Keep buying razors.  LOL

Jackie C.

What Jani said. Unfortunately there's no magic wand. I so wish, but wishing doesn't work either. Herbal products are a bad idea for a variety of reasons from, "It doesn't work and cost a mint," to "It doesn't work and gave me an exciting new health problem." The same goes for vacuum pumps. You do not want to throw a clot.

Honestly all these products are looking to make a buck off of someone else's moment of desperation. Where you'll try ANYTHING to get just a little closer to your goal. The people who peddle such problems should be pecked by perturbed penguins until they repent.

Breast massage along with hormone therapy (under the supervision of an endocrinologist) helps a little. Your mileage may vary. It's pain free though.

I can't comment on hair removal though. I was "gifted" with alopecia universallis for my 39th birthday. I'm going to look on the bright side and say, "At least I don't have to shave anything." I have found that most SRS surgeons in the states won't touch you unless you've had electrolysis in the "target area" for at least a year though. Made scheduling my surgery a challenge.

Hugs!

Jani
6 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Honestly all these products are looking to make a buck off of someone else's moment of desperation.

This is the one guaranteed item they don't talk about! 

As to electrolysis, I am just over four years and 240 hours.  I told my electrologist (who's become a great friend) if I had known I would still be on the table four years later I would have cried.  Oh wait!  I did cry, but from the pain when she zapped hair on my lip.  But everything gets easier and I am almost finished.   With just a number of white hairs on the neck to go, I rarely wear makeup now unless I'm doing something special.  I've achieved my goal of blending in and being one of the girls when I am out.   

TL:DR  There is no easy road to success (or happiness).  You gotta work for it! 

kaygee

Nipple suction I have seen ok results

A few years ago I wanted more noticeable nipples, and I asked my dermatologist if it was possible to "plump up" my nipples with collagen, much like some women do with their lips.

She said she had never seen it done, but she thought it would work. She would purchase a container of collagen, and inject my nips as needed (I guess collagen injections need to be refreshed from time to time.), and keep the collagen in her fridge just for my use.

I didn't have it done, but I'm keeping it i mind. If I have extra money after surgery, I may pursue it again.

JM2¢W

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 156 Guests (See full list)

• ShawnaLeigh
    • Jackie C.
    • Kaltia_Atlas
    • Oh_Kay
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Mx.Drago
    • Dana Michelle
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Mutethisbitch
    Newest Member
    Mutethisbitch

1. SoSarah
      SoSarah
      (61 years old)
    2. Xlandral
      Xlandral
      (19 years old)
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Ok ladies and gentlemen here is an updated photo in my daily makeup.   
    • Mmindy
      We own one of those new digital/talking scales. When I step on it in the morning it quickly response with; Hey! One person at a time!   #joke   Mindy🐛🌈🦋
    • Willow
      Hi everyone    Love the new pic Patti.  Good luck with the Job interview Shawna.   I had a great day today.  My wife and I went shopping.  Michael’s for some sewing items them our mall to window shop.  No one appeared to see anything but two women shopping together.  Never got misgendered.  Even got a complement on the dress I was wearing.  This just topped off a great weekend.   Willow    
    • Mx.Drago
      I agree with @Gaylord Still great work and great words.
    • VickySGV
      Thank you for talking about this and learning.  Before this Virus problem started I used to get flyers from ULTA and Sephora cosmetics and their stuff had scratch and sniff inserts in them.  My computer chair is near where the mail drops in, and more than once I have rolled the chair wheels over the flyers, and set off the samples.  They can have me sneezing for an hour or two.  In my CD days, the stronger the perfume smell was the desired motif, I do not miss those times.
    • Jackie C.
      I'm guessing you went noseblind to it. My dad's the same way with cologne. He wore it every day for a while, and after some time passed it started to get stronger... and stronger...   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      I shop at Torrid, Long Tall Sally, Target and the local thrift stores. I like cruising the resale shops with my wife, it's a fun outing and sometimes I get something pretty. Don't discount skinny jeans though, I've got no hips so they fit better than regular cut. I'm an XL-Tall at 5' 11" and... no idea what I weigh anymore. I hope less than 210. I haven't been able to check since the pandemic. We don't own a scale.   Hugs!
    • sleepinflame
      OK, now we're a step closer to each other.  I have a non-binary brain in a male body.  Lots of girl stuff and lots of boy stuff for me.   I just got a perspective shift.  If you have that fully female brain, then I see how you say "I have the wrong body!"   And you got a perspective shift, "Oh, I have a female brain."  This is how I was thinking of the MtF people the whole time and I didn't see the pain of "I have the wrong body" until a few days ago.   Very cool.  You can see that for me, I don't think, "I have the wrong body"  I just think, "I have an abby normal brain!" --Grace  
    • Tori M
      Ok, I'm tired.  I'm tired of spending hours and hours looking for pants and tops for tall women.  At reasonable prices.  I can't pay $79 for a single top, Lane Bryant.  You, too, Long Tall Sally.  Goodwill, you have tons of clothes but could you please put the tall stuff in a special section?  Amazon, you have 40,000 pairs of jeans and no checkbox on the left for "Tall".  How am I supposed to look through 40,000 pairs of jeans?!  Also, some of us are getting older... I don't want skinny jeans, I want a stretch waistband with normal legs.  My eyes are bugging from screen searching so much I'm going to need a new prescription for my glasses.   Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find tall clothes for older gals at affordable prices?  I'm only 5'11"... it shouldn't be this hard!
    • Dana Michelle
      The corrected URL is https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/nc500.pdf. The period at the end of the sentence got included in the link so it produces an error.
    • Just Lee
      This is a highly volatile subject that could get heated so I won't fully go there. I will say however, that here in NH, we had a long standing sexist code. In the Union Leader or any other classifieds here, there's a phrase code of "Must be able to lift 50 lbs and over." It's a blatant way of saying MEN ONLY. Women need not apply. I found this out by accident in my early 20's. I'd been in the air force, worked in stables where lifting 50 lbs happened a dozen times a day with feed, manure and tack. I applied for the job but the guy saw a 5 foot female and immediately said, "This ain't the place for you little girl. The ad is for men. Gotta lift 50 lbs." No joke. 
    • Sally Stone
      Keep in mind that a lot of rhetoric we hear comes from the loud mouths.  In this country there has always been, and will continue to be, a silent majority, people who have an opinion but don't feel the need to shout about it at the top of their lungs.  I learned long ago to try and tune out the loud mouths and the news reported primarily for sensationalist reasons.  We have to look past all BS we are made to see and hear to really feel the pulse of the nation.  If we take the time to do that, we see that most people don't take issue with the way we express ourselves.  It's only the terrified loud mouths who are making all the racket, and they really, are the minority.  My experiences as a trans woman have for the most part, been extremely positive, and I absolutely refuse to cower in the face of a few blowhards.  Take heart, that it is never really as bad out there as it can sometimes seem.
    • Gaylord
      Wow it's great. I like the first version better because it gave a sense of tension and dramatic irony to the verses with a big reveal at the end of each verse. For example insurance coverage only restriction verse tells a story through time in your first version that gets lost in the second and I also love the drama of the line where the girl inside was evicted in the first version. Maybe for verses that are more final you could switch to the couplet to ground and sober the feelings.. It sounds good! 
    • Tori M
      Fear is mostly the reason I've been in hiding for the past 8 years.  Had a couple of bad experiences when I first moved here (I assumed all of Oregon was LGBTQ friendly... not!) while I watched the turmoil rise across the country about gay marriage.  I told myself and others, "This is going to get worse before it gets better.  I'm tagging out for a while."   Now things are getting to a fever pitch and the troublemakers are all up in the news.  It's the last ditch efforts of the minority who want to turn the clocks back to 1945.  They won't go down without a fight, that's always the way these things go.  They really are the few but they make a lot of noise.  The majority of people are good, as it always has been.  Remember that the majority of people quietly staying at home and out of the fight are good, too.   Hiding isn't working for me any longer.  We have to be safe and smart, but we don't have to stay quiet.     That's exactly how the establishment wants it.  Keep the masses distracted quarreling among themselves so we don't see the power-grabs they are pulling.  That's not new in this country.  It's always been that way, especially since the '60's.  We have to do what our heart desires.  In the end, we will prevail, I know it.  Always remember we're not the first to have to fight for our rights and acceptance.
    • Sally Stone
      Earlier to day, my wife and I were out doing a couple of errands, we took her car so she was driving.  After about five minutes in the car she said: "I guess your sense of smell is getting old, because you are wearing too much perfume."  Rats, I thought I was using my perfume sparingly, but perhaps not.  Is my "smeller" actually getting old, or, do I simply adjust to the fragrance after I apply it?  Not sure the reason, but I guess I need to be more sensitive to how much I am wearing.  I myself, have experienced the perfume cloud that surrounds certain women, so, I know how easily perfume can become overpowering.  I took my wife's comment to heart for next time when I'll be sure to spritz only once.  Where perfume is concerned, less really is more.  
  • Upcoming Events