• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

MaleVsFemale dominate hobbies

ShawnaLeigh

48 minutes ago, Josie Beth said:

I do enjoy shooting and hunting occasionally and I can dress a deer with the best, but I just don’t really enjoy deer camps. I guess it’s mostly because of the gross discussions and the obsession with building a pile of beer cans. But I’ve always been that way. I know that I won’t really fit in so often I deflect when I’m invited to join “the guys” in whatever activities are going on. I don’t care how tolerant they are I’m just not really interested. Perhaps it would be different if I was asked by some lgbtq friends. The campfire conversations would definitely be a lot better.

I fully understand that. The friends I’ve always gone to deer camp were not like that.  More family oriented atmosphere.  Respect of others and we were there to hunt.  Heck we were all asleep by 8pm up at 330am.  Lol

But we did do our share of drinking.  Which I can not do now due to my Bariactric surgery.  
If you need a good girl to hunt with let me know too!  ❤️

It could be. My brain was already more comfortable in female thinking patterns. So I don’t really notice much of a difference. Mostly in coping skills rather than in what my favorite things are. I’ve always been considered slower to act than I guess I’ve been expected to. I have heard before that people are generally harder on males and even more so if they don’t fit what is expected of boys but never really thought about it until I saw a video about a woman who was coping with her spouse coming out and suddenly she understood that she had to be softer about how she interacted. It’s like an unspoken rule. I guess that’s why my mother constantly complained about having to light a fire under my butt. She expected me to behave very male but my brain processes were very female.

I’m sadly still in the role of being male 95% of my day.  It’s a huge weight to be that person and nurture the women inside.  
im hoping to get past that soon. I have definitely noticed the change in brain activity.  Just feel better on something’s and very different on others.  I cry.  A lot.  But my fathers side of the family were very emotional so I get it from them.  But I don’t hide it as well anymore.  Or things will choke me up when they never did. 
there are a ton of others things too.  My point is it has changed me and what I like and dislike.  

• Forum Moderator

That's a lovely little yellow powerhouse.  A lot better than most snow blowers!

I laugh with other women about how "butch" i am with a joystick and a diesel.  I've never loved the mechanical fixing part but do what's necessary.

Hugs.

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

An intelligent woman always uses the best tools for the job!  I had a lawn tractor with a snow blower attachment but it really wasn't effective for moving lots of snow so I sold it soon after buying this to do yard contouring, etc.   I'll do basic work on it but send it to a diesel shop for anything serious. 

I enjoy shooting. More pistol than rifle. But it's just target shooting. I'd prefer not to shoot living things. Definitely don't want to have to clean something I've shot, although I can and have in the past, but just small game.

Funny thing about the video games, I prefer female persona when playing.

43 minutes ago, TammyAnne said:

I enjoy shooting. More pistol than rifle. But it's just target shooting. I'd prefer not to shoot living things. Definitely don't want to have to clean something I've shot, although I can and have in the past, but just small game.

Funny thing about the video games, I prefer female persona when playing.

It never bothered me before to "harvest" and animal and only for the purpose of food.  I will not hunting illegally nor shoot anything just to kill it.  Even if they are nuisance animals like coyotes, which I can not shoot anyways because I am a huge dog lover.

Now I bail like a baby when I find an animal I may of taken and have a hard time covering that up around any guy friends.  Even if its not mine.  I have been picked on the last couple years for this.  I may be moving away from hunting and just stick with shooting.  I'm not sure.  

42 minutes ago, Nivegnal said:

It never bothered me before to "harvest" and animal and only for the purpose of food.  I will not hunting illegally nor shoot anything just to kill it.  Even if they are nuisance animals like coyotes, which I can not shoot anyways because I am a huge dog lover.

Now I bail like a baby when I find an animal I may of taken and have a hard time covering that up around any guy friends.  Even if its not mine.  I have been picked on the last couple years for this.  I may be moving away from hunting and just stick with shooting.  I'm not sure.  

I have always been prone to crying over things that move my emotions.

I'm not criticizing anyone that hunts for food. But I get very moved and cannot stand to see suffering. Animals or people.

Getting choked up is just part of me.

4 hours ago, Josie Beth said:

I do enjoy shooting and hunting occasionally and I can dress a deer with the best, but I just don’t really enjoy deer camps. I guess it’s mostly because of the gross discussions and the obsession with building a pile of beer cans. But I’ve always been that way. I know that I won’t really fit in so often I deflect when I’m invited to join “the guys” in whatever activities are going on. I don’t care how tolerant they are I’m just not really interested. Perhaps it would be different if I was asked by some lgbtq friends. The campfire conversations would definitely be a lot better.

Ugh yeah! My last Elk hunt a dozen years ago was a week of hell. It began sitting around a bonfire having beer, then it went to the hard stuff. First time I ever has "Apple Pie" (high test pure grain alcohol, apple cider and cinnamon) it went down easy was like desert. When I stood up to go to bed I only had side and rear gear, which was fortunate lest I would have done a face-plant in the fire. The neanderthals howled outside all night, it was maddening. This went on all week, never again! One of the things that I found most irritating was the bragging about their times with women and women't body parts, it was extremely demeaning.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, Jani said:

An intelligent woman always uses the best tools for the job!  I had a lawn tractor with a snow blower attachment but it really wasn't effective for moving lots of snow so I sold it soon after buying this to do yard contouring, etc.   I'll do basic work on it but send it to a diesel shop for anything serious. 

I completely agree. I pay a guy $25 to come over and take care of it for me. ☺️

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I completely agree. I pay a guy $25 to come over and take care of it for me. ☺️

Hugs!

I so wish I could do this with everything.  I'm a neat freak but hate keeping after it all day after day.  I so wish we could afford and house keeper and a yard guy too.  LOL

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, NB Adult said:

One of the things that I found most irritating was the bragging about their times with women and women't body parts, it was extremely demeaning.

That actually sounds ghastly. I have a couple of friends who, while accepting of my situation, I cannot stand to be around because of this sort of behavior.

Hugs!

I threw my last few male friends under the bus for this sort of thing. The four of us were at Starbucks having a chat over coffee when a young couple came in and took seats right across from us by the window. The young woman was extremely beautiful and well endowed. These three imbeciles sat there with their tongues hanging out ogling her, I was extremely embarrassed and felt like sliding under the table. I hate that behavior and the fact that they have no concern for how she might feel being so openly objectified like that. I let them know my feelings on the matter and told them to XXXX off.

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

That actually sounds ghastly. I have a couple of friends who, while accepting of my situation, I cannot stand to be around because of this sort of behavior.

Hugs!

I totally agree!  Even in my younger years when dating a women I have never said things like that about someone I have been with.  Such a lack of respect for the person being talked about.  Never once did I kiss n tell.  No would I.  Its no ones business IMO.

I will say though even now still I do appreciate a beautiful women when out shopping or in public, or a women with a very nice body but I do not ogle nor do anything to make her feel out of place.  I appreciate her for who she is and what she looks like.  

I'm married to a beautiful women and do not want anyone else.