• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I almost came out yesterday

ShawnaLeigh

Only to my daughter.  She had gotten free passes to a nice golf course and we normally play golf together quite often.  Thought I am not that good Nor is she but we love it.  We share the love and beauty of a golf course.  It gets to us. Anyways I kept trying to bring it up but just couldn’t break through that fear barrier.  We were having such a good time and I didn’t want to ruin it.  Playing golf for us is a frame of mind.  Don’t play stressed.  Don’t bring issues on the course with you.  Be positive.  Etc.   it’s kind of and unwritten rule and we follow it.  
I was worried I would ruin not just our day together but was afraid of our future relationship. Maybe after some therapy I can get past this. 
but I swear I was sooo close.  

• Forum Moderator

The first person is hard... so were the next couple dozen... eventually it gets easier. Take your time, do things with your daughter. Don't stress.

It sounds like you have a good relationship with your daughter though. When you do come out, make sure you stress that you're still the same person you've always been, you're just sharing more of yourself. Give her space, time and love and she'll most likely start calling you "Mom."

Hugs!

I do feel telling both kids I can handle.  I was always the “cool and fun” parent.  I identify with them.  Always played video games etc.  I do think it will shock them.  But they will be ok.  Though I can not see a day when I will called mom.  Unfortunately they have had way to many of them as I’ve been married four times.  
Im not worried about that at this point.  But one can dream.