• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

It happened today and made me smile. (All Post away)

Maid In Bedlam

There is so much negative in this world now. Fussing and fighting about something that is not really that important to ones general contentment.

I do not know if this has been done before but if it has not its about time.

Tell us what made you feel happy today. I small moment or big. A major event or just something someone said.

A little bit of a moment in your life that gave you faith that the world is really a nice place filled with nice people.

Even just something that was personal to you that you found or created.  Doesnt have to be a picture. Just a few words.

Anything nice.

No negatives. All comments here should be positive please. Spread the joy. Who knows. by your words you can make someones  day even better.

We cannot change the world on our own. But we can at least spread some goodness from ourselves.

I hope we can fill this thread with positive waves and who knows what may happen

Allow me to start.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a couple of websites today that guess your gender and age from a photo.

I used two websites. Both came back as female and both guess my age at least twenty years younger

1676668216_Igraftn1.thumb.jpg.b38d4a3e6a7d307dbe56674007665a19.jpg

Im happy with 23. As I said at least 20 years younger. Just that made my day.

I know those hormones and such have done the trick. As i put a pre transition picture in as a base test. Trust me the results were completly diffrent.

Whos next?

That's neat MiB!

I awoke feeling full of energy, pretty happy with myself, and looking forward to tackling things that I've let languish this week. I am convinced that I'm able to do "good enough" to get the job done.

On an even more plus note, I did an inventory of art supplies and discovered paint that I had ordered last spring but forgot about, so I won't need to wait for an order to come in! (To me that's a big deal and a truly happy note!)

On 10/21/2019 at 12:24 PM, TammyAnne said:

I did an inventory of art supplies and discovered paint that I had ordered last spring but forgot about, so I won't need to wait for an order to come in! (To me that's a big deal and a truly happy note!)

Keep painting  T. Its always lovely to find some thing we didnt even know we had. Smashing that.

For me. I found myself a jacket. In a charity shop. It was absolutly awesome and a particular style i had been looking for. But was never silly enough. to buy new. at around £150. I got it for £3 and it was as new. cant pass that by.

So made my day. I am a very happy girl.☺️

• Forum Moderator

I've started to clean out my shop as its gotten too messy and congested with "stuff".  I've got a number of ads on craigslist and I hope to move things along.  If no response I'll either post it for free or take it to the dump.  I saw that I had let things get a out of hand this summer.   

On another note, we're going to see Acoustic Alchemy (a British smooth jazz band) perform on Thursday.  I've seen them six times!  

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Well, yesterday but I got new shoes! They both fit and look nice. While I can't say my collection is complete, I'm now covered from casual to formal to date night.

Oh, I also got my new social security card yesterday. Seeing and signing my name to it was absolutely lovely.

Hugs!

Today I smiled a lot! Doctors visits went well. They confirmed I am cancer free and no need for any kind of chemotherapy. Just follow up CAT scans for a few years.

I count my many blessings and give thanks.

42 minutes ago, TammyAnne said:

Today I smiled a lot! Doctors visits went well. They confirmed I am cancer free and no need for any kind of chemotherapy.

Tammy. That is absolutly fantastic and i am really glad to hear that. the spectre of the C word has gone from your world.

Super news

45 minutes ago, TammyAnne said:

. Just follow up CAT scans for a few years.

I hope that those nastys are bannished for good.

44 minutes ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

Tammy. That is absolutly fantastic and i am really glad to hear that. the spectre of the C word has gone from your world.

Super news

I hope that those nastys are bannished for good.

Thank you!

Me too!

Cause I have some serious art-making to do. I'm not stopping until there's a big pile of it!

Today I got all the housework done in record time. To the best spotify playlist they have generated  for me so far.

Therefore gave me a chance to go and get some shopping without having to rush

It may not sound much but to me it was fantastic.

Oh and i have almost weened myself off caffine. Which is even better. First few days were rough as hell. Make no mistake. I have been addicted since i was about Five years old. But i can see a light at the end of the tunnel

This probably seems strange that it made me smile, but today as I was moving the last of the painting studio upstairs, I banged myself up enough to make a gash.

And it made me smile, because the memory of my late father attempting to do almost anything and always bashing himself in the process made me smile and my heart warm.

My father was kind of an inept goofball and dearly loved by everyone who met him.

Anyway, getting chewed up trying to move things reminded me of him and made me smile.

Most of my customers called me by my she/her pronouns today. One even called me miss. Don't even know if she saw my she/her pronoun tag. 

Also, my roommates and I had a pleasant group text conversation about how we love living together and are like family. It made me feel loved ?

~Toni ?

Today I found out i could be in line for a promotion to asistant manager. The current one is kind of on  her way out. For reasons unknown. Being honest I like her but i didnt ask what those reasons are. Its not my business. But when i asked my manager about it she seemed very keen to have me in the position.

So I will just have to wait and see But if it happens or not. It doesnt matter. its nice that im regarded so highly.

44 minutes ago, Maid In Bedlam said:

Today I found out i could be in line for a promotion to asistant manager. The current one is kind of on  her way out. For reasons unknown. Being honest I like her but i didnt ask what those reasons are. Its not my business. But when i asked my manager about it she seemed very keen to have me in the position.

So I will just have to wait and see But if it happens or not. It doesnt matter. its nice that im regarded so highly.

I wish you all the luck I can.

This is great news!

• Forum Moderator

A lovely elderly women commented on how pretty my purse was. Made me smile.

Ann and I got to kid around with Xena this morning too. Ann works at the gym I frequent and Xena is a friend who shares the unisex bathroom. Both of them always make me smile.

I traded thanksgiving plans with Claire while we were on the exercise bikes. Neither of us has a clue what we're doing for the holiday besides staying home and cooking ... food?

Little things, but they all made me smile.

Hugs!

I answered my office phone today with someone who I have talked to before.  I was apparently using my female voice because she was taken back and asked again if it was me.  When I said yes she paused a continued.  
Not like being called Ma’am but it was clear my voice confused her.  
I found it funny.  

• Forum Moderator

Those are fun! I had a 30 minute conversation with a bank officer before I changed my name. I wasn't willing to give him boy voice, so he kept asking over and over if he had my name right. Validating!

I did eventually take pity on him and explain the situation. He made a note in my file.

Reading that, I realize I might have a little mean streak. I blame my grandfather. He taught me everything I know about messing with people.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Those are fun! I had a 30 minute conversation with a bank officer before I changed my name. I wasn't willing to give him boy voice, so he kept asking over and over if he had my name right. Validating!

I did eventually take pity on him and explain the situation. He made a note in my file.

Reading that, I realize I might have a little mean streak. I blame my grandfather. He taught me everything I know about messing with people.

Hugs!

Both of my grandfathers were pranksters and jokers too.  I learned much.  LOL

Though admittedly I have been more passive lately with the issues I am trying to wrap around my head.  You and MaryMary blew my mind telling me about my other post being a real thing.  I cant wait to see my therapist now...

20 hours ago, SabrinaMcG said:

I worked on my female voice at work. There is a long way to go, but there is improvement.

thats awesome Sabrina. A voice takes time to perfect. But its great your getting better. keep it up ?

I got a email from a freind who i use to know from another site. The last time we had any contact was in about 2009. When we use to do the London clubs. I was younger then and pre everything.  It was great to know she was still about and doing well.  I am trying to trace others who I called freinds. She gave me a couple of contacts and leads. So i am now trying to find them. Its been a long time but i remain hopefull. I would love to know how there journey went.

I have another one
earlier today I was deciding what to wear. I had to go post a few things and then Pop into the supermarket. Bread, Milk. That sort of thing. So anyway. I have this skirt at the back of the wardrobe. Now i don't really wear skirts much. I'm more a Leggings kinda gal.  This particular skirt was perhaps a little shorter than I would consider. Not silly short but short enough for me to have to pull the hem back down when you get in the car.  but I decided. What the hell. I'm going to wear it at least once. So that is what happened.  I did what I had to do indoors and off I went. Ladies, I will tell you I almost felt quite liberated. I had friendly smiles and a few impromptu chats with guys. Than ever before. Therefore the moral to this is. Shorter skirts get you noticed.

I'm not complaining it was great to have a bit of attention.

So I had a dental appointment on Tuesday, and I am extremely lucky to have such nice/hard teeth. I go for cleaning once a year,  vs two times per, and when there, my hygienist barely has anything to do, she says.  So as I said I haven't been there since last year when I was like 260 pounds.  So she comes out to call for me and did not recognize me at all.  I had lost over 100 pounds since then and she made a huge deal about it.  But then paused and looked and me for a second and then went on her way to get started.  She told me she had to write down the changes in my records as it was a very big change and also about my bariatric surgery which some how is important to a dentist. (???)

I said off handedly that next year there will be even bigger changes and just let it pause.  She looks at me in confusion and then got it.  She smiled and said she didn't want to say this earlier but you "look so pretty" and that it surprised her.  I was like WHAT!!!  Really?!?!  This was very surprising, even shocking to hear, as I am still presenting as male and was dressed in my work clothing.  Which is basically golf clothing.  LOL

But it was one heck of a compliment even so.

I had to smile big.  

If I can be "pretty" as a male I may have half a chance at it when I come out totally female.  

Well there you go! It's like I said earlier, we often don't see the changes others do who haven't seen us on a daily basis. 

• Forum Moderator

Shawna, we see it last.  Very nice!

As to your dentist wanting your medical record.  This is important as they see changes in our health that might go unnoticed.  I had my semi-annual visit earlier this week.  On the medical history document I review and update each time there is a question about a specific type of medication which I happen to have just started.  We ended up discussing it for a moment.   

• Forum Moderator

It's in the attitude. When you're happy with who you are, it shows on the outside too. I get more compliments when I walk in like I own the place.

Oh, I see Vermont has trans-protection laws. I'm jealous. ?

I had to make sure that all my doctors were OK with the whole transitioning thing. They were all cool about it, but here you have to ask.

Hugs!